• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Tomorrow morning is going to be rough. The snow didn't stop until after sunset, so I'm not expecting that sidewalks are going to be cleared at all.

Macattk15

it has been like a ghost town outside by window all day

xlYb8MW.jpg

Bridgeport, CT

Old Read's building?

Mully

From reddit

k0WNapV.jpg

B line shut down as trains cant go up hill
Braintree line shut down due to frozen rail
Possibly entire red line shut due to inability to cross the river
Orange and blue, 30 minute delays
All commuter rail lines, multiple trains cancelled

Silver line.....running just fine.

Silver Line is the bus service from Logan right? How is that line?

Mesoian

Boston did a shit job managing the weather last night. Everything is a mess, almost nothing is plowed. Trains are late or off. Buses are MIA.

Neighbor left a shitty note on my car for taking his spot when he took MY FUCKING SPOT that I paid 50 dollars to get dug out. I don't want to fucking hear it. People are itchin' for a fight today.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Hopefully none of you have to commute into the city tomorrow from the suburbs. It's going to be nuts with the parade and the subway delays (red line specifically). I have a short ride on the C line but I can't imagine it'll be impacted too much.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
It snows every god damn sunday monday and tuesday in nyc for the last 3 weeks

vatstep

Well, looks like another three day weekend then.
It'd be nice, but I'm not counting on it. Even if we get another 12" or more of snow (seems likely at this point), it's going to be over the course of three full days, so conditions aren't likely to be bad enough at any point to call for closings, etc.

Looks like another round is approaching for New England - 16 more inches in my area by Monday they say. My driveway looks like the Grand Canyon right now.

vatstep

The forecasts are getting worse and worse. Boston is looking at 18-24" by Tuesday due to ocean effect snow, with the brunt of it coming late Sunday through Monday PM (so cancellations are quite likely), followed by another possible storm later in the week and "unthinkable cold" as one meteorologist put it.

:(

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Pff, we've been in the -16Fs here for some time this year. There were days I couldn't feel my thighs by the time I got to work.

Another work from home day for me today. Snow coming down at a pretty good clip here in Boston.

My productivity will be so much better in the office since I won't have to go through a laggy Remote Desktop...

ALso:

B9aytPXCAAAFfVl.png

vatstep

Another work from home day for me today. Snow coming down at a pretty good clip here in Boston.

My productivity will be so much better in the office since I won't have to go through a laggy Remote Desktop...

ALso:

B9aytPXCAAAFfVl.png
I'm off today, and hoping that we'll be closed again tomorrow as well. This shit isn't going to stop until overnight; getting anywhere in the morning is going to be hopeless.

I did my "walking" errands over the weekend with the expectation that I will not be able to do so again for a long while. Watertown has done a terrible job of clearing sidewalks, even on main roads. I was walking in the street most of the way, but luckily it seems like most drivers understood that there's nothing else I could really do. Chestnut Hill and Newton were a bit better.

NateDrake

ALso:

B9aytPXCAAAFfVl.png

Some early models had as much as 10in of snow for Central CT coming Thurs-Friday. Way too early for accumulation to be discussed but we could be seeing another significant storm by the end of the week. Plus, we get frigid temps on Friday.

Culex

Banned
Some early models had as much as 10in of snow for Central CT coming Thurs-Friday. Way too early for accumulation to be discussed but we could be seeing another significant storm by the end of the week. Plus, we get frigid temps on Friday.

I work in north-central Ct and we already have 8 inches today. Insane how this winter went from 0 snow to nearly 40 inches in 3 weeks.

Dicer

Banned
There is no place to put this shit anymore, and the ice/icele situation is getting downright deadly...

I've been attempting to clear mine but the neighbors haven't and someone is gonna get clipped

The governor failed to call an emergency so people went to work.

Now the MBTA decided theyve had enough and will close at 7pm (except for key buses)

This is what the red line commute looks like:

B9aPzCfIAAIergE.jpg

Mully

Boston may have three more significant snow threats over the next ten days. We'll see if they pan out as we get closer.

Prezhulio

No t tomorrow either, apparently.

Crazy, never thought I'd get snow days as a working adult, but also never really thought Id see nearly 5ft of snow in the ground.

dkeane

It's insane outside. I shoveled my 2 parking spots 4 times today.
I'm a bit west of Boston.

State of Emergency declared by the governor.

faint.

I live in South Boston and am patiently waiting for UMass Boston to close (again). I've yet to have a Monday class since the semester started. This is crazy.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
I want a snowstorm of epicness like 3 feet to hit the new york city area so I can fight crime in the snow

I live in South Boston and am patiently waiting for UMass Boston to close (again). I've yet to have a Monday class since the semester started. This is crazy.

I haven't gone into the office on Monday for three weeks including today, and it'll be four next Monday because I actually get President's Day off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom