• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering - Shadows over Innistrad |OT| Blue's Clues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiako

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201631738]I was shaky on 1. It's not like the 2nd one is very good.[/QUOTE]

Finkel is playing it with Dark Petition so he can loop them, if the game goes long the engine is insane.

Finkel is playing it with Dark Petition so he can loop them, if the game goes long the engine is insane.

Is he playing Mindwracks and Gather the Pack or something? I didn't see his list but your graveyard gets pretty cleaned up by the first Season's Past.

Ever After and Den Pro + Pulse are more consistent loops, I'm just not seeing it.

edit: Now Crush of Tentacles off Dark Petition is what I want to see.

Santiako

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201632234]Is he playing Mindwracks and Gather the Pack or something? I didn't see his list but your graveyard gets pretty cleaned up by the first Season's Past.

Ever After and Den Pro + Pulse are more consistent loops, I'm just not seeing it.

edit: Now Crush of Tentacles off Dark Petition is what I want to see.[/QUOTE]

I know he's playing duresses and nissa's renewal main, but I wasn't around to see the match so I don't know the deck.

kirblar

One nice thing about Wheel of Sun and Moon - it's only a 2x, mayyyyyybe a 3x in any deck that wants it in the board. ( I think a diversified option is probably better than the third most of the time tho.)

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201632234]Is he playing Mindwracks and Gather the Pack or something? I didn't see his list but your graveyard gets pretty cleaned up by the first Season's Past.

edit: Now Crush of Tentacles off Dark Petition is what I want to see.[/QUOTE]

He wasn't using Past in some sort of graveyard value shell, he's playing a lot of control and repeatedly fetching back a full grip of removal. Flip Nissa, manlands and a ton of control/removal are what I remember seeing. He'd clear the board, attack with Hissing Wastes and then Seasons Past when he needed to clear the board again.

It just seems like the past 4 or 5 Pro Tours team CFB has the coolest deck on camera. Rabble Red, UR Artifacts, Esper Dragons, colorless Eldrazi.

Whereas the Pantheon always has some super clean midrange deck. Bw Devotion, Jeskai Black. Really shows off the personalities of the two teams.

Crocodile

LSV casts Collected Company

Stream freezes

I refresh and they've moved on to a new match

tumblr_m6nzqqsMyt1qd5ba5.jpg

Crocodile

GB Aristocrats is fucking sick. Aristocrat decks in general seem to always be sick. I t feels WOTC has made a concerted effort to make that a mainstay of most Standard environments for several years running now.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I love how when they panned over to Brad Nelson's game, you know exactly which player he was, even though they didn't show names or faces for like a minute.

It looks like Filipe had Lightning Axe + Fall of the Titans in his hand? He could have killed Avacyn, the knight token and gideon all at once?

Instead he uses his sweeper for one creature and a token and lets gideon attack him.

Ashodin

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";201643364]It looks like Filipe had Lightning Axe + Fall of the Titans in his hand? He could have killed Avacyn, the knight token and gideon all at once?

Instead he uses his sweeper for one creature and a token and lets gideon attack him.[/QUOTE]
These misplays bruh

I chalk it up to people forgetting how fall works

Yeef

That Avacyn top deck was amazing, but also sort of heartbreaking. Calcano had to put in so much work to stabilize and turn things around and then just when it looked like he'd done it; NOPE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom