• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haines

Banned
This is a really cool engine card

yG9OHqU.png

Oh I like that a lot.

bgDwBgk.png

Is what he's trying to do

Damn. That card seems really good.
This would have been decent even if it was just spells your opponents controlled, but now there's sure to be a deck in there somewhere. The trample is probably to interact with Giant Growth effects.

tumblr_o474b86qtV1u9beo8o2_400.png

tumblr_o474b86qtV1u9beo8o1_400.png

In contrast to Sorin, the art on this fucken rules

This is interesting. I wonder what's with the spider lamps.

EDIT:
This is a really cool engine card

yG9OHqU.png
I'm surprised that green is getting in on investigate too.

absolutely hate what they are doing with the story, but there are some badass cards in this set

In what sense?

Poor Sorin. How hard is it to do good art of a badass vampire planeswalker?

Sorin Markov has great art. Solemn Visitor is pretty okay. He looks cool on a lot of his side spells, like Sorin's Vengeance or the new Vindicate thing.

I was going to say "I think there's something wrong with the way they're commissioning PW art, Gideon was weirdly awful too" and then I realized the wrong thing is commissioning it from Eric Deschamps.

You would think the allegation that pro magic is basically rigged would merit a bigger response, but then again, I wouldn't be surprised if the average pro made less money than the average casual tryhard.

I mean, it's not really asserting that it's rigged, just that there's an elite of players who protect one another. It's not as explosive and a lot of people assume this about every sport/competitive game anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
All we need now is for Edric, Spymaster of Trest to be in the set.
KuGsj.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If you would like a better look at Jace's Cool Guy Longcoat

2Yq1Nq8.png

Weird to see another blue engine enchantment.

Trail of Evidence is way less playable than Ongoing Investigation, I think. Ongoing Investigation is cheap and has synergy with stuff like Whirler Rogue, or Dimensional Infiltrator, etc.

I keep looking at these Investigate engines and trying to make them work in my CUbe. But they're all just worse than Military Intelligence, and I don't even have that card in there (although maybe I should).

What happened to GP casters from different regions, did Wizards really just put all of them out of their job. It seems only NA GPs get covered after all.

How many cards with Jace on it does that make already?

Angry Grimace

I'm going to make a deck with all of these investigate guys and show up on camera with it and insist its called MASTER DETECTIVE.

Angry Grimace

....is Epiphany at the Drownyard supposed to be the replacement for Dig Through Time because if so LOL GG blue control.

Angry Grimace

Throw in some Majora's Mask action while we're at it. :p

Nah, it's just a mono-blue scaling Steam Augury.

Maybe, but there has to be some thing that blue control can use for card advantage or that particular play style is probably dead.

Ashodin

How the fuck did I not realize that Avacyn's symbol was getting twisted into the clue symbol

AOTUmoX.png

Edit: FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I just noticed that the clue symbol has "points" pointing to the center like the cryptoliths on Drownyard Temple

Goddamn this art direction is on fucking point

Angry Grimace

I wonder if we will get the dual land cycle tomorrow? Seems like the kind of thing they'd throw into Sam Stoddard's development column since shaping mana bases seems like the most DEVELOPMENT™ thing ever.

Ashodin

I'm absolutely fucking certain Emrakul is the centerpiece of Eldritch Moon.

They were going to have it in the set that is SOI, but they pushed it to Electronic Dance Music instead

kirblar

The Helvault was made out of the Moon, right?

Would not be shocked if the block ends with Emrakul trapped on the moon, and the populace still suffering the consequences.

Ashodin

The Helvault was made out of the Moon, right?

Would not be shocked if the block ends with Emrakul trapped on the moon, and the populace still suffering the consequences.

You thinking Sorin will bring Nahiri around? Unclear at this point. She wiped out his goddamn bloodline

Ashodin

Or the Moon is the only thing big enough to contain Emrakul? No idea.

So OK, if the new Odric art is that one, then this

Must be a sorcery or instant that does investigate in white

Destroy target artifact? If it's a clue, draw a card and gain 2 life?

Insaniac

bgDwBgk.png
+
bgDwBgk.png
+
1077537.jpg
+
titanstrength.jpg
= lol

Target Zada with Titan's Strength, Titan's Strength on the stack.

Zada's ability goes on the stack/resolves creating copies of Titan's strength for the two other wolves

Those copies of Titan's Strength go on the stack targeting each werewolf. Each werewolf ability triggers, goes on stack, resolves, and creates a two 2/2 wolf tokens.

Copies of Titan's strength resolves, giving the werewolves +3/+1 and scry 1

Original Titan's Strength resolves, +3/+1, scry 1.

Thats how I see it, at least.

Angry Grimace

0281b_MTGSOI_FR_HRR.gif

Angry Grimace tries to translate french, a language he doesn't know:

After the disappearance of Griselbrand, the Skirsdag adepts became impatient with the demon's requirement of ???? devotion (maybe long, extended?) Ormendahl does not uhhhhh something (require longterm patience? make them wait?)

Ashodin

"After the disappearance of Griselbrand, the cultists of Skirsdag became impatient looking for another demon worth their devotion. Ormendahl did not have them waiting very long."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom