• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I guess its funny but why did this dude make me play this out

BNxn09W.png

G.ZZZ

Strix at rare, really? Well it's 8 dollars now so i guess it's not the worst.

Regal force seems a bulk rare for elves. At least they could've reprinted craterhoof for the draft.

Still waiting religiously on Port and possibly Recruiter.

Yeef

It was rare in Vintage Masters. It seemed fairly obvious that when it made it to a booster product, it'd be rare.

bigkrev

Strix at rare, really? Well it's 8 dollars now so i guess it's not the worst.

Regal force seems a bulk rare for elves. At least they could've reprinted craterhoof for the draft.

Still waiting religiously on Port and possibly Recruiter.

Regal Force is a $15 solar card right now

G.ZZZ

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";204567219]Regal Force is played in Legacy Elfball[/QUOTE]

No? Like you COULD play it, but i have played like 100 games against elves in my life and i haven't seen a regal force in years. Even NO Progenitus seems to be considerably more common and that's a rare build.

*WOTC hates Red*

*Red has been a constructed fixture for years up until this standard season and some of the most played cards in Modern & Legacy are Red*

These statements can't both be true.

Well, right, because the framing of WotC "hating" something is silly and unfounded. The right claim to put in the first slot would be "R&D have a fundamentally bad concept of red's color pie, based on non-factual ideas of how things work, and as a result good red cards are almost always boring burn or braindead aggro creatures," which I think is entirely justifiable.

Strix at rare, really?

This card would be such a limited nightmare at uncommon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The best part about not being delusional about my ability at MTGO is the choice to simply not play people who try to play Lantern.

muahaha suckers

I think Goblin Dark-Dwellers and Kozilek's Return are two good ways to expand red's Constructed-playable rares, along with Chandra's card drawing.

Some other ideas include:
* Expanding red's temporary control, temporary drawing, temporary reanimation, temporary cloning, and mana production.
* Bringing back the old "if your life would become less than 1, it becomes 1 instead" effect to red, but given more of a phoenix flavor, and maybe changed to, "if you would lose the game this turn or an opponent would win the game this turn, instead your life total becomes 1, then shuffle all cards from your hand and graveyard into your library, and you lose all counters."
* Transforming spells the way blue can transform creatures. Like:
Bolt Shift - R
Instant
Change the text of target instant or sorcery spell to "This spell deals 3 damage to target creature or player." That spell's controller chooses new targets for it.

Also, we've had two blocks in a row with red having instant speed temporary control (at uncommon), with Turn Against and Malevolent Whispers, and I really like it. MaRo has said that this is out of red's color pie and it belongs to blue, which makes no sense to me.

El Topo

Bolt Shift would be unbelievably broken. I like the concept, but it feels weird as red and is probably either way too bad or way too good.

kirblar

Also, we've had two blocks in a row with red having instant speed temporary control (at uncommon), with Turn Against and Malevolent Whispers, and I really like it. MaRo has said that this is out of red's color pie and it belongs to blue, which makes no sense to me.
What the F. So dumb. That's like 15+ year old color pie.

edit: Also, GRAB THE REINS IS IN MIRRODIN.

Hero

I think current standard does a great job of showing how modern red design is shit since if it doesn't have good burn then all it offers is gold cards.

bigkrev

Red as a singular color actually has 2 powerful mythics in standard right now- Chandra Flamecaller and Goggles.

Niether of them fit in traditional red decks though.

MaRo on red instant stealing, though these are from 2013. I don't think he's said anything about it since.

One
Two
vindae asked: Could Red get an Act of Treason type card at Instant speed to steal blockers and defend themselves?

Red’s not supposed to be a very defensive color. In fact, of the five colors, it’s dead last on defensiveness.

==

directtodvdsequel asked: Will red see more threaten effects in instant? I like how it represents its sneaky aspect, perhaps it should be RU or RB I have so many ideas!

The reason we do them as sorceries and not instants is we want you to use them for offense and not defense.

* Expanding red's temporary control, temporary drawing, temporary reanimation, temporary cloning, and mana production.

They really need to make temporary reanimation happen. That's the most obvious place to apply the temporary thing that isn't really done yet.

MaRo on red instant stealing, though these are from 2013. I don't think he's said anything about it since.

That doesn't say that it's blue, just that they don't always like to do them (which is fair, since they're super good.)

Hero

They really need to make temporary reanimation happen. That's the most obvious place to apply the temporary thing that isn't really done yet.

That doesn't say that it's blue, just that they don't always like to do them (which is fair, since they're super good.)

Image.ashx

From way back in the day. Could probably be a Rakdos card.

I lost my mind today. I played a match where my opponent curved out with Duress > Transgress > Mind Rot > Thought-Knot Seer > Thought-Knot Seer all three matches. And I had to mulligan the last two rounds. And the only reason I queued up was because I was on a long string of infuriating losses and wanted to end with a win. I almost sold my collection on the spot.

Yeef

Image.ashx

This is a lot more recent.

70.jpg

Temporary reanimation doesn't sit well as a mono-red ability to me. At least, not in spell form. If it's on the creature, like Unearth, I think it's fine.

Image.ashx

Sorry, I meant specifically in red. Black doesn't really need it.

Randy Buehler mentioned WoTC made royalty contracts with artists during the early days that are still valid? Funny if true.

That's why you almost never see cards reprinted with pre-Urza's art unless it's a really low-run thing like a Judge promo, it costs them a ton of money.

Angry Grimace

lol Randy's trying to tell the VSL what a preview card is, but he keeps crashing the stream.

Angry Grimace

I'm sure you were all chomping at the bit for the chance to play Nevinyrral's Disk.

Love me some Disk. My dream as a kid was to bang Britney Spears, but after that it was to activate Disk and then play Desolation Angel. I had a janky deck designed around this and I'm pretty sure I never actually pulled it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom