• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firemind

Never had an issue with that. It's when it looks plastic like many of the eldrazi that it bothers me.
It looks cool; his other artwork proves he can draw. I just have more respect for traditional artists who need to do the composition right immediately without being able to digitally alter it.

Decided to search for Terese Nielsen angels and came across the blog post about Enter the Infinite.

lmao @ "Mood: Identity dissolved in infinite knowledge."
Should have been Niv-Mizzet instead of Lex Luthor. Wizards pls

Joe Molotov

Nah still Aurelia but I'm biased with my redhead fetish.

Good riddance Razia.

Pixie cut redheads are better.

zWrzeHU.jpg

I mean, zombies are the best tribe. I assume everybody is just glossing over that like when talking abou say, who the best wide receiver to ever play the game was. Angels sure are the best of the big tribes though - and always got way better art to boot.
I thought we were discussing the iconic creatures.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She did a good job with it!
Has Terese done anything in regular sets since Theros block? She's still doing EMA and FTV and such obviously but I don't recall her being in anything after JOU.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Huh. Nobody showed up to FNM. Weird since we have a GP tomorrow in the next town over.

Oh well. Time to hit the bar.

Yeef

Draft a really sweet UB Madness deck tonight. I ended up with 2 Seagraf Skaabs that I just picked to fill my curve, but they sort of ended up being MVPs. Had so many games where I just curved out, turn 1 Skeleton Key, Turn 2 Skaab, Turn 3 start the engine. As far as madness goes, I had 3 Just the Winds, 2 Twins and 1 Welcome to the Fold. I also had Stitchwing Skaab and some other cards that are active in the graveyard. Didn't drop any games.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204246028]I thought we were discussing the iconic creatures.[/QUOTE]As did I. If we're just talking any tribe, I've always been partial to humans. Vampires and Soldiers are a close second.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204246028]I thought we were discussing the iconic creatures.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was it, but then there was licids and such. Of the iconixs I probably love Angels the most, because they usually fit well with White's Weenies on a Curve. Dragons are pretty sweet though.

On the topic of types, I love Knights, Soldiers, and Clerics. If they ever unban SFM, I'm totally going to jam Soldiers and Knights in Modern with all the equipment perks.

On the topic of types, I love Knights, Soldiers, and Clerics. If they ever unban SFM, I'm totally going to jam Soldiers and Knights in Modern with all the equipment perks.

Knights are sweet, especially ones with Flanking :)

I'm super partial to the Mercenary type. I took apart my only EDH deck and am slowwwly building some mess of a deck around Mercs. I also like Cats, Hounds and Birds, lol. Bird have some pretty rad cards, too. I like that it's A Thing in Magic.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204246028]I thought we were discussing the iconic creatures.[/QUOTE]

Ya me too, that's why I edited to say big tribes. Of which angels are clearly numero uno. Dragons are second, if only because sphinxes and hydras are dull, dull, dull. Demons are alright, I guess.

Knights do not get enough love when talking small.

Ashodin

HUGE turnout at our FNM for GP Charlotte this weekend

I played in a 4 man pod out of 3 pods Commander

THE DREAM WAS LIVED

107.jpg
(commander) +
222.jpg

yesssssssssssss

bigkrev

I'm shocked SCG isn't running a stream of their GP today, but the GPLA one CFB is running is really good. Higher production values than a WOTC streamed GP

ironmang

I'm shocked SCG isn't running a stream of their GP today, but the GPLA one CFB is running is really good. Higher production values than a WOTC streamed GP

Ya I just don't understand it either. I'd think this would bring in at least the same amount of viewers as the normal opens they run even with 2 GPs this weekend. Just disappointing all around.

WotC wouldn't pay them to do it.

What's the difference between this and an open though?

edit: apparently they fucked up pairings at GP Charlotte too.

‏@JeffHoogland
The 30+ minute wait between rounds only to have round four not be paired based on record. Not even remotely OK #GPCharlotte

Ya I just don't understand it either. I'd think this would bring in at least the same amount of viewers as the normal opens they run even with 2 GPs this weekend. Just disappointing all around.

What's the difference between this and an open though?

edit: apparently they fucked up pairings at GP Charlotte too.

A GP has none of their SCG Tour branding and they are probably restricted in what advertising they can do on stream. I'd have to check past SCG GP coverage. But mostly it'd just be SCG footing the whole bill for coverage with no benefit to them and all benefit to WotCaHS. Probably 50/50 financial/spite against WotCaHS.

Meanwhile, someone needs to stop tripping on the cords at GP LA.

ironmang

GP charlotte seems like a disaster

They all have all kinds of problems. I don't think TOs have made the adjustment to 2k+ GPs that are the norm now the past couple years. GP NY had like 2 tiny bathrooms for the whole venue and had to bring porta pottys behind the convention (conveniently past the area where 50+ people were constantly smoking). GP Pittsburgh last year had to cancel almost all side events last minute on Saturday due to capped space then ran 40+ minutes over time almost every round.

A GP has none of their SCG Tour branding and they are probably restricted in what advertising they can do on stream. I'd have to check past SCG GP coverage. But mostly it'd just be SCG footing the whole bill for coverage with no benefit to them and all benefit to WotCaHS. Probably 50/50 financial/spite against WotCaHS.

Meanwhile, someone needs to stop tripping on the cords at GP LA.

The way they advertised it though constantly during other streams makes it a huge disappointment when they don't stream this one. People think "great, I'll tune in to SCG for this GP they've been talking about for months" and see nothing. Blame definitely goes to both wotc and scg imo.

bigkrev

HOLY SHIT

Topdeck of a Mine to complete a Tron, cast and crack Mindslaver, other player has a LOTV ready to ultimate, he looses his ENTIRE board to the ultimate

bigkrev

So apparently, they are doing RANDOM PAIRINGS the rest of the day at the Charlotte GP
I kind wish I was there?

SzCRVT4.png

Oh nevermind

Santiako

What a clusterfuck

Grand Prix Charlotte attendees,
Due to an unexpected and unfixable issue with WOTC’s Grand Prix Tournament Management software, we are unable to pair the rest of Day One’s rounds swiss-style. After consulting with Wizards of the Coast on how to best address this issue, we will be proceeding by pairing the rest of Day One’s rounds randomly. Those who finish with a record of 6-3 or better will advance to Day Two. Those players will retain their match points, but their tiebreakers will be reset.
https://twitter.com/HeleneBergeot/status/734111637846642688
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/734116464798666755
Because of this, we have offered main event participants the option to drop before Round 5 (which will begin at 5pm) & play in ALL Challenge side events for FREE the rest of the weekend. In addition, four additional Challenge events have been added to today’s schedule:
6pm Standard Challenge
6pm Legacy Challenge
6:30pm Shadows Over Limited Sealed Challenge
7pm Modern Challenge
If you wish to drop from the main event & play in ALL Challenge side events for FREE the rest of the weekend, please report to the main event stage beneath the Jace banner and our staff will take care of you.
On behalf of StarCityGames.com and Wizards of the Coast, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused by this Grand Prix Tournament Management software issue.
Pete Hoefling
President, StarCityGames.com Wizards of the Coast Premier Tournament Organizer, Grand Prix Charlotte

Daedardus

I understand that you rather don't want to do it, but can't they enforce a strict cap if it otherwise becomes an organisational nightmare? Better to have a well functioning tournament for fewer players than a clusterfuck for everyone. Not to mention all the logistics and people safety issues when facing such large groups.

bigkrev

I understand that you rather don't want to do it, but can't they enforce a strict cap if it otherwise becomes an organisational nightmare? Better to have a well functioning tournament for fewer players than a clusterfuck for everyone. Not to mention all the logistics and people safety issues when facing such large groups.

Most GPs are capped these days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom