• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnPoint

Is WB Superfriends possibly an archetype? Throw a couple...

4x Gideon Ally
4x Big Daddy Sorin
4x Avengers Assemble (Call the Gatewatch)
3x Oath of Gideon
4x Ob Nixilis the Laughing Chest
4x Declaration in Stone
2x Anguished Unmaking
2x Languish
2x Sidisi, Undead Tutor
2x Transgress the Mind
3x Flaying Tendrils
2x Ayli the Token-eating Lifegiver

... and baby, you got yourself a stew goin!

Terrible deck!!!

Watching that last round of SCG... was I close to being onto something??

Descend Upon the Sinful has done some real work for me as well. It exiles and almost always leaves a 4/4 behind. I have it higher than the 5CMC wrath options available.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
People playing white weenies in standard again. lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm back from China and I bought an English fat pack. I don't know it has been talked about already, but who packages these boosters? The sorting is all over the place, the token, foil, DFC, land and rares seem to jump places every booster. My first booster had the mythic before the uncommons, the DFC rare at the back and no common/uncommon DFC.

Commons, Uncommons, regular rare, DFC, DFC rare, foil

That's the order.

FeD.nL

Probably a dumb question but currently playing some sealed with a friend and what is the correct ruling when you have both Sin Prodder and Aberrant Researcher in play?

What I assume is that Aberrant Researcher doesn't let me choose wether the card goes to the hand and always goes the the graveyard, until it's flipped?

Not sure though.

I really don't like being mono-white. Reflector Mage is gross, and blue has really good sideboard cards that have gotten me out of some crazy jams.

I'm with you but it looked like Seth was trying to keep it as low to the ground as possible. A flipped Kytheon on turn 3 is not something the W/U builds can really do and I imagine Seth wanted the fastest build to prey on all the durdly brews people will be trying out.

Probably a dumb question but currently playing some sealed with a friend and what is the correct ruling when you have both Sin Prodder and Aberrant Researcher in play?

What I assume is that Aberrant Researcher doesn't let me choose wether the card goes to the hand and always goes the the graveyard, until it's flipped?

Not sure though.

If I understand correctly, at the beginning of the upkeep both triggers go on the stack in the order of the player's choice. They don't resolve simultaneously. With aberrant the card will go the graveyard always.

Santiako

- Put starcity's stream.
- There's a flipped Avacyn, an Ormendahl, a Dragonlord Atarka and a Nahiri with 20ish counters.
- Ayyy lmao.

now there is also an Ulamog haha

traveler

Not Wario
Naya midrange. Nahiri hit 20 something loyalty before getting exiled by Ulamog.

Edit: that game was insane. That ending haha.

Also, i wonder if this is Efro, and if he knows something we don't about goldnight

bmqtO3U.png

Daedardus

Commons, Uncommons, regular rare, DFC, DFC rare, foil

That's the order.

My first pack was commons, uncommon, Mythic, two uncommons, DFC rare, no DFC common. Than after that the token and tips card were all over the place. But I can't complain, got an Avacyn and a Thing in Ice.

hermit7

I am thinking of building a modern deck with the recent bannings of eye.

Thoughts on the better positioned decks right now?

As a note of what I tend to play is more aggro, but control is alright as well. I kind of like the way that death and taxes plays in legacy if that is a good example.

G.ZZZ

I am thinking of building a modern deck with the recent bannings of eye.

Thoughts on the better positioned decks right now?

As a note of what I tend to play is more aggro, but control is alright as well. I kind of like the way that death and taxes plays in legacy if that is a good example.

There's a monowhite tax decks in modern too, but i'm not sure how actually good that is (play leonin arbiters and such).

Ashodin

After playing against White Weenie I'm going full scorched earth and using 4x Lighting Axe 4x Fiery Temper

Fuck that shit

Modern BW Tokens with SOI:

lcbstz.png

Not, it's not, especially with those cards. If you want to beat White Weenie, go Boiling Earth in Red, or if you can push it go Radiant Flames, or Flaying Tendrils if you're in Black.

I recommend Languish over Flaying Tendrils. The creatures grow out of x/2 range pretty quick.

G.ZZZ

That Todd Anderson Google Magmatic Insight, Tormented Voice Lightning Axe Fiery temper Fall of the titans deck look some amazing fun lol.

Angry Grimace

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";200575786]Modern BW Tokens with SOI:

lcbstz.png

I recommend Languish over Flaying Tendrils. The creatures grow out of x/2 range pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

I don't think Gideon is nearly as good as Sorin in Modern Tokens. You can't run Anguished Unmaking, Bitterblossom and Thoughtseize without being able to reliably land Sorin. Taking out Vault of the Archangel makes that problem even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom