• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
New intro pack product going to stores:

b9dKJOO.jpg

I'm pretty sure Dakkon Blackblade is just some guys D&D avatar.

Every single legend card in Legends is a D&D character (PC or NPC.)

What is up with the art style in this set?

It's so much better than like the last 40 sets or however many since the last realistic portrayals on magic cards.

The art direction in Khans is great too, it's just Origins and BFZ block that fell in a gap due to all the transition stuff.

Ashodin

I think either Emrakul is on her way to Innistrad (and her sphere of influence is ahead of her warping the plane) or she's already bound inside the moon.

Ashodin

Philosophically or because of some actual problem it will cause?

Philosophically, one would assume. Two creatures fighting it out is what green wants.

This just feels like getting the drop on someone, which feels more red.

However, I can see what they're going for here. They want green to have some sort of direct damage, and it's entirely based on you having a creature (which green is all about). At least it's not "target creature you control deals damage equal to its power to target creature or player"

ironmang

Lambholt-Pacifist-Lambholt-Butcher.jpg

Not even going to try and judge it. I guess it blocks til you can get it to transform

Really good in limited obviously. Probably would have been constructed playable in old abzan with Anafenza and Dromoka's Command to help push it through on T3.

Haines

Banned
Rabid Bite can help Gloomwidow kill things without flying

It's a 3/3 for 3 with reach. The other reach in green is like 5 mana so I'm guess this 3 drop is going to be a bit of a priority for anti air.

That card pacifist that can't attack without 4 can as well with a pump.

Do you guys know a proper way to wash playmats? I keep mine in a playmat tube and whenever I open it there's this weird fishy smell and I'd rather it not.

Crocodile

it was needed fighting sucks more often than not, outside of dromoka's command.

Prey Upon, Savage Punch and Epic Confrontation were all A+ commons and Setessan Tactics was a limited bomb. Rabid Bite and Nissa's Judgement aren't the type of cards that will make constructed and Dromoka's Command only did so because it had a bunch of other modes on the card in addition to the fighting.

Do you guys know a proper way to wash playmats? I keep mine in a playmat tube and whenever I open it there's this weird fishy smell and I'd rather it not.

There's a good chance it's just the material used to make the playmat smells like that. What manufacturer made it? I know all three of the playmats I got from GP Detroit in August smelled like that because of the materials used. It's recycled tires, I believe.

As for washing, I don't know of a good way to do it that won't disintegrate the playmat.

Haines

Banned
Is it dumb I like sleep more than silverstrike. I don't care about the life gain. I understand a tapped creature can still be doing things tho..hmmm maybe I'm wrong. I just don't like that the creature has to be attacking

Santiako

I've washed big mousepads before by putting them inside a pillowcase and then throwing them in the washing machine, should work for playmats too.

Haines

Banned
Yeah maybe just try a quick Google.

I have some marks on a white playmat I'm just gunna dab with some baking soda and vinegar mix

Joe Molotov

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";199143834]Innistrad's hydra should have been a human centipede-esque abomination.[/QUOTE]

100% Magically Accurate

Another box, this time in English so no Google Translate.
“I write this entry from atop the Hanweir wall. I find it amusing and self-congratulatory that not only did my village secede from Videns Parish and Gavony, but we felt arrogant enough to name our (one-town) province of Hanweir. If we used a currency, would it be called the Hanweir? Are the individual streets to be renamed Hanweir? Am I Hanweir?

I have com to love and fear this wall. Concilwoman Blackwell, in her anger, seems to have been a bearer of overwhelming truths. By enclosing ourselves we have ensured that anything sealed with us behind the walls of Hanweir cannot get out. This truth became far too clear last night with the unfortunate discover that former popular pear farmer, Hadwin Dodd, was a lycanthrope. He was killed last night in front of his own house after a most disturbing public transformation and moonlight hunt. He died only after slaughtering two children in his lupine state.

Perhaps we, the makers of our cage, deserve this. We have sinned, and our punishment is raining in blood from the sky and tearing transformed flesh behind our doors.

I find myself praying to no one in particular. Avacyn and her vultures will certainly not help me. Instead I whisper desperate prayers to the void of the night–to the cold witch-hour, when only the moon can hear me. It feels pointless. I’m not sure if the moon can do me much good.

Perhaps all I can do is turn to those around me.

Perhaps the only solution is to join with the rest of the sinners and wayward souls here in this hapless box we made.

Our salvation is not in the skies or in the hymns or in books. It is closeness with our neighbors, embracing each other and embracing our humanity.

As I write with my pen, the truth becomes manifest.

Coming together is the only option.

- Oliver Hayfield”

“Preserved Pears

Perhaps you’ll enjoy these more than I do. I can’t stand the taste anymore.

- Oliver Hayfield”

Lucario

Ordered a deck for my LGS's last pre-rotation tournament last Wednesday, and it looks like 3 of the sellers haven't even shipped yet. Got some packages in today postmarked 5 days after I ordered.

So much for that :\

Ashodin

Instead I whisper desperate prayers to the void of the night–to the cold witch-hour, when only the moon can hear me. It feels pointless. I’m not sure if the moon can do me much good.

Yessssssssssssss

We did it boys:

Triskaidekaphilia

Creatures(8):
  • 4 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
  • 4 Hedron Crawler

Enchantments(12):
  • 4 Dead Weight
  • 4 Demonic Pact
  • 4 Triskaidekaphobia

Spells(14):
  • 4 Compelling Deterrence
  • 4 Grasp of Darkness
  • 3 Epiphany at the Drownyard
  • 2 Silumgar's Command
  • 1 From Under the Floorboards

Land(26):
  • 4 Sunken Hollow
  • 4 Submerged Boneyard
  • 4 Choked Esuary
  • 9 Swamp
  • 5 Island

Sideboard:
  • 3 Flaying Tendrils
  • 1 Languish
  • 4 Duress
  • 2 Ob Nixilis
  • 2 Self-Inflicted Wound
  • 1 Infinite Obliteration
  • 1 Dragonlord Silumgar
  • 1 Risen Executioner

UB Zombies actually has a lot of juice, might brew that up next.

Lucario

/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Mad-Prophet.jpg[/img]

This one seems hard to judge. The haste is probably meaningless. Discard before draw isn't what I want. But it'd a madness/delerium enabler.

What do you guys think if it?

Oh shit! I loved Mad Prophet in AVR limited. Was easily one of the best red commons, probably 3rd behind Pillar of Flame and Kruin Striker.

I can definitely see why they pushed it up a rarity in a set with Madness.

Haines

Banned
Oh shit! I loved Mad Prophet in AVR limited. Was easily one of the best red commons, probably 3rd behind Pillar of Flame and Kruin Striker.

I can definitely see why they pushed it up a rarity in a set with Madness.

OK so I guess I'm not seeing the full potential cuz a 2/2 body with haste doesn't excite me at 4. So is it purely the ability that people like?

Lucario

OK so I guess I'm not seeing the full potential cuz a 2/2 body with haste doesn't excite me at 4. So is it purely the ability that people like?

Had a lot of extra utility in AVR because of how much the set sucked for limited. Getting to discard through your unplayables to get to your real cards was great.

Here, it's a madness enabler that helps prevent flood. Seems like a high pick.

traveler

Not Wario
Was really hoping for a chance at standard reanimator. Don't see Ever After getting there. Unburial Rites, it is not. (Not that Unburial Rites itself should be printed now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom