• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Uh that seems good

Also Rosewater explained recently that the "werewolf" mechanic is because there's more activity during the day. That's why no spells = night, two+ spells = day

...I never got that before

It's an interesting card since there are times you'd prefer to have the front side. In any case, the front side's ability is great even if you miss, since you filter out the noncreature cards for your next draw.

Hero

Ah so that card that got leaked a long time ago got officially spoiled, cool

If you're talking about a standard, power-max Cube then no way

I think you're underestimating how powerful this card is for 1G. A Grizzly Bears with a front side mana sink that draws you creature cards and then flips into a 3/3 that makes your creatures easier to cast is fantastic. It's awesome on turn two and even mid to late game the ability to activate the ability multiple times a turn will be back-breaking.

kirblar

There's pretty ridiculous power creep at 1/2cc in the last few years.

Which is hilarious, given that they still just get roflstomped by the 3-4 drops.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
That green creature is a really cool take on a Werebear like creature, the front side of the card is actually better at times in the late game than the transformed creature. Don't think its constructed playable but its a solid limited card.

Crocodile

I think you're underestimating how powerful this card is for 1G. A Grizzly Bears with a front side mana sink that draws you creature cards and then flips into a 3/3 that makes your creatures easier to cast is fantastic. It's awesome on turn two and even mid to late game the ability to activate the ability multiple times a turn will be back-breaking.

I think the card is fantastic. I just don't think I'd use "staple" for such a card in the context of a "standard" Cube with rares and mythics.

Hero

I think the card is fantastic. I just don't think I'd use "staple" for such a card in the context of a "standard" Cube with rares and mythics.

I have a 450 card Powered cube and I think this card easily gets in. What 2cc green drops do you think this is inferior to out of curiosity?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That green creature is a really cool take on a Werebear like creature, the front side of the card is actually better at times in the late game than the transformed creature. Don't think its constructed playable but its a solid limited card.
It's constructed playable; it costs 2 mana

It's an interesting card since there are times you'd prefer to have the front side. In any case, the front side's ability is great even if you miss, since you filter out the noncreature cards for your next draw.

I think the nut draw scenario on this is just so good. You can drop this on turn two, tap out for its ability on turn 3 to draw a creature and transform it, then drop a 5-drop on turn four.

There's pretty ridiculous power creep at 1/2cc in the last few years.

Which is hilarious, given that they still just get roflstomped by the 3-4 drops.

The fact that they get roflstomped by the 3-4 drops is why there's all this power creep at 1-2. :p

Crocodile

I have a 450 card Powered cube and I think this card easily gets in. What 2cc green drops do you think this is inferior to out of curiosity?

*pulls out Cube*

Sylvan Caryatid, Wall of Blossoms, Wall of Roots, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Lotus Cobra, Ainok Survivalist, Den Protector, Fauna Shaman, Scavenging Ooze,Tarmogoyf, Rofellos

Two of those are Morphs but for 5 total mana, both give more value than this Werewolf I feel. I'm not looking for additional two drops right now and if I were I think I'd start looking in the direction of say Rattlecalw Mystic before I'd hit the Werewolf. If I was looking for aggressive options I might be inclined to go towards say Strangleroot Geist. Again, I'm not arguing the werewolf is bad, I just don't think its a "staple" in anyway. "Staple" are like WINDMILL SLAM GET IN MY CUBE type cards, not just ok-good cards.

Hero

*pulls out Cube*

Sylvan Caryatid, Wall of Blossoms, Wall of Roots, Sakura-Tribe Elder, Lotus Cobra, Ainok Survivalist, Den Protector, Fauna Shaman, Scavenging Ooze,Tarmogoyf, Rofellos

Two of those are Morphs but for 5 total mana, both give more value than this Werewolf I feel. I'm not looking for additional two drops right now and if I were I think I'd start looking in the direction of say Rattlecalw Mystic before I'd hit the Werewolf. If I was looking for aggressive options I might be inclined to go towards say Strangleroot Geist. Again, I'm not arguing the werewolf is bad, I just don't think its a "staple" in anyway. "Staple" are like WINDMILL SLAM GET IN MY CUBE type cards, not just ok-good cards.

I run most of those and while I agree with some (Rofellos, Caryatid, Fauna, Roots) I don't think the Werewolf is going to be worse than the rest of the cards on average. I also don't view the morphs as true 2 drops because they are shitty as 2 drops. Strangleroot is double green which I don't think is particularly appealing for an aggressive drop. We'll see. Definitely feel safe cutting Blossoms for it for a while.

ironmang

CeWuKU1UYAAtQpB.jpg
CeWuKU3VAAAlZBu.jpg

from aaron forsythe's twitter.

Wonder if this is playable over Jace in Bant Company. I don't care if it's a slight downgrade as long as I can avoid picking up $90 cards that will plummet between now and September.

Crocodile

Funny thing to say Maro considering we have something better already in the set :p

I run most of those and while I agree with some (Rofellos, Caryatid, Fauna, Roots) I don't think the Werewolf is going to be worse than the rest of the cards on average. I also don't view the morphs as true 2 drops because they are shitty as 2 drops. Strangleroot is double green which I don't think is particularly appealing for an aggressive drop. We'll see. Definitely feel safe cutting Blossoms for it for a while.

Ooze, Lotus Cobra and STE seem kind of uncuttable in most standard Cubes. You really don't like those cards? I agree that the GG on geist is super annoying but I do think its the type of card if I would lean towards if I wanted to push Green aggro. Most groups I've drafted with haven't been keen on Green aggro though so I oriented my section more towards ramp, midrange and some "cheaty: strategies. All those have tended to be successful.

traveler

Not Wario
WU Humans is actually feeling pretty good. Winning a lot of games against pre rotation Bant Company, even with its excellent manabase. Archangel of Tithes is a huge beating with Always Watching

I have a dumb question; I'm assuming madness allows cards to effectively be played at instant speed as long as one has a discard outlet? That is, one can cast a sorcery or a creature in a pinch by utilizing the madness ability of the card being discarded.

Yeef

I have a dumb question; I'm assuming madness allows cards to effectively be played at instant speed as long as one has a discard outlet? That is, one can cast a sorcery or a creature in a pinch by utilizing the madness ability of the card being discarded.
Correct.

DrArchon

Duskwatch Recruiter looks dope (shocking opinion I know).

I wish he put the extra cards in your GY instead of the bottom of your library. Both for Delirium in limited and to make me want to combo him with The Gitrog Monster.

traveler

Not Wario
We're not getting the full page. Not sure how you accessed the full spoiler, but it's not up yet for me.

Edit: There we go. Up now.

Huh. I refreshed the image gallery about 9:30 and got an "Access Denied;" then refreshed again and got the full spoiler.

Assassinate got an upgrade!

en_uKVjXWjt3u.png

EDIT: Ohhh the flavor on this is awesome. And it could also be kind of a blowout too:

en_gmYzzayWVu.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm almost completely certain Murderous Compulsion is a Hannibal reference.

This + Tutelage looks like the base of an actual mill deck. That's a minimum of milling five cards each time you sac a clue.

en_rgqQoBWHcp.png

I also love the art for whatever this guy is:

en_9ZaSBX5Cse.png

Nightmare fuel...

en_xSE2Jufgdw.png

EDIT: God I love this set. This card is so cool.

en_IMu4NpjYdf.png
en_EQ6l05W6Vj.png

Well, for that cost, it ought to be. Put that out for 4 and you have a good rare in your hands.

That card is going to make a lot of ridiculous board stalls in limited. It can block multiple copies of the set's evasive creatures. We'll have to see how the set actually plays, but I see this card leading to a lot of boards of creatures staring at each other with no profitable blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom