• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: The Gathering |OT3| Enchantment Under the Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultron87

Playing my first FNM in a month. On Temur Monsters. I kind of adore Stubborn Denial. Especially when you manage to get someone with the non ferocious Force Spike version.

Matriox

Stubborn Denial is pretty sweet. Love boarding them in against most decks nowadays due to thoughtseize or planeswalkers, they usually dont see it coming.

Ugh, don't wanna just jump on a Bandwagon of Disappointment, but I have been really enjoying the Standard Finals + Legacy tourney on Sundays...

It does say that there are two events and most are Legacy? How do we know what the coverage will show?

I find it somewhat funny that SCG's own commentators call Legacy the "best" format in Magic and are hot off the heels of a smash hit Legacy Grand Prix. And then there's this thing where maybe they just mostly drop it. And by 'somewhat funny' I mean ' :( '

G.ZZZ

Spell Explosion XR
Instant
Counter target instant or Sorcery spell with cmc less or equal to X. Deal X to that spell controller.
When red mages do it, it doesn't fizzle, it
explode

And the alt-cost, Eternal-playable variant:

Spell Burst 3RR
Instant
You may sacrifice all lands you control instead of playing Spell Burst mana cost.
Counter target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less. Deal 3 damage to that spell's controller.
Flames can burn everything, even mana itself.

Et voilà red has now stack manipulation. Fork make no sense in red anyway, it's way more blue in flavor (copying, misdirecting feel more blue, while red destroy, both spells and permanents, and white tax).

For green, disruption in its share of the pie, without touching the stack because green feel the last color that could get the stack interaction:

Winter's Grasp 1G
Enchantment
Whenever Winter's Grasp etb, tap all lands.
Non-basic lands don't untap.
Tap three untapped basic land: destroy Winter's Grasp. Every player may play this ability.

A variant on the Winter orb effect, but green-flavored. Messing with non-basics should be a lot more in green's pie. It doesn't close out a player from the game because of fetches, but still punish those greedy players who fetch only non-basics.

Choking Vines G
Enchantment
Non-basic lands and artifacts etb tapped.
Nature doesn't welcome us

Root Maze, but more green flavored, and more buildable around.

Tranquil scape 1GG
Enchantment
Players can't use activated abilities of non-land permanents.

Green's version of Null rod and Cursed totem. This also feel more green than white because it mess less with the stack (taxing effect) and hit whatever is non-natural (aka activated abilities).

Pale Mist 1G
Enchantment
Whenever a land is tapped for mana, if it's a non-basic land, it tap for 1 instead.

Green's version of Blood moon. Wording may not work not sure. It doesn't remove the ability of the land to use non-mana abilities though. Other things like

Back to Nature 2G
Enchantment
Non-basic lands don't untap

Should totally be green and not fucking blue (back to basics).

As for green-flavored removal spells:

Fiery Growth G
Sorcery
Target creature get +2+2. Then it may fight another target creature you don't control.

Pump AND possible creature removal as one. This is so green as a card you could call it hulk.

Hibernate 1G
Sorcery
Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller next untap step.
Draw a card.
Time to sleep

Basically, green flavored bounce, but doesn't affect static abilities. The flavor is sending a creature to hibernation for a turn.

Green-flavored draw/filtering:

Nature's Retrieval 1G
Sorcery
Put the first 3 cards of your library into your graveyard.
Return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.
Nature don't only recycle the past

A more green flavored-regrowth (only permanents) that however let you choose from the top 3 cards of your graveyard too.

So basically green has artifact-enchantment removal, creature removal based around fight and some subpar direct removal like beast within, mana bases disruption and artifact disruption (root maze and Winter orbs effect variants), plus card draw/filtering/recycle, but the weakness of not being able to interact with the stack and instant/sorceries in general, and with the hand of opponents. The focus on permanents is easily a core point of green, but it hasn't been explored, if at all, recently.
Red on the other hand should get more focus on its mastery of instant sorcery, more ways to interact with them. Red isn't about permanents as green, it's just that they like to destroy everything, spell and permanents aside, even if it has difficulty dealing with the immateriality of enchantments. Red is also not efficient in permanents as green is (creatures mostly).
Black's mostly fine, but could get focus on its "braids" or "smokestack" effects, because i feel those represent the best black destructive aspect. Which is the famine, black death effect.
White is fine but i feel its tax effects should be focused on spells (+x spell cost, limit on how many spells you can cast), creatures (propaganda/humility/moat), but less on artifact-enchantments-lands activated abilities, because it feel hard to put a tax on those. The only "tax" it make sense for those in white is the tabernacle/kataki effect, so tax mana, not the actual artifact/Enchantment. White has direct removal for permanents anyway. Non-basic interactions also make 0 sense for white and it's totally green.

Green's fine flavorfully, WotC is just artistically dry and only print functionally better grizzly bears and shit.

OnPoint

Remember when people thought Young Pyromancer didn't really complete the eternal 2 drop cycle
What I like about the cycle is that they all require other things to be useful. It's an interesting cycle. But it's not complete. Where's the artifact one? Lol

f0rk

What I like about the cycle is that they all require other things to be useful. It's an interesting cycle. But it's not complete. Where's the artifact one? Lol

Phyrexian Revoker maybe?
Dark Confidant is pretty bad right now they should make another black one. It is the oldest.

Spell Explosion XR
Instant
Counter target instant or Sorcery spell with cmc less or equal to X. Deal X to that spell controller.
When red mages do it, it doesn't fizzle, it
explode

And the alt-cost, Eternal-playable variant:

Spell Burst 3RR
Instant
You may sacrifice all lands you control instead of playing Spell Burst mana cost.
Counter target instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost 3 or less. Deal 3 damage to that spell's controller.
Flames can burn everything, even mana itself.

Et voilà red has now stack manipulation. Fork make no sense in red anyway, it's way more blue in flavor (copying, misdirecting feel more blue, while red destroy, both spells and permanents, and white tax).
The main justification for copying being in blue is that blue is good at magic, which Wizards has decided should not be used as a sole justification in a game based around magic. Thus, besides that, blue and red have the same justification for copying and redirecting, in that they are both tricky. Besides, effects like Pyromancer's Ascension and Howl of the Horde feel perfectly red, even if you don't think Fork and Reverberate are.

Anyway, countering in red doesn't really seem like it would fit into any existing playstyles for red, and doesn't really feel right. One problem with your suggestions is that it isn't actually addressing anything that red has a problem with right now. Red has trouble with the long game, enchantments, and large creatures. The discussion about countering in red actually did come up in Blogatog over two years ago, and here's one notable post:
derobim asked: It's not fair of you to lump the "red counterspells" (or any of the red color pie expansions) in with the "I want my favorite color to do everything" suggestions. In fact, I find it patronizing. We've all given reasons, over and over, on why it fits both mechanically (Red is the second "spell color", Counterspells need to bleed into a second color) and philsophically (Red is all about an impulsive "NO!") And the reason was because Red needs more abilities, not because we want everything.

R&D has spent a long time working with color philosophies and connecting them to mechanics. I’m not trying to be condescending. I’m explaining that what many of you are suggesting is not how R&D sees it. I’m simply trying to be honest with all of you.

Please feel free to disagree with R&D but also don’t expect it to change just because you disagree.

If you want to find more ways for red to be impulsive, try to find mechanics that make red want to cast spells the turn they draw them. If you want red to feel more emotional, find spells that have some emotional resonance. I would love nothing more than people on this blog uncovering new space for red.

I’m just telling you it’s not going to be counterspells. (It will get copying and spell redirection which are counter spell-ish.) Counterspells by nature are reactive. Red by nature is proactive. It isn’t a good philosophical fit.

It is also the case that Wizards is reluctant to put counterspells in other colors specifically because so many players hate them. Even though white can technically have counterspells, we only see one or two a block, for instance. Blue gets to keep its counterspells because they're so central to the blue playstyle.
sunzoomtg asked: Counter magic seems to be a persistent problem from a set design standpoint, particularly it being so constrained to blue. Has there been any thought given to spreading counter magic out and making each color have a particular 'type' of counter magic? i.e. Color's being able to counter what their enemy colors are good at, or having counters that are flavorful for their color.

I’ve gotten this question a bit. I don’t understand why people want to take something that a majority of people have checked in the “annoys me if there’s too much of it” box and want to spread it to more colors. Would one of you (or many of you) like to explain?

For green, disruption in its share of the pie, without touching the stack because green feel the last color that could get the stack interaction:

Winter's Grasp 1G
Enchantment
Whenever Winter's Grasp etb, tap all lands.
Non-basic lands don't untap.
Tap three untapped basic land: destroy Winter's Grasp. Every player may play this ability.

A variant on the Winter orb effect, but green-flavored. Messing with non-basics should be a lot more in green's pie. It doesn't close out a player from the game because of fetches, but still punish those greedy players who fetch only non-basics.
The problem with putting this in green is that it's not even an effect they do that often in red, the color that currently has nonbasic land hate, or blue, the color of tapping, outside the context of generally tapping permanents. In general, Wizards is unwilling to punish the use of nonbasic lands nowadays. Even if they did put this effect in green, we wouldn't be seeing it much, and almost surely not at such a level that it would see frequent tournament play.

As for green-flavored removal spells:

Fiery Growth G
Sorcery
Target creature get +2+2. Then it may fight another target creature you don't control.

Pump AND possible creature removal as one. This is so green as a card you could call it hulk.
Savage Punch cost twice as much and the boost was conditional, yet it was still a very useful effect in limited. I think you're underestimating how powerful this effect is.

Hibernate 1G
Sorcery
Tap target creature. It doesn't untap during its controller next untap step.
Draw a card.
Time to sleep

Basically, green flavored bounce, but doesn't affect static abilities. The flavor is sending a creature to hibernation for a turn.
I think the similar "creature can't untap" is already in use, albeit infrequently.
Image.ashx

In any case, what exactly are you trying to give to green with tapping? If green wants to get past a blocker, it attacks, gets big, and gains trample. If green wants to stop an attacker, it can either untap a creature and make it big, flash in a blocker, or use Fog to prevent the damage. If the opponent has particularly problematic blockers, then green can use a Lure effect to make it so only one of its creatures gets blocked, or use a Tornado Elemental effect to make sure its creatures still deal damage.

Green-flavored draw/filtering:

Nature's Retrieval 1G
Sorcery
Put the first 3 cards of your library into your graveyard.
Return target permanent card from your graveyard to your hand.
Nature don't only recycle the past

A more green flavored-regrowth (only permanents) that however let you choose from the top 3 cards of your graveyard too.
This already seems like something Wizards would be quite willing to print, though I think you're underestimating how powerful this effect is. Nature's Spiral is a the same card but without the self-milling, and Gatherer at least considers it to be decently powerful.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
White does occasionally get counterspells in the form of taxing.

f0rk

Arcbound Ravager?

Maybe, it's a bit too much of a synergy card but I guess the same could be said for the others.

Semi related, I cast Spell Snare 3 times against an affinity player, felt good. He didn't win that game. Or the game I made a 9/10 lifelink vigilance Tarmogoyf

Uh, Arcbound Ravager? I figured this one was obvious!

Dark Confidant is pretty bad right now they should make another black one. It is the oldest.

Nobody needs them to be going out there and printing black two-drops that are better than Dark Confidant.

Yeef

Shadowy Adviser 1B
Creature - Human Rogue
Shadowy Adviser enters the battlefield tapped.
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. Each opponent loses life equal to its converted mana cost.
2/1

Shadowy Adviser BB
Creature - Human Rogue
Shadowy Adviser enters the battlefield tapped.
At the beginning of your upkeep, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. Each opponent loses life equal to its converted mana cost.
2/1

Fixed for devotion.

G.ZZZ

Nobody needs them to be going out there and printing black two-drops that are better than Dark Confidant.

Dark confidant isn't even outclassed, it's just that creatures getting better make him worse as a result of removal being a thing. In Vintage he was an house until people started actually playing bolts.

Also when hasn't wizard decided that a mechanic shouldn't be blue because NOT BEING GOOD AT MAGIC IS NOT ENOUGH TO MAKE A CARD BLUE? Are you serious? Blue has got everything from every part of the pie with that very justification and not copying spell isn't more blue than polymorphing, removal, or 3/2 flying for U ? Jesus really what, wizaard is a bunch of compulsive liar scumbags who change their justifications only to benefit their own agenda of nonsense shitty design for colors. Meanwhile Red is actually good at copying spells because impuslive color is good at copying things on the fly but not destroying them (as for spells), jesus wat am i even reading lol

kirblar

Dark confidant isn't even outclassed, it's just that creatures getting better make him worse as a result of removal being a thing. In Vintage he was an house until people started actually playing bolts.
He just doesn't provide enough board presence anymore in Legacy/Modern vs the legions of critter decks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

They aren't going to reprint Dark Confidant outside of a supplemental set, so there's that.

We need a rainbow deck with Snapcaster Mage, Young Pyromancer, Tarmogoyf, Dark Confidant and Stoneforge Mystic. Too bad about that whole Stoneforge Mystic is banned thing.

Maledict

Interesting, I think a whole lot of those cards would fall under the topic Rosewater recently discussed in his podcast. You can use flavour and justification to pretty much make any card in any colour - his example was a green card creating a 1/1 token with deathtouch that fought another creature on summon. All three abilities are major in green, and yet the overall card is utterly not green and you're effectively ignoring the overall colour pie when you do it.

God Enel

i need a legacy deck. I'm thinking about converting my modern U/R delver in a u/w/r legacy deck with stoneforge mystics and so on..

Problem price. especially the tundras/fows.. two weeks ago i traded my only force of will for a foil noble hierarch and stuff.. dunno.

have two volcanic islands and am missing one.

How viable is it to play shocklands instead, not really or? :/

any alternative legacy decks which aren't killing me? berserk infect mb? or any good decks to play with underground sea (as i have some of them)?

haalp

Firemind

Don't know if you like storming, but you can get by with a few underground seas and volcanic islands since that deck plays like twelve lands. Though LED...

There's also Sneak and Show.

I'm going to build the Grixis Pyromancer list that went top 16 at GP NJ myself. No Wastelands required!

f0rk

i need a legacy deck. I'm thinking about converting my modern U/R delver in a u/w/r legacy deck with stoneforge mystics and so on..

Problem price. especially the tundras/fows.. two weeks ago i traded my only force of will for a foil noble hierarch and stuff.. dunno.

have two volcanic islands and am missing one.

How viable is it to play shocklands instead, not really or? :/

any alternative legacy decks which aren't killing me? berserk infect mb? or any good decks to play with underground sea (as i have some of them)?

haalp

I think you can get away with 1 actual duals and a couple of shocks for each required combo.
I wouldn't mind building a legacy deck (probably RUG/BUG Delver, something to use my Goyfs) but in a similar position, need duals, wastelands and FoW

God Enel

To be honest I don't have any goyfs. and FoW's are not that big of a deal like duals. Tropicals/Volcanic islands/Tundras/Goyfs are all above 100€ and that's really much to trade in. And i like my cards in near mint/mint quality, so mostly 140+

OnPoint

Nah. It's not Ravager. It's not just "good 2 drops that use other cards" that make it a cycle.

Stoneforge Mystic: 1/2
Young Pyromancer: 2/1
Dark Confidant: 2/1
Snapcaster Mage: 2/1
Tarmogoyf: */*+1

Ravager's power and toughness are even. Even Revoker is a 2/1, and it DOES require something else to be useful. Honestly, I was kind of joking about there needing to be an artifact version to complete the cycle (sort of like how Wurmcoil is the unofficial 6th titan).

Ultimately, I'm wondering if White Weenie and/or Red/White Tokens is just the best deck in the cube. There are an absurd number of anthems in the cube, and I think that's the deck that's going to have the unbeatable curve.

I'm here to report that I was right - I think that the White Weenie deck in the MTGO cube is by far the best thing you can be doing. This deck just wrecks anything without wraths; I think Randy got a little too carried away with the amount of Anthems that he put in the cube list. I haven't actually drafted it myself, but I've seen it on a few streams and had the (not) pleasure of playing against it myself a couple of times. I managed to beat it once only because my opponent got severely mana screwed; most of the other times I've seen it the deck has smashed face.

In other words - mono-white is the new mono-red. I think it's better for mono-white to be the "fun police" of the cube than mono-red, since mono-red could always just topdeck burn. Here, if you do manage to stabilize, you're probably in better shape than you were against red. It's still just really annoying to play against.

Oh well. Hopefully I actually get to play my rampy/show-and-tell deck in the next round. :p I will be shocked if my R1 opponent doesn't win the whole thing - I'll definitely be watching his matches to get a better idea of how the deck plays.

Karakand

I find it somewhat funny that SCG's own commentators call Legacy the "best" format in Magic and are hot off the heels of a smash hit Legacy Grand Prix. And then there's this thing where maybe they just mostly drop it. And by 'somewhat funny' I mean ' :( '

Can't wait to start playing a shitty semi-eternal format like Modern!

kirblar

If you got to a large modern event, prepare for a shit-ton of Affinity. Everyone who quit in OG Mirrodin block already has a lot of the cards and the rest of the deck (minus Opals) isn't very expensive. 25% of the meta in Richmond.

I've often seen the sentiment that red cards should do more to show red's artistic side, which MaRo has said is difficult in a combat game, but I realized that an effective way to do this would be to just create the creature type "performer" and create new creatures with it that have abilities red would already have, like "target creature can't block" and temporary cloning. As far as I can tell, the only creatures that would have to be updated with this type would be Musician, Elvish Bard, Joraga Bard, and Yisan, the Wanderer Bard, and that's only if you want to include musical performers in this creature type. I searched Gatherer for creatures with the words song, sing, bard, thespian, art, perform, act, music, muse, poet, poem, or speak. It's actually pretty surprising that there straight up haven't been any creature cards depicting actors, actually.

Distracting Audience-Runner - 2R
Creature - Human Performer
Whenever Distracting Audience-Runner attacks, you may pay R. If you do, target creature can't block this turn.
"It was clever the first time he ran into the audience for these lines, but now it's getting really bothersome."
2/2

Hopeful Understudy - 1R
When Hopeful Understudy enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a nonlegendary creature card with converted mana cost 1 or less and exile it. If you do, shuffle your library.
R: Hopeful Understudy becomes a copy of the exiled creature card until end of turn.
"Maybe next time I won't be a wall."
1/1

That does cause issues with Phyrexian Dreadnought, but maybe it will be fine? *shrug*

Master Thespian - 3R
When Master Thespian enters the battlefield, you may search your library for a legendary creature card with converted mana cost 5 or less and exile it. If you do, shuffle your library.
R: Master Thespian becomes a copy of the exiled creature card until end of turn.
"This will be my greatest performance yet."
2/2

EDIT: Wait, come to think of it, a large number of Rakdos cards would be performers, wouldn't they... I guess more creatures would have to be updated than I thought.

f0rk

If you got to a large modern event, prepare for a shit-ton of Affinity. Everyone who quit in OG Mirrodin block already has a lot of the cards and the rest of the deck (minus Opals) isn't very expensive. 25% of the meta in Richmond.

It seems pretty bad right now, the Chalice version seems alright but you get hit by all the same removal as Delver and there are a lot more Spell Snares running around right now.

kirblar

It seems pretty bad right now, the Chalice version seems alright but you get hit by all the same removal as Delver and there are a lot more Spell Snares running around right now.
Definitely don't play it. But don't be soft to it and have a positive matchup against it.

Firemind

I'm here to report that I was right - I think that the White Weenie deck in the MTGO cube is by far the best thing you can be doing. This deck just wrecks anything without wraths; I think Randy got a little too carried away with the amount of Anthems that he put in the cube list. I haven't actually drafted it myself, but I've seen it on a few streams and had the (not) pleasure of playing against it myself a couple of times. I managed to beat it once only because my opponent got severely mana screwed; most of the other times I've seen it the deck has smashed face.

In other words - mono-white is the new mono-red. I think it's better for mono-white to be the "fun police" of the cube than mono-red, since mono-red could always just topdeck burn. Here, if you do manage to stabilize, you're probably in better shape than you were against red. It's still just really annoying to play against.

Oh well. Hopefully I actually get to play my rampy/show-and-tell deck in the next round. :p I will be shocked if my R1 opponent doesn't win the whole thing - I'll definitely be watching his matches to get a better idea of how the deck plays.
White weenie has always been a viable draft strategy in cube if you happen to see white is open. Blade Splicer into Restoration Angel or Spectral Procession into Hero of Bladehold or Ajani Goldmane are some of the best aggressive curves you can have in cube. Then there's Elspeth who is just awesome on her own and enough spot removal to make black jealous.

RIP mono red tho. I've been forcing it twice and eventually the cards just stopped coming. The lack of Ball Lightning and other cards no one wants is really hurting this strategy. I don't even know whether Ember Hauler is in the cube. Before you could have picked cheap creatures and burn and get there because it was incredibly efficient. Now you have Goblin Wardriver, Bushwacker, Bombardment, Dragon Fodder, Krenko's Command that all require a critical mass of cards to overwhelm the opponent, which is much less consistent.

Also, so many decks I face are part blue. I think blue is even more overpowered than before. lol gg randy

White weenie has always been a viable draft strategy in cube if you happen to see white is open. Blade Splicer into Restoration Angel or Spectral Procession into Hero of Bladehold or Ajani Goldmane are some of the best aggressive curves you can have in cube. Then there's Elspeth who is just awesome on her own and enough spot removal to make black jealous.

RIP mono red tho. I've been forcing it twice and eventually the cards just stopped coming. The lack of Ball Lightning and other cards no one wants is really hurting this strategy. I don't even know whether Ember Hauler is in the cube. Before you could have picked cheap creatures and burn and get there because it was incredibly efficient. Now you have Goblin Wardriver, Bushwacker, Bombardment, Dragon Fodder, Krenko's Command that all require a critical mass of cards to overwhelm the opponent, which is much less consistent.

Also, so many decks I face are part blue. I think blue is even more overpowered than before. lol gg randy

Oh definitely white has been a thing, but it seems like it's been made much stronger in this cube. Red is definitely significantly weaker of course. Although, I haven't seen the preponderance of blue you seem to have seen; it doesn't feel any stronger than usual. If anything, green seems much stronger than usual to be honest.

The mono-white player didn't drop a game, BTW. I didn't expect that he would; his deck was insanely good. After getting curb stomped by him, I didn't drop a game from that point on either, so that's another 2-1. This is what I drafted:

sgM0ov5.png

Kitchen Finks came in every match, so it probably should have just been in the main. Freyalise was bad - I thought she would be, but I wanted to play with her just to see. Hornet Queen was an all-star, and Craterhoof continues to be one of the craziest threats in the cube. Terastodon was disappointing, and I wished it was the Kozilek most of the time (although it didn't end up mattering). I ended up choosing not to maindeck any double-blue spells to help the mana, and I'm very glad I did - the mana was great for me the whole time (although I did sometimes wish I had two red to spend in the same turn on Sneak Attack).

Who do you guys think the top three MTG players are right now?

Its gotta be Tom Ross, Owen Turtenwald and Brad Nelson, right?

These guys are always on the top slots doing something crazy.

f0rk

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";140068135]Who do you guys think the top three MTG players are right now?

Its gotta be Tom Ross, Owen Turtenwald and Brad Nelson, right?

These guys are always on the top slots doing something crazy.[/QUOTE]

I think you're putting too much stock behind grinding SCG events

Well, at least the comments seem to be on my side.
sigmasonicx asked: One thing that's been requested a lot is more ways to show red's artistic side, which is difficult in a combat game, but wouldn't one easy way to do this be to create the creature type "artist" or "performer" and give that to new creatures with effects red already has, like "target creature can't block" and temporary cloning? Or would this cause problems with older cards?

"There sending in their army. Quick fetch the artists." : )

Firemind

Blue has a few interesting new toys. Dig Through Time is of course a fantastic new addition. Then there's Stroke of Genius on top of Sphinx's Revelation. I actually could have decked my opponent one time with Stroke if I didn't already do lethal that turn. :lol

Red being weaker has in effect made blue stronger. Some red cards has even made blue strategies possible. Kiki Jiki and Splinter Twin is either a win condition or value town. The red token strategy with Opposition you mentioned before is also pretty good when it comes together. I had that and Jitte once and B/G Rock couldn't do anything. Jitte is as broken as ever. :lol

Angry Grimace

Oh definitely white has been a thing, but it seems like it's been made much stronger in this cube. Red is definitely significantly weaker of course. Although, I haven't seen the preponderance of blue you seem to have seen; it doesn't feel any stronger than usual. If anything, green seems much stronger than usual to be honest.

The mono-white player didn't drop a game, BTW. I didn't expect that he would; his deck was insanely good. After getting curb stomped by him, I didn't drop a game from that point on either, so that's another 2-1. This is what I drafted:

sgM0ov5.png

Kitchen Finks came in every match, so it probably should have just been in the main. Freyalise was bad - I thought she would be, but I wanted to play with her just to see. Hornet Queen was an all-star, and Craterhoof continues to be one of the craziest threats in the cube. Terastodon was disappointing, and I wished it was the Kozilek most of the time (although it didn't end up mattering). I ended up choosing not to maindeck any double-blue spells to help the mana, and I'm very glad I did - the mana was great for me the whole time (although I did sometimes wish I had two red to spend in the same turn on Sneak Attack).
I went mono-white splash red (for direct damage, Ajani Vengeant and Boros Charm) and somehow couldn't get two fucking white sources this one game. It was insane. I had an Entreat and I couldn't cast it for its miracle cost :negative:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom