• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashodin

Didn't they give recent reprints of Invitational cards new art because they originally depicted the winners?

I think going forward if anything gets reprinted using old art of players it will get new art.

STP confirmed

It's Swords. It's too iconic and old school.

I win

em6HnRO.png

Also Sengir Autocrat lol

8KNABZU.png
suvAa78.png

red13th

16 tokens and that's the first token generator they revealed.
Could they finally downgrade Call of the Herd to uncommon?

Also, SFM is out! I think Jitte is out too then.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm guessing Stoneforge Mystic wasn't included because they aren't planning to put any equipment in the set.

Also, its the promo for GPs so there's quite a few of them floating around.

Probably not in, since Dualcaster Mage is there.

or it's in and it has new art lol

Snapcaster Mage isn't in because its going to be in MM2017, just like Liliana and Tarmogoyf. They're trying to preserve some reprint equity here for that set. I'm sure Snapcaster isn't gonna be Thiago again, it will probably have the GP art by that point, I imagine.

Santiako

16 tokens and that's the first token generator they revealed.
Could they finally downgrade Call of the Herd to uncommon?

Also, SFM is out! I think Jitte is out too then.

I think Roar of the Wurm is a given, since we already have Quiet Speculation and they were always used together way back when.

Brago image
bragokingeternal.jpg

i'll say it again

wtf is canadian highlander

1v1 format with 100 card singleton decks, but no commander and no color restrictions.
You are encouraged to use powerful cards like Moxes and such, but each of those cards takes up a certain number of points specified on their website, and you only have some number of points.

fuck my life. the last pptq I entered wasn't entered with my right DCI number, but even if it was I'm still short.

I did the math, the last PPTQ only gets me to 482/500 points :-(

What a blowout. 2 match wins short.

One last prediction for Eternal Masters: there will be a card with banding, with the full reminder text.

I counter-predict Flanking on a card. There's no way Banding makes an appearcance, even though it would be hilarious, lol... I think Phasing is more likely, even; something like dream fighter.

EDIT: Standard-related question. What's the most reliable way to dump your library into your graveyard quickly? Or maybe more broadly, what colours are best suited to it right now? Blue? Green? I looking at Black, it doesn't seem very good. Forgotten Creation (Blue) seems kinda neat, but pricey at 4CMC.

An-Det

I love the mini theme with the Onslaught legend cycle in the set.

Also fuck yes Quiet Speculation/Roar of the Wurm is back!

traveler

Not Wario
I mean, Karakas was the single piece of DnT I most wanted reprinted, so in that sense I'm happy, but man, nothing else made it in? No SFM, Vial, Jitte, Batterskull, Port, SoIaF, or even Thalia? Hell they even put in Glimmerpoint Stag instead of Flickerwisp, even if wisp isn't hard to come by.

Guess I should buy ports now before they spike.

ironmang

I mean, Karakas was the single piece of DnT I most wanted reprinted, so in that sense I'm happy, but man, nothing else made it in? No SFM, Vial, Jitte, Batterskull, Port, SoIaF, or even Thalia? Hell they even put in Glimmerpoint Stag instead of Flickerwisp, even if wisp isn't hard to come by.

Guess I should buy ports now before they spike.

They were like ~120 not too long ago and steadily dropped since everybody assumed a reprint was a given. Especially with wotc trying to push magic online as the future of eternal formats and Port being the most expensive card online. So yeah, I'd say if you intend on playing the deck you should probably get them. Unless there's a curveball coming they certainly won't be going down anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom