• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major East Coast Storm to Hit Mid-Atlantic and New England Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
The T being shut down ALL DAY tomorrow is fucking insane. Wow. I was not expecting that.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Wait, The T is shut down all day Tuesday? That is pretty much a wash for work then.
Yup... I'm just waiting for official word that we're closed, but I think it's a foregone conclusion for a college in the city. Can't imagine any schools being open.

spyder_ur

Yup... I'm just waiting for official word that we're closed, but I think it's a foregone conclusion for a college in the city. Can't imagine any schools being open.

Yup I work for a university in Cambridge. Screw it, MIT.

Edit: Yup, just got notice. Time to shovel a bit and then start drinking, right?

vatstep

B9cTzcPCIAABMMR.png

Wag

I need to go food shopping and laundry eventually. One of these days I'll need to dig out my car, go to work and do stuff.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
give me a storm that drops 3 feet of snow in the nyc area. BRING IT BRING IT.

Holy crap, 70 inches in 17 days or so is insane! I go to Boston often but have postponed it in the next two weeks. I got out Monday morning of the first storm so I'm glad my plane was able to make it.

But I need to see all this snow when I come back soon. How long will this stay on the ground before it all melts? A month?

Meanwhile in Georgia, 70 degrees + with a thunderstorm... not sure which is better.
the thunderstorm

Brother lives outside the Boston area though, crazy weather but they are all supplied up in his small town.

Ondore

I'm up in Nova Scotia and we get everything Boston gets a day later... so that big nor'easter plows into us on Friday. Of course.

Stay warm, Boston. And Atlanta, we'll borrow that 70 anytime you want.

Worcester is the snowiest city in the US. It blows. I believe we're looking at 90 inches this winter, but ~75 of them have fallen since January 27th.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...his-season-gets-pounded-by-another-noreaster/

I really don't have much more room to put the snow.

I haven't dug my car out all weekend. We got like 16"+ here in Natick. lol

I work in Natick, but live in Worcester. How are the roads around there? We probably got about 12 - 16 today, but I just went out at like 8:30 and the roads weren't great, but weren't bad. I'm sure if more people were on them they'd be worse.

One person was killed in an accident involving several vehicles on the southbound New Jersey Turnpike near mile marker 71, a State Police spokesman said Monday.

The accident occurred around 9:11 p.m. and involved more than 15 vehicles, including four tractor-trailers, a fully loaded bus and two box trucks. All southbound lanes were closed, Sgt. Jeff Flynn said.

Flynn did not have a precise count on how many people were hurt, stating there were "multiple injuries".

A spokesman for the NJ Turnpike Authority, Tom Feeney, told News 4 New York that there were two separate incidents, one on the outer roadway and another on the inner roadway.

About 15 passenger cars were involved in an accident on the inner roadway and a total of seven trucks, a bus and more cars in an accident on the outer roadway, the Turnpike Authority said. The speed limit had been reduced to 35 mph from Interchange 6 to Exit 12, Feeney said.

http://www.nj.com/middlesex/index.s...cident_blocks_traffic_on_turnpike_in_cra.html

Mesoian

Loving the three or four day work weeks. Hating the shoveling that comes with it.

Fucking word.

I'm probably just going to hire someone to dig me out this time. There's too much snow. Its nearly as much as the first massive snow storm we got a week ago.

I'm actually getting a little worried about the snow collection on the roof of our deck. There's a LOT up there and I cant imagine how much it weighs now.

Wag

The roads suck in Natick. I live on a main road and it's like they totally ran out of money already. No sand or salt or anything. As soon as you get into Framingham or Wellesley the roads are much better.

vatstep

It's midday and there's still no guarantee that the MBTA rails will be operational on Wednesday. Holy shit. Did anyone see the press conference with the GM? It was kind of nuts.
Also, she refers to herself in the third person.

Penguin

I hate it

We don't get anywhere near enough to stay home

But we get the crap that I hate traveling in

My neighborhood is still iced over from last week!

dramatis

I'd rather have a real snowstorm than these half-baked things that pass over NYC and leave a layer of ice, and then pass over again and leave another layer of ice on top of the ice. Can't go outside to toss the garbage without wondering if I will slip and fall on my bum. Shoveling ice is a bigger pain than shoveling snow...

Penguin

I'd rather have a real snowstorm than these half-baked things that pass over NYC and leave a layer of ice, and then pass over again and leave another layer of ice on top of the ice. Can't go outside to toss the garbage without wondering if I will slip and fall on my bum. Shoveling ice is a bigger pain than shoveling snow...

Exactly!

Real snowstorm or don't bother, Weather Wizard!

Dear potential end of week storm: please don't arrive until Friday, so I can pick up the N3DS at midnight and play Majora's Mask all day during the storm.

It's midday and there's still no guarantee that the MBTA rails will be operational on Wednesday. Holy shit. Did anyone see the press conference with the GM? It was kind of nuts.
Also, she refers to herself in the third person.

That press conference was awesome. She was on fire

vatstep

I wonder how many people are gonna be able to get to the Bruins game tonight (in light of no subway service), and if the team will do anything for people with tickets that can't go. Sucks for them.

Also, just an FYI that Mayor Walsh will be holding a press conference at 3:00.

dkeane

Just had a 20minutes bitch-fest with coworkers about all the snow. People are starting to crack around here.
Roads were garbage this morning. I wish I could just get outside and go for a walk.

I need to see the conference of the MBTA chief. Heard it was nutty.

NateDrake

Models seem to be coming into somewhat an agreement with the strongest stuff staying out to sea come Thursday. Could still see a few inches of snow with sites like Accuweather predicting 4-6in for eastern New England (basically what you see on the map in the OP).

Sunday's storm could be much stronger with more intense wind. Way too far out to be concerned about.

Mully

Latest models have the Thursday event going out to sea, with a small to moderate storm in New England.

The models have been trending east for the past few days. Only a few ensembles have a major storm hitting the Boston area.

What happens Thursday will dictate what the Saturday, Sunday storm will do.

NateDrake

Latest models have the Thursday event going out to sea, with a small to moderate storm in New England.

The models have been trending east for the past few days. Only a few ensembles have a major storm hitting the Boston area.

What happens Thursday will dictate what the Saturday, Sunday storm will do.

Yesterday the EURO had the Thursday storm more or less where it is today but had New England getting destroyed this weekend. Has that changed?

vatstep

I wish I could just get outside and go for a walk.
That's one of the worst parts of all of this. Generally, the winter sucks for being outside, but these sidewalks — when they're like a foot wide and barely cleared and you're stuck behind some slow-ass person — are unbearable. I do a lot of walking, both for commuting and to stay active, and have had to curtail much of it because it's such a bitch, and it's obviously gonna be like this for weeks and WEEKS. I'm probably gonna gain weight because all I'm doing is laying on the couch and avoiding going anywhere. It doesn't help that I "celebrated" National Pizza Day and a fifth snow day last night...

I could normally exist day-to-day without the MBTA, as I prefer to avoid it and go by foot whenever possible, but not in these conditions. It's impossible.

Ours has been broken for the past three storms. :(

Thursday makes six snowstorms in three weeks. Fucking ridiculous.

I managed to fix it! It was just a snapped idler spring, looks like a fairly common problem on Ariens and they've since started using new springs. Was looking at a 2 week wait if I had it serviced, so I'm psyched I was able to do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom