• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
I thought Efro's article was gross, but I also don't think this is bribery:

It's just valuing stuff differently because one person wants an invite and one person wants a booster box. Like, if players split and one gets the invite the other person definitely should get more of the other prizes.

This is pretty much the definition of bribery. Replacing a contest of skill with an economic transaction is what bribery and collusion is!

german mtg is way better than french mtg

ZOMBIE-KREATURENSPIELSTEIN GETAPPT

I disagree on all accounts but nonland permanent, "BLEIBENDE KARTE, DIE KEIN LAND IST," it's just so elegant form over function though.

Also german has probably biggest translation fuck up in mtg history by return to ravnica giving us a new name for instant. Instants went from being referenced as "Spontanzauber" on a couple cards to "Sofort-zauber"

ultron87

You definitely cannot ask them to concede to you for a bigger portion of the prize. That's exactly bribery. Ross said the problem is that people are rephrasing the question to not talk about some redistribution of prizes since it's expected for the person conceding to get extra compensation.

You're just agreeing to split prizes and whoever needs to get first to get the invite doesn't concede. I will say I was totally thinking as if his example is in the final 2 or whatever, not in like Round 11. Much scummier there. The rules specifically allow you to split prizes like this when you get into the single elimination portion of the tournament.

From the MTR:

As an exception, players in the announced last
round of the single-elimination portion of a tournament may agree to divide tournament prizes as they wish. In
that case, one of the players at each table must agree to drop from the tournament. Players are then awarded prizes
according to their resulting ranking.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I thought Efro's article was gross, but I also don't think this is bribery:

It's just valuing stuff differently because one person wants an invite and one person wants a booster box. Like, if players split and one gets the invite the other person definitely should get more of the other prizes.

No, that's collusion and phrasing collusion as a rational business decision doesn't change its character as collusion.

There's a reason the bad teams don't just tank when playing the teams scrapping for a playoff spot in professional sports.

Haines

Banned
As a limited player it does annoy me but I choose to ignore it BC nothing I can do about it anyways.

Like I watched a guy lose his match beside me. The winner gets up and says he's gotta go so the other guy can have the win.

It just makes a farce of the whole thing but ive accepted that's how magic rolls.

kirblar

As a limited player it does annoy me but I choose to ignore it BC nothing I can do about it anyways.

Like I watched a guy lose his match beside me. The winner gets up and says he's gotta go so the other guy can have the win.

It just makes a farce of the whole thing but ive accepted that's how magic rolls.
This is a good thing.

CdwiinPWIAA47Ax.jpg:large

Sorin Markov
3WWBBRR
Summon Legend
Swampwalk, Rampage: 2
Pay WBR during your upkeep or Sorin Markov is buried.
7/4

I wonder if they're going to let us know what Sorin did that had Nahiri pissed off to the point she's basically ended his homeworld.

I also wonder how disappointing the reveal will be.

------

oof thats even rougher in full size

It's just so boring. There's no sense that what's happened is anything more than a slight inconvenience to him.
Which, it could very much wind up being if they want this to have a "happy" ending.

Diregraf-Coloss 2B
Creature - Zombie Giant
~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter for every zombie card in your graveyard.
Whenever you cast a zombie spell, put a black 2/2 zombie token tapped into play.
2/2
Wow, that's good. Definitely a better zombie lord than Risen Executioner.

Damn. That sass.

I dunno how to do a pic or I would have homie.
Seriously? Just do this:
Code:
[img]url[/img]

Sorin Markov
3WWBBRR
Summon Legend
Swampwalk, Rampage: 2
Pay WBR during your upkeep or Sorin Markov is buried.
7/4
Holy shit, that's bad art. Those feet are especially wonky.

Chorazin

Diregraf-Coloss 2B
Creature - Zombie Giant
~ enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter for every zombie card in your graveyard.
Whenever you cast a zombie spell, put a black 2/2 zombie token tapped into play.
2/2

OH MY GOD. I need a full playset for my Zombie deck that is entirely made of Zombie creatures.

Looks like I found something to trade for at the pre-release! 😄

Santiako

Oh, I guess. It's nice to see people get packs or w.e

Yep. Did not work. Not trying to do a photo ever again.

You can't do it directly from a twitter status, just grab them from anywhere else, or open the pic in another tab and then link it.

see:
Cdw_pmaXIAg8yBi.png

Adaren

Sorin's art is supposed to parallel Nahiri's, so you can face the cards towards each other and have them fight
or kiss

He just doesn't pull it off nearly as well. I think it's the flat background and his hunched stance.

If you take Ross' article and boil it down to the core, it's this: the "quid pro quo" attitude at the top tables in Magic tournaments is disgusting. What these players are doing would get them DQ'd if it was done out in the open, so why do we accept that it's okay for them to do it under the table?

As we've said before, it's impossible to police. That doesn't make it right.

Oh, I guess. It's nice to see people get packs or w.e

Yep. Did not work. Not trying to do a photo ever again.

Right-click the image on Twitter and click "Copy image address."

Cdw_pmaXIAg8yBi.png

Haines

Banned
More 2/1 and 2/2

Set gunna be fast and busy

Both seem kinda lousy in limited

What do you guys think of skulk? It makes me like a card like the 1/2 's BC they can block skulkers but I don't know that I want a 1 attack skulker unless there's some good pump spells

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I disagree on all accounts but nonland permanent, "BLEIBENDE KARTE, DIE KEIN LAND IST," it's just so elegant form over function though.

Also german has probably biggest translation fuck up in mtg history by return to ravnica giving us a new name for instant. Instants went from being referenced as "Spontanzauber" on a couple cards to "Sofort-zauber"

i love german compound words tbh

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is a really cool engine card

yG9OHqU.png

this plus

Image.ashx

Green activation is a little weird though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom