• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

red13th

With the Nielsen art, I love everything about this set.
With Natural Order all I really need now is Armageddon/Ravages of War and Smokestack, and maybe Opposition.
Some other cards would be nice but I'm more than satisfied with what we're already getting. Plus there's still Conspiracy 2, considering the first one had gems like Pernicious Deed and Mirari's Wake I bet they could put great staples there, like Upheaval.

Huh, that would not have made my guess list for mythic.

lol it was my only sure bet.

Okay, so some up-to-date mythic math: as of today, with 13 mythics spoiled, the average value of each is $50; the minimum (if both remaining mythics are bulk) is $43. There's currently two pure bulk mythics (Balance and Worldgorger Dragon) and two low-end ones (Necropotence and Chrome Mox); all the others are $25+.

lol it was my only sure bet.

For mythic? It's a $30 card and it's not iconic on the level of something like FoW, I guess I figured it was going to be a rare.

btw Armageddon still fits the crunch at 1/249 :eek: :eek:

wtf how is armageddon a $70 card now

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
are you getting a box too WW?

I ordered two when it was announced. I've saved my self-government allowance for a while. Hoping the store doesn't screw me, but yeah that is the plan. These Masters sets are my shit and this one looks like the best of the bunch by a wide margin.

red13th

Apparently the crunch says there's still 1 White mythic and 1 Green mythic, so no Jitte.
And only one slot for Swords to Plowshares or Stoneforge Mystic. I guess if they don't add any other equipment (fits the nostalgic feel, I suppose!) SFM and Jitte don't make much sense.

Apparently the crunch says there's still 1 White mythic and 1 Green mythic, so no Jitte.
And only one slot for Swords to Plowshares or Stoneforge Mystic. I guess if they don't add any other equipment (fits the nostalgic feel, I suppose!) SFM and Jitte don't make much sense.

Obviously SFM is being saved for Modern Masters 3 after it's unbanned >_>

Well Swords is probably gonna be back again in Conspiracy 2, so maybe they don't need it in EMA. Stoneforge is so central to Legacy that I'd be shocked if they didn't reprint it here. It's not like its super expensive or anything, either.

Ashodin

It's Swords. It's too iconic and old school.

red13th

Plus Karakas is sort of a white Mythic IMO too.

I'd love a Jitte reprint since it's my favourite card ever, maybe with the promo artwork!

nausea.jpg

B+ flavor text

ultron87

Jitte just makes soooo much sense. Big legacy card, it's unreprintable in Standard, and you're not gonna put a card that busted for Limited in Conspiracy.

Ashodin

SMH, green sun zenith

Green-Sun%E2%80%99s-Zenith_EN_HRR.jpg

Burning-Vengeance_EN_HRR.jpg

Quiet-Speculation_EN_HRR.jpg

Oona%E2%80%99s-Grace_EN_HRR.jpg

Also, talk how the secret long awaited mechanic in Kaladesh is Basic supertype being applied to creatures. Basically, allowing more than four of a creature like Shadowborn Apostle.

El Topo

I had a friend who had a deck that was 4x Prodigal Sorcerer and then nothing but permission, bounce, card draw and islands. It was like an 80 card deck, he literally put every counterspell he could find in it. I don't talk to him anymore.

I know such a guy as well. My brother. I played Green (and/or Red), he played Blue (and/or Black). Ha. Haha. First Turn Dark Ritual into Hypnotic Specter. Haha.

Prodigal sorcerer is an absolutely classic card that reminds old players of the old days. It feels like a card that defines magic as much as Lightning Bolt or Counterspell, though perhaps not as important as those cards.

ultron87

Basic creatures would be such a boring thing to have as a big thing for a set. It does nothing in limited and probably nothing in constructed unless the creature is real good in which case that'd be terrible!

If they do that on Kaladesh and NOT on Muraganda I will flip my shit

They're not doing it anywhere.

Maro: "This set will do something absolutely new that I've been trying to do for decades and that will make everyone so happy when they see it."

Some fool on reddit: "Obviously he means something that's already been done on several cards that nobody cares about much, probably???"

Santiako

I wish they would do the full spoiler dump today, as tomorrow I'll be off for GP Manchester and I'll have to watch them on my phone.

MoxManiac

Do the number crunches allow for Regrowth and Demonic Tutor? Both are super iconic (and Balance is already in so they are willing to do cards banned in legacy)

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Do the number crunches allow for Regrowth and Demonic Tutor? Both are super iconic (and Balance is already in so they are willing to do cards banned in legacy)

Vampiric Tutor being in the set probably means Demonic Tutor is not.

I would love to see Cabal Coffers somewhere. The dream is at Uncommon, but Rare is probably where it would go. I've always wanted to play with this card and slowly watched it rise without jumping on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom