• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
As far as I know you can do it on MTGO. The little up and down arrows come up when there's multiple blockers to assign damage to.

Yup, I think the fact that I've never had to assign zero damage to a creature before threw me for a loop. Yeah, LSV just saved me from calling a judge and looking hella dumb.

Christmasland scenario I want to happen at the prerelease: opponent attacks with Accursed Witch. I madness cast Malevolent Whispers, which costs 2R targeting the witch, to take control of it and kill it and another attacker. I then enchant the opponent with Infectious Curse (the witch transformed).

And yeah, I completely failed to consider the devil scenario with assigning all damage to just one blocker. Good to take note of. I'll probably tell my opponent about it beforehand if it comes up.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Having only just recently made it reasonably far into Bloodborne I am beginning to get the feeling that MtG's designers really liked this game.

Also, bets on Eldritch Moon having a keyword mechanic called Lunacy?

Haines

Banned
I'm starting to feel that prerelease hype.

Maybe I'll get the wifey to play some more soi tonight...but I should probably leave her alone lol

Ashodin

I'm starting to feel that prerelease hype.

Maybe I'll get the wifey to play some more soi tonight...but I should probably leave her alone lol

I've been leaving my wife alone and she's really warming up to having me help her with her prerelease deck construction. We'll be playing at midnight, as we usually stay up really late.

Working on Erebos's Titan.dec, and MAN, Liliana is fucking awesome in it. Once she's flipped over, she says fuck you to Languish

This is the combo right here

accursedwitch.jpg
+
tormentedthoughts.jpg

I feel like Infinite Oblit will be a great SB against Mindwrack/Avacyn

traveler

Not Wario
Going to be working tonight after all, so I can't test tonight. Def want to get some playtesting in sometime before the first standard events of the season next week, though, so I'll let you know if I free up.

For anyone still counting coffin nails on the Emrakul thing:

Ce6MOYsUYAAQs8M.jpg:small

i dunno some reddit guy i guess said:
So it looks like that "hidden message confirming baddy is Emrakul" is legit. People Predicted that we'd see a special 653 Journal if it was, and low and behold, Gavin Verhey has revealed today a special Pre-Release version of the journal with the Predicted 653, confirming it is in fact Emrakul.

kirblar

What about Nahiri is still white? She seems very mono-red to me.

She believes she is acting for the greater good of the world.
Yup, Emrakul getting a nice Moon prison.

Innistrad going to be verrrry fucked up the next time we go visit.

White is the most insane colour imo.

It believes in the good of their people

Decided my next EDH deck is gonna be Scion of the Ur-Dragon tribal and cost me around a hundred bucks w/o the really expensive cards (JTMS, CoS, Volrath's Stronghold). The current list I'm planning is running barely any interaction and none of it is instant or sorcery based. Dunno where to make cuts though.

Deck: Scion of the Ur-Dragon tribal
w.gif
u.gif
b.gif
r.gif
g.gif

//Main
1 Atarka, World Render
5.gif
r.gif
g.gif

1 Balefire Dragon
5.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Bladewing the Risen
3.gif
b.gif
b.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Dragon Broodmother
2.gif
r.gif
r.gif
r.gif
g.gif

1 Dragon Mage
5.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Dragonlord Atarka
5.gif
r.gif
g.gif

1 Dragonlord Dromoka
4.gif
g.gif
w.gif

1 Niv-Mizzet, the Firemind
2.gif
u.gif
u.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Nicol Bolas
2.gif
u.gif
u.gif
b.gif
b.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Moltensteel Dragon
4.gif
rp.png
rp.png

1 Intet, the Dreamer
3.gif
u.gif
r.gif
g.gif

1 Hellkite Tyrant
4.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Dragonlord Silumgar
4.gif
u.gif
b.gif

1 Dragonlord Ojutai
3.gif
w.gif
u.gif

1 Ojutai, Soul of Winter
5.gif
w.gif
u.gif

1 Quicksilver Dragon
4.gif
u.gif
u.gif

1 Savage Ventmaw
4.gif
r.gif
g.gif

1 Scourge of the Throne
4.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Silumgar, the Drifting Death
4.gif
u.gif
b.gif

1 Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
3.gif
b.gif
b.gif

1 Steel Hellkite
6.gif

1 Teneb, the Harvester
3.gif
b.gif
g.gif
w.gif

1 Thunderbreak Regent
2.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Tyrant's Familiar
5.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Utvara Hellkite
6.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Blood Crypt
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Breeding Pool
1 Cavern of Souls
1 City of Brass
1 Command Tower
1 Exotic Orchard
1 Haven of the Spirit Dragon
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Godless Shrine
1 Gemstone Caverns
1 Frontier Bivouac
2 Forest
1 Flooded Strand
1 Island
1 Jungle Shrine
1 Mana Confluence
1 Mountain
1 Murmuring Bosk
1 Opulent Palace
1 Overgrown Tomb
1 Seaside Citadel
1 Savage Lands
1 Sandsteppe Citadel
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Reflecting Pool
1 Polluted Delta
1 Plains
1 Steam Vents
1 Stomping Ground
1 Swamp
1 Temple Garden
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Watery Grave
1 Windswept Heath
1 Wooded Foothills
1 Birds of Paradise
g.gif

1 Bloom Tender
1.gif
g.gif

1 Chromatic Lantern
3.gif

1 Chrome Mox
0.gif

1 Coalition Relic
3.gif

1 Dragonspeaker Shaman
1.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Farseek
1.gif
g.gif

1 Sol Ring
1.gif

1 Skyshroud Claim
3.gif
g.gif

1 Rattleclaw Mystic
1.gif
g.gif

1 Noble Hierarch
g.gif

1 Fellwar Stone
2.gif

1 Bring to Light
3.gif
g.gif
u.gif

1 Call the Gatewatch
2.gif
w.gif

1 Dragon Tempest
1.gif
r.gif

1 Dragonstorm
8.gif
r.gif

1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
2.gif
u.gif
u.gif

1 Mirari's Wake
3.gif
g.gif
w.gif

1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
4.gif
u.gif
b.gif
b.gif
r.gif

1 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon
8.gif

1 Temur Ascendancy
g.gif
u.gif
r.gif

1 Sarkhan's Triumph
2.gif
r.gif

1 Sarkhan, the Dragonspeaker
3.gif
r.gif
r.gif

1 Sarkhan Vol
2.gif
r.gif
g.gif

1 Sarkhan Unbroken
2.gif
g.gif
u.gif
r.gif

1 Sarkhan the Mad
3.gif
b.gif
r.gif

1 Unburial Rites
4.gif
b.gif

1 Reanimate
b.gif

1 Beacon of Unrest
3.gif
b.gif
b.gif

1 Animate Dead
1.gif
b.gif

1 Elvish Piper
3.gif
g.gif

1 Lightning Greaves
2.gif

1 Maelstrom Nexus
w.gif
u.gif
b.gif
r.gif
g.gif

1 Quicksilver Amulet
4.gif

1 Surrak Dragonclaw
2.gif
g.gif
u.gif
r.gif

1 Xenagos, God of Revels
3.gif
r.gif
g.gif

1 Crux of Fate
3.gif
b.gif
b.gif

//Sideboard
1 Scion of the Ur-Dragon
w.gif
u.gif
b.gif
r.gif
g.gif

Deckstatistik anzeigen

The PWs even tell Sarkhan's Story and it's playing Sarkhan's triumph. Falvour win!

Ashodin

OK I found the receipts, and kudos to Wizards for making it not painfully obvious it's Emrakul, but the real question is, is she already bound, or what?

ironmang

Pulled a foil Abbey tonight in pack 1 of my draft. Got to top deck it for the win once too. Somehow went 4-0 despite the deck being 3 color with barely any fixing and some very mediocre cards. Wolf of Devil’s Breach and a few madness creatures probably had a lot to do with my winning lol.

OK I found the receipts, and kudos to Wizards for making it not painfully obvious it's Emrakul, but the real question is, is she already bound, or what?

Nah Nahiri is harbinging her as we speak.

Also:

icecreammac asked: "[Nahiri] believes she is acting for the Greater Good of the world." Are you sure? Going by her actions and words to Sorin, she seems to be more working for the Fall of the world. Or is she talking about Zendikar or the Multiverse? Because I fail to see how Breaking Innistrad will stop the Eldrazi.

Sorry. I misread “Nahiri” as “Avacyn”.

Rosewater troll game unusually strong tonight.

Ashodin

TROOLLOL game on point!

Yeah if she's Harbinging Emrakul (she on his way bioooooootch!)

What's the end game?

Just bring Emrakul to the plane?

Or is she being controlled by Emrakul in the first place to bring Emrakul to the plane?

WHAT IS GOING ON

Eldritch Moon better have answers

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I feel like I personally get the lion's share of hands with 2 lands in them in the universe.

All I ever get are 2 landers.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Will we see the fall set's name in May or June, I wonder?

Probably not until sometime right before Eldritch Moon. Consul's Lieutenant is great for thematic synergy with Thalia's Liuetenant, but I think Hanweir Captain is just better because you just get four dudes out quite often in this deck.

Ashodin

Hmm, I'm wondering if I shouldn't put in Consul's Lieutenant in Boros.dec. Giving first strike to the entire team seems pretty good, and its renowned ability synergizes well with Kor Ally tokens from Captain's Claws.

I also have Hanweir Militia Captain in there because we very often get to four dudes what with Captain's Claws + Strength of Arms making a token.

Angry Grimace

Hmm, I'm wondering if I shouldn't put in Consul's Lieutenant in Boros.dec. Giving first strike to the entire team seems pretty good, and its renowned ability synergizes well with Kor Ally tokens from Captain's Claws.

I also have Hanweir Militia Captain in there because we very often get to four dudes what with Captain's Claws + Strength of Arms making a token.

It doesn't give first strike to your entire team

TROOLLOL game on point!

Yeah if she's Harbinging Emrakul (she on his way bioooooootch!)

What's the end game?

Just bring Emrakul to the plane?

Or is she being controlled by Emrakul in the first place to bring Emrakul to the plane?

Nahiri isn't being controlled by anyone. She's personally pissed off that Sorin is a turd. Especially given their efforts to fit to the Mythos story framework, the thing that makes the most sense is an incomprehensible eldritch monster being summoned by a much more comprehensible person for some emotionally fraught reason.

Will we see the fall set's name in May or June, I wonder?

Khans of Tarkir was the latest any fall set has ever been announced in mid-May -- every other fall set back to the start of the modern era was announced right around now, between early March and mid-April (or even earlier once you get back to older sets.) Five months is pretty much the shortest they can do for the fall set, which means May is still the latest they can get. I would wager that just as SOI was announced at a GP a few weeks after BFZ was released, we'll see Lock announced a few weeks after SOI (probably at the PT, since they probably don't need to wait for a specific date like they did with SOI and Halloween.)

Santiako

So in the next six months we have Shadows, Eternal Masters, Eldritch Moon, Conspiracy and the fall set, right? and commander 2016 shorty after. That's a very packed schedule.

Edit: and FTV: Lore as well. Damn.

Ashodin

Khans of Tarkir was the latest any fall set has ever been announced in mid-May -- every other fall set back to the start of the modern era was announced right around now, between early March and mid-April (or even earlier once you get back to older sets.) Five months is pretty much the shortest they can do for the fall set, which means May is still the latest they can get. I would wager that just as SOI was announced at a GP a few weeks after BFZ was released, we'll see Lock announced a few weeks after SOI (probably at the PT, since they probably don't need to wait for a specific date like they did with SOI and Halloween.)

Can't wait!

cardart_ORI_ConsulsLieutenant.jpg

Skyships, and these dudes are ALL about the equipment

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I'm still waiting for them to finally do the right thing and return to Kamigawa and make a real set with good mechanics.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm still waiting for them to finally do the right thing and return to Kamigawa and make a real set with good mechanics.

2G
Invocation of Azusa
Enchantment - Aura
When Invocation of Azusa is put into the graveyard, you may play an additional land this turn.

I really hope Emrakul doesn't get trapped in the moon. That would make the Eldrazi seem even less powerful bc they keep getting trapped.

These Starfield of Nyx decks are just the worst. 4 Silkwrap, 4 Stasis Snare, 3+ Quarantine Field and possibly some Isolation Zones? I'm playing a BW version with Dead Weight, Languish and Demonic Pact and even I feel bad most of the time. Probably a third of my wins came from people getting sick of having every single thing they played exiled and just conceding before I even drew a win con.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom