• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyder_ur

Wow, that press conference was insane. Doesn't inspire a whole lot of confidence. I'm really doubting if the T will be open tomorrow.

And she hasn't even talked to Baker? Weird...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
MBTA rails will be operational tomorrow, on a reduced schedule; i.e., it will be hell.

Mully

Sat-Sun storm looks like it's shaping up to be a big one, according to the accuweather dude. US & Euro models are almost in agreement.

The latest runs are still far apart from each other, but both are trending further south which could mean more snow for the East Coast.

I should have mentioned this earlier when I created this thread nearly a month ago, but these aren't predictions. They're model discussions. These are the trends being depicted on the last few model runs. Once we get within 36 hours we'll know whether the President's Day Storm is for real.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Did anyone have to deal with the red line today? Going from Quincy to downtown was taking 3+ hours due to the lack of shuttles. Un-fucking-believable.

I almost felt bad when my co-workers asked how my commute was. The ever-resilient green line got me to and from work in pretty much the same time as it ever does.

Mesoian

I got to the commuter rail station this morning before seeing that there was an hour and a half delay on all trains. Just took an Uber to work.

The MBTA is not ready for more snow on Thursday. They are surely not ready for more snow on Sunday.

MattyG

Banned
So I guess we're getting 18-24 inches here in Maine? We already have a metric fuckton of snow, STAHP. I really hope we don't lose the power.

TheContact

Got more snow but problem is there's nowhere to put it anymore. The streets have become one ways and it's an environmental concern to transfer the snow because it's loaded with poisonous ice melt and salt. Plus it's windy as fuck

YZ3L6Vt.jpg

Holy shit.
Stay inside.

So I guess we're getting 18-24 inches here in Maine? We already have a metric fuckton of snow, STAHP. I really hope we don't lose the power.

meh, totally over-hyped. The system fell apart out at sea.
We only got 1-2 inches here in Maine, forecasters predicted 18 inches. lol.
We may get about 4 inches more today, but this was tame. All those parking bans and closures for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom