• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Fuuuucking horrible. This really hits me. I feel so extremely sad for the families. R.I.P. :'(

Also can we please stop blaming certain parties as guilty ones as long it isn't confirmed yet?

A

Doesn't even matter who pulled the trigger. This conflict only exits because of Russia. Fuck them.

Ding II

So it's pretty much certain that Russia provided this weapon to the separatists. No other explanation.

<Roll eyes> Of course there are other explanations. First and foremost, the rebels openly claimed to have captured this weapon from the Ukrainians a couple weeks ago.

I think the question of: "Where did the expertise required to successfully fire this weapon come from?" is more interesting.

Fixed1979

CBC said:
Ukraine's Foreign Ministry says it will present evidence of Russian military involvement into the #Malaysian airline crash. #cbcnews

There's going to be a lot of back and forth on this, and you can call me a pessimist, but besides a lot of talking I would be shocked if anything actually changes.

Dr.Acula

Banned
As far as I have been able to research:

1. Strelkov has no official "FB" profile, and account that has been quoted is not official.
2. There has been another AN 26 shot down, just before the MH17 crash.

I don't know what blows me away more, that a terrorist would have a Facebook, or that a terrorist hasn't bothered to make his Facebook "official."

Drakeon

<Roll eyes> Of course there are other explanations. First and foremost, the rebels openly claimed to have captured this weapon from the Ukrainians a couple weeks ago.

I think the question of: "Where did the expertise required to successfully fire this weapon come from?" is more interesting.

What expertise? If they had expertise, they wouldn't have shot down a fucking passenger airplane.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is LifeNews based in Russia?

I thought that Putin basically controlled all the news networks in Russia. It's surprising he wouldn't order them to stop reporting on this, as it's potentially very damaging for the Russian government...

"The BUK stops here"

Awful news, RIP to all those who perished from the attack. This is very likely to elicit a NATO response, at least more sanctions on Russia; the Donetsk Republic will probably lose the ground it's gained in the aftermath, too.

Az

This thread is quite hostile. Remember guys, news are spreading all over the internet, people react to them. Stupid things get said, people ask old questions and will post unreliable sources. Let's try to keep it civil.

I'm confused how some of those bodies arent burnt up? you can clearly see their clothes etc are fine. I seen the fireball video.

I wish I didnt click that live stream.

RIP

PersonaX

How can you make such a mistake that you accidentaly shoot down a massive civilian aircraft? what kind of backwoods shit are they using that they can't spot the difference?

Dr.Acula

Banned
I get where you're coming from but I'm not sorry for not jumping on 'Blame the rebels/Russia' bandwagon until it is fully investigated.

What about the rebels claiming responsibility and then subsequently deleting/denying the claims only after the target was revealed to be civilian?

What expertise? If they had expertise, they wouldn't have shot down a fucking passenger airplane.

I doubt operating these missiles is like pulling the trigger on a gun.

GBG

Banned
I'd be hugely surprised if there were 23 Yanks on board. Sounds to me like someone is trying to get the Americans wound up. Most likely full of Asians and Europeans and maybe a few Aussies (transferring home via KL).

Dreaver

Imagine someone doing that in Western media.....
I'm sorry but this is going wayyyyy too far....

I saw him opening a few passports and browsing them including names, photos, I've seen quite some shocking material on the internet, but this was on a whole other level for me.

Seriously the link isn't just nsfw, it's really heavy material IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom