• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT9| Kaladesh - Cruisin' Down the Street in my 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217119796]My first Kaladesh draft deck:

kjhlkjoyjq0.png
[/QUOTE]
That sealed generator posted above taught me that in this Limited format with all the artifacts running around monocolored decks (or maybe just a small splash) actually might be a thing. Oh, and on average a third of my creatures would get hit by artifact removal. As someone whose first limited experience was a homemade triple DTK draft this all looks very exciting.

Santiako

From blogatog:

maussius asked: May I ask you on... Rush of Vitality? Is indestructible in black now available? It's also a common

We’ve turned Regeneration into “gain indestructible until end of turn”.

Guess that regeneration is gone for good.

Somehow only now realized that they finally made Monkey a distinct creature type from Ape.

EDIT: Well, there it is, regarding regeneration.

Then imagine what they would do with the old characters you love. Do you really want Urza? He'd just become the Zordon of the Power Rangers.

Personally, I'd be interested to see how much worse they could make Urza after how things ended with him originally. It could only be hilarious.

Ashodin

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217135897]my record is now drawing 5 cards off bomat courier against eggs lol

somehow managed to NOT GIVE AN AETHERFUX

ask in the main chat for the xml[/QUOTE]

I got it awww yeah time to brew my RW deck into the new standard!

I'm a Weatherlight gang apologist, but only revisionist history where basically I only care about them defeating Yawgmoth who by all standards had infinite black mana ya'll

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I was just about to ask, that was one grindy af match

That's because you refused to do what I said and stop topdecking answers to all my stuff! I had to laugh a little when I killed off a Familiar with Arlinn into an empty hand and ate a removal spell.

But yeah, I went from 2 to 3 Arlinn because she's pretty good if you can play a R/G deck without having to compromise on card quality. Like if RG itself is good, Arlinn is pretty decent.

That's because you refused to do what I said and stop topdecking answers to all my stuff! I had to laugh a little when I killed off a Familiar with Arlinn into an empty hand and ate a removal spell.

But yeah, I went from 2 to 3 Arlinn because she's pretty good if you can play a R/G deck without having to compromise on card quality.

Oh god the to the slaughter of the top, really cracked me up too, otherwise I would have had to crack the blighted fen.

I exiled 2 chandras with chandra back to back! We never once minus'd her.

Ashodin

holy fucking shit chandra is just as amazing as you think she is

Having her help me cast into Nahiri which then draws me a card that I can cast igkmhomlhmhohm SO GOOD

unf, Nahiri searching out Skysovereign to ETB for 3 damage, then ATTACK for 3 damage + 6, then do it AGAIN next turn? WAT

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The thing people are underestimating about Chandra is how good adding RR as a plus is. It's dumb.

Angry Grimace

Some dude in constructed got to 20 energy in 2 games and never did anything with it.

Never figured out the payoff.

Yeef

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";217130557]I love this deck.

kjhlkj9vjp2.png
[/QUOTE]This is all wrong.

Yellow = loyalty / charge
Green = +1/+1
Red = -1/-1

This cannot stand!

Firemind

People complain about how the Magic story is full of tropey cliche bullshit, but the Invasion block wishes it could be as good as tropey cliche bullshit.
Yeah but Karn is resurrected by Urza's dismembered head which is used to power up a doomsday device to defeat Yawgmoth how cool is that?

Violet_0

Banned
went to my first FNM draft since ... Mirrodin? Anyway, 1-2, 2-1,1-2, could have done better. Lots of games with mana problems, and I didn't really have any bombs to break a stale board state. Meh rares

when you choose to start, but mulligan the first hand, can you still scry? I didn't because I wasn't sure about that

Me and my brother just registered for the upcoming prerelease event next saturday. We're both very excited. I will definitely post some impressions after the event was hold.

Santiako

I got the day off work so I'll be able to prerelease as well. I'm really excited for this set, the commons and uncommons are way more powerful than in recent sets so it should be really fun.

Violet_0

Banned
You can scry after the first mulligan after you keep your hand.
baseline across all formats whether 1v1 or multiplayet you get to scry when you mulligan, keep and have less than 7 cards in hand.
thanks guys, good to know for my next tourney

out of curiousity, how would you build this deck? ( Kaladesh Sealed simulator)
http://www.magicdrafting.com/savedpools/27730
quote for my list
Code:
1 Demon of Dark Shemes
1 Syndicate Trafficer
1 Ambitious Etherborn
2 Dhund Operative
1 Fretwork Colony
1 Lawless Broker
1 Live Fast
1 Night Market Lookout
1 Prakhate Club Securtiy
1 Subtle Strike
1 Tidy Conclusion
1 Nissa, Vital Force
1 Sevant of the Conduit
1 Kujar Seedsculptor
2 Preema Outrider
1 Sage of Shaila's Claim
1 Whily Bandar
1 Fleetwheel Cruiser
1 Demolition Stomper
1 Narnam Cobra
2 Prakhate Pillar-Bug

1 Sequestered Stash
8 Swamps
7 Forests

Black is looking really good for limited, and on another note Metallurgic Summonings is pretty insane

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Even they don't know.

it's frustrating just outside of 'i'm bored of seeing them' because it's such a flavour killer

they spend their time building the flavour and character of the plane and then drop in five identikit characters who then turn the whole thing into 'five friends vs. the assembled hordes'

let the flavour LIVE! stop bringing your neaux1curr mary sues to every plane we visit.

the flavour of dramatic reversal is nearly there. just delete the second sentence; "Nobody asked you to butt in, Jace."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom