• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always thought it weird that green got that effect. Green does have card draw but not particularly good one.

In Limited this card is reasonably a 4/4 at best, it replaces itself though

Edit: nvm read the flipside proper, dayum.

I really like the art on both sides.
Agreed! I don't think the card is super good, but the art makes me want to play it. And hey, maybe I can make a janky deck that includes Fascination
femme_fatale-fascination-frf-14208427870.png

I basically only play kitchen table Magic, so such things are possible :p

nathnorb asked: With there being 4 walkers in SoI, are you still sticking to the "5 walkers a block" plan? Meaning there will only be 1 planeswalker in EDM?

5 per block is the default.

Carefully phrased there.

Nahiri is a Stoneforge Mystic.

Much like Gerrard Capashen is a Master of Arms.

Image.ashx

(Real story is that Nahiri looking like Stoneforge Mystic is just a cute callback to a popular card)
For reference this card's ability used to actually do something. In the early years tapped blockers did not deal damage.

If Jace is pretty obviously poopy, chances are high Tamiyo got a card next set.

I think it's pretty likely anyway. It's one thing to do a story like BFZ and have Ugin (who we just saw and who is vital to the ongoing metaplot) show up on the side without a card, it's another to have Tamiyo (who we only ever saw once) show up randomly and get no second card, like... they could just leave her out entirely if that was gonna be the deal.

I just noticed that we have a demon and a dragon walker by now, high time for an Angel walker.

Once they do this (which, lore problems aside, is an inevitability at some point), and they eventually print a card for Crucius the sphinx planeswalker, four of the five iconics will have PW representatives. Poor hydras. :(

Taramoor

Once they do this (which, lore problems aside, is an inevitability at some point), and they eventually print a card for Crucius the sphinx planeswalker, four of the five iconics will have PW representatives. Poor hydras. :(

Vraska's head is kind of a hydra.

Hydras are iconic? I know there is one every other set but they are so boring. Dragons need another walker even since neither of the two is even in particularly dragony colour combinations/absences

I want a male white guy that becomes an angel planeswalker

DO IT

WAIT

I DID IT

(this is a fake duders)

UV98c2f.png

That's just Sorin and/or Elspeth

Its the best option they were able to find for green after looking for like, a decade

Eh, I like Hydras

There's got to be something better aside from Genesis hydra they never seem to do anything exciting.

Angel, sphinx, demon, dragon, hydra.

Nice, meh, good, great, bad

Man whatever you gotta start with a base

Yeah but you want to stay away from the stuff that feels really, really similar.

Stuff that's very white, angel-y, and pretty distinct from existing white PWs:

• 4/4 flying angel tokens
  • Return target creature from your graveyard to play
  • Gaining life, esp. about creatures or something
  • Flickering
  • Oblivion Ringing
  • Granting lifelink and vigilance
  • (etc.)

Yeah but you want to stay away from the stuff that feels really, really similar.

• Flickering
  • Oblivion Ringing
  • (etc.)

Ajani gave Lifelink/Vigilance in Steadfast, IIRC, and Venser gave Flickering.

Revised Dude, maybe 2WW:
+2 Until your next turn, target creature you control gets +2/+2, flying, and is an Angel in addition to its other types.
-3 Put a 4/4 Angel with flying that has "When this creature ETBs, Exile target permanent until X leaves the battlefield"
-8 You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you may return a creature card from your graveyard to play."

Sphinx''s Revelhydra is a pretty cool design too.

45.jpg

There is not, and besides that one Hooded Hydra, Managorger Hydra, and Polukranos are some other cool hydras from recent memory.

It's just that it always has to be counters and that they don't represent the "cut 1 head of 2 heads will grow in its place" thing very well. That should mean they are hard to kill imo and hydras are usually anything but. They aren't particularly mana efficient either and don't even get evasion as a baseline like all the other iconics do.

Thinking about evasion why do all iconics fly?

Ajani gave Lifelink/Vigilance in Steadfast, IIRC, and Venser gave Flickering.

Revised Dude, maybe 2WW:
+2 Until your next turn, target creature you control gets +2/+2, flying, and is an Angel in addition to its other types.
-3 Put a 4/4 Angel with flying that has "When this creature ETBs, Exile target permanent until X leaves the battlefield"
-8 You get an emblem with "At the beginning of your upkeep, you may return a creature card from your graveyard to play."

I'd like a

Dudeangel 2WW

+3 Choose first strike, vigilance, or lifelink. Until end of turn creatures you control get the ability of your choice.
-4 Put an enchantment token into play that has "When this enters the battlefield, exile target nonland permanent an opponent controls until this leaves the battlefield."
-8 Until your next turn you can't lose the game, damage that would reduce your life total to less than 1 reduces it to 1 instead.

Ashodin

• Flickering
  • Oblivion Ringing
  • (etc.)

K.

It was a shotgun design at first, need to clean up the bullet pattern more.

Firemind

If Ugin is a dragon, I'm an orc.

I always thought wurms were green's iconic creature, since hydras were actually more common in red. Treefolk PWs like Multani would be rad. Hydras are boring as hell.

I still like the idea of a multi-walker Planeswalker card that we were speculating on a while back. I def think it's a thing they'll do at some point.

G.ZZZ

Hadn't seen this posted:

Y97Ieql.jpg

Each vampire creature card you own that isn't on the battlefield has Madness. Its Madness cost is equal to its mana cost. (If you discard a card with Madness, you may play it for its madness cost instead of putting it into your graveyard.)

1cmc 2/1 red creature with no drawbacks, hnnnnnnggggg.

Cute, but in older formats the only vampire i see this giving madness to is itself. Which isn't that bad, but a 2/1 for R is just so bad nowadays when things like Goblin Guide and Monastery BalancedSpear exist.

I still like the idea of a multi-walker Planeswalker card that we were speculating on a while back. I def think it's a thing they'll do at some point.

Really disliked that idea.

If Ugin is a dragon, I'm an orc.

I always thought wurms were green's iconic creature, since hydras were actually more common in red. Treefolk PWs like Multani would be rad. Hydras are boring as hell.

It's kinda in the name, does that make you an Uruk hai. Green gotta have something better than big thing for lots of mana. It'd actually be interesting if you could make an iconic creature type out of something more midrangey.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";198368423]A Hydra planeswalker would be so cool, though. You could definitely play around with some new ideas.

145802530950528105s3r.png
[/QUOTE]

And that's why you have to specify nontoken.

red13th

Oh my, I love that 2/1 Vampire. Instant add, cutting Monastery Swiftspear for it.
Art is so good in this set too I love basically everything.

Santiako

Hadn't seen this posted:

Y97Ieql.jpg

Each vampire creature card you own that isn't on the battlefield has Madness. Its Madness cost is equal to its mana cost. (If you discard a card with Madness, you may play it for its madness cost instead of putting it into your graveyard.)

1cmc 2/1 red creature with no drawbacks, hnnnnnnggggg.

Man, and I used to win tourneys with Jackal Pups.

E1gr6M8.jpg

V_Arnold

I want to build a standard deck that is going to be revolving around Nahiri :p
She is my new favorite, and I hope she wont be in the 40-50$ range for MTGO. I am hoping for a $10-15 start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom