• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

Seems reasonable for blue

CjFUwqcUYAAMWD4.jpg
Literally unplayable without a Quicken effect.

Daedardus

9 year old kid playing magic on CFB stream better than I ever could

So apparantly this kid was 13 years old and made the top 8? And the 9 year old was someone else who didn't made day 2?

LOL

Running a poll "Is the guy on Lava Spike casting a spell or getting spiked?", and then bringing Mark Tedin in to answer the question

This whole GP broadcast has been the best non-PT magic broadcast I can remember- 2 distinct commentary teams (LSV and Gabby and Mashall and Huey) that each have a high level pro to provide color, constant recording of matches so they can show multiple full matches each round, prepared short time fillers like Keep or Mull and these Fact or Fiction polls, images of each deck they show on stream, and almost no dead air. This is what everyone should strive for.

Have to agree the broadcast is pretty good, some small mistakes here and there, but there's always stuff to see and some good discussions in there, the filler isn't filler at all.

ironmang

Damn, so many punts on both sides in this affinity eldrazi match. Of course, the 13 year old kid gets a pass but platinum(?) pro should probably be playing better.

Have to agree the broadcast is pretty good, some small mistakes here and there, but there's always stuff to see and some good discussions in there, the filler isn't filler at all.

Plus the timeshifted matches aren't the fastforwarded versions I believe other GPs have shown before. It's basically constant matches with some pretty decent in depth conversation in between. SCG might have the best commentary combo with Phillips and Sullivan but the rest of the stream is a huge downgrade from this.

y2dvd

That Merfolk comeback was pretty sweet. That Ethan kid is hella talented. Did a draft today and played against a kid who is probably the same age and he drafted a sick RG werewolf deck. I don't think I was that talented in anything back then lol.

OnPoint

At 13? I was playing some janky Spirit of the Night shit I'm 100% sure. That kid's got a lot better grasp on the game than I did at 13. Hell, maybe a better grasp than I do now haha

For Eternal Masters, I'm creating another "table of contents" for card spoilers using this post. There's less effort put in this than the OP. There will be a link to it in the OP. I'll also go through this thread and skim for non-card highlights to include here.

en_YE2mvkO5SG.png

Announcement
Release Date: June 10, 2016
Number of Cards: 249
MSRP: $9.99 per booster pack

Draft Through Eternity

Take a step outside time with Eternal Masters. This exciting set lets you draw on some of the most sought-after cards from throughout the history of Magic—some with new artwork—to enhance your Cube or your favorite Commander, Vintage, and Legacy decks.

Eternal Masters is designed to be a unique and enjoyable Draft experience, much like Modern Masters. It will not contain cards from the Reserved List, but it will feature many exciting Eternal staples, including:
en_eu6h6a9zJX.png
en_f9e7rFQpkc.png

BETWEEN-SET HIGHLIGHTS
Booster Battle Packs announced
Shadows over Innistrad pre-prerelease stream
Start of prerelease discussion
Banned & Restricted List update
Star City Games Standard Open April 9
New Wizards of the Coast president, Chris Cocks
Star City Games Invitational April 15
Historical document - Richard Garfield's note about making Magic sets
Judge class action lawsuit against Wizards of the Coast
Pro Tour Shadows over Innistrad
Changes to pro player payouts
Enter the Battlefield documentary released
Wizards walks back pro player payout changes
Plane Shift: Zendikar (DnD supplement)
Star City Games Modern Open April 30 and Game Day
Star City Games Modern Open May 14
Announcement Day - Kaladesh block, Commander 2016, etc.
Grand Prix Charlotte and LA May 21

SPOILER HIGHLIGHTS
Monday
Daze
Chrome Mox
Necropotence, Deathrite Shaman, Bloodbraid Elf, Sneak Attack
Goblin Charbelcher
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Nimble Mongoose
Gamble
Toxic Deluge
Sylvan Library
Mana Crypt
Maze of Ith
Enlightened Tutor
Vampiric Tutor, Worldgorger Dragon, Diminishing Returns

Tuesday
Control Magic
Entomb
Balance
Sensei's Divining Top
Shaman of the Pack
Wirewood Symbiote
Dack Fayden
Karakas
Werebear
Mishra's Factory
Timberwatch Elf
Animate Dead
Dualcaster Mage, Giant Tortoise
Baleful Strix, Regal Force
Gaea's Blessing
Ichorid
Cabal Therapy, Counterspell
Nevinyrral's Disk
Unexpectedly Absent

Wednesday
Rorix Bladewing
Maelstrom Wanderer, Prodigal Sorcerer
Hymn to Tourach
Shardless Agent
Vindicate
Chain Lightning
Ashnod's Altar
Mystical Tutor
Wrath of God
Void
Squadron Hawk
Wee Dragonauts, Call the Skybreaker
Hydroblast, Pyroblast
Natural Order
Giant Solifuge
Nausea

Thursday
Green Sun's Zenith, Burning Vengeance, Quiet Speculation, Oona's Grace
Goblin Trenches
Sinkhole
Isochron Scepter, Brainstorm
Argothian Enchantress, Mesa Enchantress, Price of Progress
Karmic Guide
Firebolt, Ancestral Mask
Innocent Blood
Emperor Crocodile
Man-o'-War
Sulfuric Vortex
Winter Orb
Wildfire Emissary
Mother of Runes
Swords to Plowshares, Sengir Autocrat
Brago, King Eternal
Heritage Druid

Friday
Full spoiler

BETWEEN-SET HIGHLIGHTS
First Eldritch Moon spoiler - Emrakul, the Promised End
Ulrich of the Krallenhorde
Coax from the Blind Eternities
Hanweir, the Writhing Township
Thalia, Heretical Cathar
Supplanter of Identity

aoTiakH5Vx.png

Crocodile

I was only able to catch the finals of that GP but that was some sick, tight, tense games <3

As for Eternal Masters, I hope the commons and uncommons are on point. That was the big reason why MM1 was such value and MM2 was an even bigger lottery than normal for a Magic set.

Yeef

We'll probably see Innocent Blood and Nimble Mongoose printed. They're both ripe for reprints, see a decent amount of play and relatively inexpensive already.

[/unambitiousreprintguesses]

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
...I don't think there should be an OT topic for EMA. Nobody but hardcore players can get it anyways and it's literally the worst set ever to try and get newbies to play on.

G.ZZZ

Why does this have the artwork of a remove soul or thoughtseize?

Daze that ain't. TErrible. Still, amazing reprint for MTGO, finally affordable dazes.

Matriox

Mythic Chrome Mox

A card that is banned in modern and inferior in other eternal formats.

I... don't know what to say.

Yeh I was very Meh'd after actually reading it wasn't mox diamond (I realize it's restricted, but that's mostly why I was excited). Edh is the closest thing to an Eternal format I play and I cant say I'm thrilled about it at Mythic.

OnPoint

Wow. Chrome Mox is a bit of a letdown. But what can you do with the reserved list and the idea that Opal is probably tied to Modern Masters.

OnPoint

Emrakul?

mashugasnewblog asked:
Has the search for the Eldritch moon set symbol yielded any results? Why did it run away?

Maro replied:
Last we knew it was in its cage and then one day - gone. We have some leads though. : )

It's Emrakul.

bigkrev

I like that Daze is an uncommon (it means you might actually get to hit with it in limited), but that art.... I have to believe that was commissioned for another card, they changed the set at the last minute, and used it on Daze instead.

ultron87

The art is just showing what it feels like to get got by Daze.

Glad we get more opportunities for the joy of Dazing someone followed by them playing a land, embarrassed.

Is Daze even good in Limited? I don't even know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom