• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My guess is that people are going to fight over the vampire deck just because woo vampires.

OnPoint

I'm expecting Sorin to be either 1WB, 3WB or most likely, 4WB.

Here's why: Sorin is pissed in this episode of Innistrad, so he might hulk out. And story doesn't always have an effect on design, but Liliana set Sorin up to be something of a badass in her description, plus the last two Sorins were 4cmc. It would feel weird if he cost as much as his marquee kill spell in the set, and I can't see him costing equal to Jace since he's supposed to be all kick ass compared to little boy blue, so I'm leaning toward him costing 6 cmc. But who knows.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm expecting Sorin to be either 1WB, 3WB or most likely, 4WB.

Here's why: Sorin is pissed in this episode of Innistrad, so he might hulk out. And story doesn't always have an effect on design, but Liliana set Sorin up to be something of a badass in her description, plus the last two Sorins were 4cmc. It would feel weird if he cost as much as his marquee kill spell in the set, and I can't see him costing equal to Jace since he's supposed to be all kick ass compared to little boy blue, so I'm leaning toward him costing 6 cmc. But who knows.

2WB

+1 Make a dude, maybe gain some life.
-2 buff your dudes, maybe gain some life
-6 Thing that's unrelated to the first two

4 Loyalty

ironmang

So what cards are worth picking up before rotation? Not looking to spec for profit or anything, just get cards that will potentially be in the best non-jace deck (definitely not buying $90 jaces). Pretty much have Gideons, some battle lands, and not much else that will survive rotation.

ironmang

Why did she double? I know Olivia looks pretty good but it still seems to be pretty far away from a complete deck with those 2 and the 1 drop red vampire.

kirblar

Why did she double? I know Olivia looks pretty good but it still seems to be pretty far away from a complete deck with those 2 and the 1 drop red vampire.
There's a massive amount of playable R/B vamps spoiled- it's obviously a deck and Kalitas/Drana go right in it.

Yeef

It'd be cool if they made Sorin the cotnrol finisher planeswalker this go-round.

Something like: 4WB
+1: Put two 2/2 flying lifelink vampires into play
-4: Exile each nonvampire creature.
-9: Target opponent sacrifices X permanents, where X is your life total.
{5}

Angry Grimace

Is drafting 5 colors and every single cool looking rare a strategy in Ravnica because this fucken guy just did it and there's a ton of cool cards I wish were in my deck that this guy is discarding because he can't cast them.

Like seriously, he had Firemane Angel, discarded it because he couldn't cast it, discarded Autochthon Wurm, discarded the Demonic Hordes guys it was ridiculous how this guy ruined the draft for everyone by just rare drafting everything

OnPoint

It'd be cool if they made Sorin the cotnrol finisher planeswalker this go-round.

{5}

I'm thinking the same about his place in the plans, though that minus ability is nutso!

Toxi

Banned

{5}
That -9 ability combined with Doubling Season is gonna be the ultimate friendship killer in Commander.

His ult should be making a new Avacyn.

-8 Put a 6/6 flying vigilance indestructible legendary angel token into play named Avacyn Reborn with "When Avacyn Reborn leaves the battlefield put 6 loyalty counters onto Sorin SOB"

Added a new thing to the OP: a link to the post where each card is spoiled. This should make it easier to track down reactions to cards once they blow up in Standard later.

Yeef

Added a new thing to the OP: a link to the post where each card is spoiled. This should make it easier to track down reactions to cards once they blow up in Standard later.
Good idea; but you need to capitalize the L in "HIGHlIGHTS."

Also, I'm disappointed that, with the new website format, we didn't get a limited article today. Seeing the uncommon cycles is one of my favorite parts of spoiler season. Hopefully we get something tomorrow.

Angry Grimace

It seems less like I'm running into people that don't know how to draft Ravnica: COG and more like I'm running into people that don't know how to draft at all.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Fine, I just preordered Avacyn and Arlinn. I know preordering Magic cards is "lighting money on fire" but you know, that describes this entire hobby. It's not as if I'm cracking packs!

...until the booster box I preorderd arrives, too. Halp.

Angry Grimace

Its not lighting money on fire unless you preorder something unwise like Arlinn

Angry Grimace

You'll be eating those words when she's a 4 of in the new RG deck that will replace Eldrazi as the de facto Modern deck.

Even if she' s a 4-of she's not gonna be 40 bucks

there's no precedent for a 40 dollar flipwalker

none

at

all

brb preordering

(lol)

Ashodin

Is it time?
Grave Scrabbler
Type: Creature — Zombie CMC: 4 Cost: {3}{B} P/T: 2/2

Madness {1}{B} (If you discard this card, you may cast it for its madness cost instead of putting it into your graveyard.)
When Grave Scrabbler enters the battlefield, if its madness cost was paid, you may return target creature card from a graveyard to its owner's hand.

Printed in: Future Sight

This is the first time I've seen this version of this card, and it caused me to have a sensible chuckle.

vGTZpU1.jpg

You can attack, or so forth, or what have you, you know?
LOL. Fancy an attack, swampy old boy?

Matriox

4VAJM8z.gif

3kJECwy.jpg

Translation from Reddit:

Abbaye du Val d'orient (Abbey of Eastern Vale ?)
Land
T : Add C to your mana pool
5, T, pay one life : put a 1/1 white and black human cleric token on the battlefield
5, T , sacrifice five creatures : transform and untap ~~
////
Ormendahl, prince des profanes (Ormendhal, prince of profaners ?)
Legendary Creature - Demon
Flying, Haste, Lifelink, Indestructible
9/7

G.ZZZ

Doesn't seems too bad. It's super slow but infinite bodies + eventual finisher ain't bad. Standard only methinks. Legacy has dank depths already, or Tomb of Urami if u want an early drop.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
its token generation is horrible but i'm sure there'll be lots of cute ways to transform it quickly

The Spanish version of that land/Demon DFC suggests a translation issue where they translated "east" as "west" (or vice versa).

Great job, translation folks!

Love that land, anything that's a possible control finisher (hoping Sorin falls into this category) has my interest. Orzhov and possibly Esper are looking pretty interesting so far.

Firemind

Hm. Colourless activations. Not sure about the flavour of that. You're saying religion has no affiliation? It is pretty amusing you have to pay a life to make a cleric.

Firemind

At least that one doesn't have any abilities requiring a cost. I'm just salty there isn't a land cycle with abilities this time.

El Topo

Give me more of that Green Dream, Wizards!

Depending entirely on how easily delirium can be utilized, this is either terrible or amazing.

The card is unplayable without Delirium. The problem with Delirium is that the cards need to be in your own graveyard, which could be difficult for some decks.

V_Arnold

Hm. Colourless activations. Not sure about the flavour of that. You're saying religion has no affiliation? It is pretty amusing you have to pay a life to make a cleric.

Ever heard of monks? Put a color on shinto spirit's worshipping places. You cant.

Matriox

Are there decks that want to spend slots solely to get a Waste (into their hand)?

We don't know yet, but considering the power level of the card with Delirium, you could slot it in a deck that uses Thought-Knot Seer or Reality Smasher pretty easily, use the delirium side to then fetch for those threats. Don't get me wrong, Im not a massive fan of the card, but something like Satyr Wayfinder being printed could make this a pretty nice tutor while also being able to fix your colorless mana.

Edit: I imagine Oath of Nissa is just better overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom