• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, has it gotten to this level?
tumblr_static_5jazpi1460gs0k4o8gogcoocg_640_v2.jpg

Daedardus

I like the CFB stream though. The commentary is really great, as an intermediate player, I learn a lot from LSV as opposed to the normal Wizards commentary where the commentator doesn't even know the cards being played.

Most GPs are capped these days

But maybe they put the cap higher than they could actually handle? Or it's maybe just the software fucking up randomly, maybe has nothing to do with the amount of players.

Joe Molotov

I like the CFB stream though. The commentary is really great, as an intermediate player, I learn a lot from LSV as opposed to the normal Wizards commentary where the commentator doesn't even know the cards being played.

I did laff a little bit though when Gaby was like "She fetches a forest" after a Plains was clearly put into play, or when she and Luis were like "We can confirm now that the Phyrexian Revoker did target Bird of Paradise" right as a judge was laying down a marker that said "Viscera Seer".

Santiako

Dark Dwellers flashing back Boom/Bust on camera, the stream is being so great.

EDIT: And he lost even after boombusting all the lands.

Ashodin

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...ing-gp-charlotte-tournament-issues-2016-05-21

Beginning at the start of Round 4 of Grand Prix Charlotte, a data corruption issue occurred with Wizards Large Event Tournament Reporter, the tournament software used to run our Grand Prix. As a result, players were paired randomly rather than according to their Swiss records thus far in the tournament.

Star City Games worked with us to attempt to find a fix to the solution, but no workable solution was found until after Round 4. While working on this fix, Star City Games held the tournament for close to three hours at our request, in an attempt to get the Grand Prix back on track. While this allowed us to avoid needing to randomly pair all rounds for the remainder of Day 1, it caused a very large tournament delay, which placed an undue burden on the players and Star City Games.

Wizards of the Coast apologizes to all affected. We would like to thank both Grand Prix Charlotte players and Star City Games staff for their patience and understanding as we worked with them to resolve the issue. We are working with Star City Games to help cover the costs of the free 3-Day Infinite Challenge badges that were offered to all players who dropped from the Main Event today.

bigkrev

LSV "I wonder if he intentionally drew early in the day in the hopes that he would end up playing control decks the rest of the afternoon"
I have no idea how that deck beats Infect but man that looks fun

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
LSV "I wonder if he intentionally drew early in the day in the hopes that he would end up playing control decks the rest of the afternoon"
I have no idea how that deck beats Infect but man that looks fun

Trap+Extirpating out the money spells.

Also looking at the list it looks like they have 3 Bridges maindeck, so if you drop one of those they have to kill you with Hierarch beats.

That Community room on fire .gif seems appropriate for what the new WotC CEO is walking into.

The hope has to be that appointing a new CEO means Hasbro is willing to see some things change, because someone competent with Cocks' background is going to look at this and almost immediately peg "fire the technical staff and hire new people at market rates" as the correct response to these issues. I think literally everything outside the technical team is functional (R&D, creative, marketing) or fixable (judging, OP) but every technical team just needs to be gutted.

Isn't it well known that Wizards Event Reporter is a huge piece of shit software?

This is a new, different huge piece of shit software!

BTW, on the subject of digital stuff, I just noticed that Dan Emmons, previously considered one of the best up-and-coming designers at WotC, is now working on Hearthstone. He quit WotC a couple years ago and cited bad digital/social policy (e.g. not being allowed to stream games while an employee) as one of the big factors.

Man the jund player made me cring in round 8 yesterday. Why didn't he take the trade with the viscera seer and bob, why did he play goyf over scooze, he really was just asking for it.

Daedardus

I only saw until round 5 since it was getting late for me, but the Blue Moon decks sure did disappoint. I don't know if they are not viable anymore or if the brew they set up was just bad. Does anyone know how the Jeskai Harbinger/Control brews performed?

Firemind

Holy crap! Niels Noorlander is the MTGO 2015 Champion! What a result!

You know, I've been playing MTGO for a few years now and I still don't know how the seasons work. Maybe I should look into that. :lol

An-Det

BTW, on the subject of digital stuff, I just noticed that Dan Emmons, previously considered one of the best up-and-coming designers at WotC, is now working on Hearthstone. He quit WotC a couple years ago and cited bad digital/social policy (e.g. not being allowed to stream games while an employee) as one of the big factors.

Oh man, good for him. I remember when he left WOTC and started doing his own thing, but I hadn't realized he moved over to Hearthstone. It's still funny to me to see him doing this given that we graduated from college together with him in electrical engineering.

Dws8J1D.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Yeah we know our software is shit, but at least we tweeted about it. Sorry guys!

Santiako

Just watched UB Mill matchup, the deck looks legit fun, but I have no idea how it ever wins against burn, affinity, infect or anything fast.

Daedardus

Just watched UB Mill matchup, the deck looks legit fun, but I have no idea how it ever wins against burn, affinity, infect or anything fast.

I don't know, it seemed pretty fast. It has ensnaring bridges for the decks that primarily deal combat damage. I don't think it went 8-0-1 without ever playing burn, affinity or infect.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Holy crap! Niels Noorlander is the MTGO 2015 Champion! What a result!

You know, I've been playing MTGO for a few years now and I still don't know how the seasons work. Maybe I should look into that. :lol

Remember when I drafted that 5C Slivers deck? My opponent was that guy. He randomly mentioned his MOCS win during the conversation about my "awesome" deck.

bigkrev

This Merfolk deck full of double blue spells across multiple creature types is playing way too many colorless lands
Whoops lol he just won

Firemind

Remember when I drafted that 5C Slivers deck? My opponent was that guy. He randomly mentioned his MOCS win during the conversation about my "awesome" deck.
Yeah he was always a bit stuck up. I always beat him with my Grixis tier 2 decks. My friend sometimes uses my other friend's account who has won a national championship and uses this fact to rile other people up when they complain about his luck. Sometimes it's fun to troll people. :lol

bigkrev

LOL

Running a poll "Is the guy on Lava Spike casting a spell or getting spiked?", and then bringing Mark Tedin in to answer the question

This whole GP broadcast has been the best non-PT magic broadcast I can remember- 2 distinct commentary teams (LSV and Gabby and Mashall and Huey) that each have a high level pro to provide color, constant recording of matches so they can show multiple full matches each round, prepared short time fillers like Keep or Mull and these Fact or Fiction polls, images of each deck they show on stream, and almost no dead air. This is what everyone should strive for.

This whole GP broadcast has been the best non-PT magic broadcast I can remember- 2 distinct commentary teams (LSV and Gabby and Mashall and Huey) that each have a high level pro to provide color, constant recording of matches so they can show multiple full matches each round, prepared short time fillers like Keep or Mull and these Fact or Fiction polls, images of each deck they show on stream, and almost no dead air. This is what everyone should strive for.

Agreed the absence of dead air is astonishing. Even SCG has long stretches of rebroadcasts. Gaby is great in commentary as well even though she says dumb stuff at times. I'd argue it's better than the PTs I watched so far. The viewership also seems to back it up 16k.

It also comes into play untapped and dodges Choke. So that's cool.

Modern could do w/o choke. Blood Moon is needed imo but choke just one sidedly hoses a single colour.

LOL

Running a poll "Is the guy on Lava Spike casting a spell or getting spiked?", and then bringing Mark Tedin in to answer the question

I remember being really surprised when I took a close look at the Lava Spike card art and realized that the attack was coming from a small thing in the background, not the man.
121.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom