• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it isn't.

There is no point in kicking Russia out (you can't anyway). Its a place to all issues, even unrelated to this stuff.

I am not talking about BRIC itself, I am talking about the BRIC bank that was created yesterday, especially with the Brazilian president under fire after the whole World Cup mess.

Sayter

I would imagine they lock down during any serious global incident if only to discuss the situation going forward before opening the floor to discussion with the public. Not like we can avoid being affected by this after all.

Oh it was a package left unattended? Damnit UPS
6495b267_ups-delivery-middle-finger-package-throw-1352474599B.gif

Lol! Actually needed a laugh today. Thanks.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Probably already translated, my rough transcript of the terrorist conversation:

A: terrorist leader "Bes" (Devil)
B: his GRU chief

A: Shot down a plane just now. Group "Minera". Fell down near Enakievo.
B: Pilots, where are the pilots?
A: We're going to the crash site to take photos, still smoking.
B: How many minutes ago?
A: 30 minutes or so.

Two terrorists talking:

C: Yes, "Mayor"!
D: So, "chernuhin" brigade shot down the plane, from Chernuhin block-post. Cossacks, who are located there.
D: Plane broke up in air, near Petropavlovsk mine. Found first 200 (code for dead person), civilian.
C: What's going on there?
D: 100% civilian plane.
C: Lots of people there?
D: Holy shit, plane fragments fell on houses.
C: Type of plane?
D: Still working on that, haven't been near main part. Looking where first bodies started to drop.
D: Parts of plane, seats, bodies.
C: Any weapons?
D: Nope, civilian stuff, medicine, towels, toilet paper.
C: Any documents?
D: Yes, Indonesian student, from Thompson University.

Two other terrorists talking:

E: About this plane, shot down near Snezhnoy - Torez. Appers it's civilian plane. Fell down near Grabovo, sea of bodies, women, children. Cossacks are inspecting it.
E: TV is saying it looks like AN-26, ukrainian, transport, but Malaysian Airways are written on it. What was it doing on Ukraine's territory?
F: Transporting spies. No need to fly here, in the war zone.

Sorry, just catching up on this thread - where is this from?

Jme

Are we 100% sure this phone conversation is legit, and not staged propaganda?
Just playing devil's advocate, not taking sides. Just strikes me as odd that the Ukraine secret service would publish something like this SO quickly.

RIP to dead and my condolences to the families of the deceased.

The thread is taking a rather Euro-focused turn though, do we have an overall nationality breakdown for the deceased?

What's the count for the Malaysians onboard?

You'd think that there'd be more Malaysian participation in this thread, all I'm seeing is European and US GAF commenting on the crash. It is another Malaysian Airlines incident after all.

I think the rebels know that they're fucked right now. I guess they'll loose any support that they had.

Guy on CNN said that the BUK the rebels had was captured from a Ukrainian military base. Any info on that? If so that would be good because if they would have got that shit from russia that would mean heavy trouble. But still, stupid move from russia to support those idiots in the first place

The thread is taking a rather Euro-focused turn though, do we have an overall nationality breakdown for the deceased? What's the count for the Malaysians onboard?

You'd think that there'd be more Malaysian participation in this thread, all I'm seeing is European and US GAF commenting on the crash.

A) GAF is mostly American and European
B) It's 4 AM in Malaysia

Joni

The thread is taking a rather Euro-focused turn though, do we have an overall nationality breakdown for the deceased? What's the count for the Malaysians onboard?

You'd think that there'd be more Malaysian participation in this thread, all I'm seeing is European and US GAF commenting on the crash. It is another Malaysian Airlines crash after all.
Time zones.

potam

Banned

You'd think that there'd be more Malaysian participation in this thread, all I'm seeing is European and US GAF commenting on the crash. It is another Malaysian Airlines crash after all.

It's 4:11 AM in Malaysia.

Serra

I am not talking about BRIC itself, I am talking about the BRIC bank that was created yesterday, especially with the Brazilian president under fire after the whole World Cup mess.
Oh, ok. Yeah its all a mess but I don't see it collapsing now.

Just playing devil's advocate, not taking sides. Just strikes me as odd that the Ukraine secret service would publish something like this SO quickly.

Yeah, that is fucking fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5E8kDo2n6g

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
17.04.2014 year 16:20

Terrorists from group "Besa"
(citizen of Russia I.Bezler)
from Russian AAC was shut down civilian air plane "Boing-777"
"Mailasian Airlines"
flight Amsterdam - Kuala-Lumpur
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16:40 "Bes" (demon) reported about shut down air plane to his curator
Col. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Intelligence_Directorate_(Russia)

Geranin Vasiliy Nikolaivich

-Right now we take down air plane. Group "Minera". It falls near Inakievo.
-Airmen, where is airmen?
-Moved to crash side for searching and photographing crashed air plane. It's smokes.
-How long ago?
-Near 30 minutes.

After they observed crash side terrorists concluded that they take down civil air plane

- Yes Major.
-So this is "Chernuhinskie" taked down air plane. From Chernuhinsk block-post. Those Kazaks on Chernuhino.
-Oh my god
-Plane crumbled in the air, near Petroplavlovsk mine. First 200 (NOTE: mail 200 means dead man. All who died in battle send in coffin with tag 200, so they refereed for first victim they found). We found first 200. He is civilian.
-Well, what have you got there
-Well, it is 100% civilian plain
-Ok, how many people?
- F**ck. Chips falls right in to the peoples yards
-What plane was?
-I don't know, as I wasn't near main part. I only near place, where is first bodies start falling. There is parts of brackets, saddles, bodies.
-Any weapons?
-Nothing. Civilians stuff, medical parts, towel, toilet paper.
-Any documents?
-Yes. Indonesia student, from Thompson university blya,

-About this aircraft, that was shut down near Snejnoe - Torez. It was civilian air plane. It crashed near Grabov, there is loads of dead bodies of women and children. Now cozaks looking at this stuff.
-According to TV, it was AN-26, Ukrainian transoprt airplane, but saying airplane has text "Mailazia airlines". What he was doing on Ukrainian territory?
-So that mean it (plain) imported spies. Nehui (I don't know how to translate it, but intonation and altitude it was like they are guilty for being shut.) flying, there is war going on.
-Understood.

HoosTrax

Ahhh, I was wondering why I had never heard of the "BUK" SAM launcher until today. Just found out that it's the Russian name for the Gadfly (in NATO parlance).

D: So, "chernuhin" brigade shot down the plane, from Chernuhin block-post. Cossacks, who are located there.
D: Plane broke up in air, near Petropavlovsk mine. Found first 200 (code for dead person), civilian.
D: Still working on that, haven't been near main part. Looking where first bodies started to drop.

C sounds a little dense.

It's a civilian plane!
"any weapons?!"
uhm... no... civilian stuff..?
"any documents???!"

linkboy

I'm normally against military intervention, but a future drone attack against the rebels' BUK wouldn't be the most insane thing to do.

It won't accomplish much. The US does not need to get involved with military invervention.

Using military force against Russia won't amount to shit and Putin knows it, which is why all of this is happening in the first place.

JonnyBrad

The thread is taking a rather Euro-focused turn though, do we have an overall nationality breakdown for the deceased?

What's the count for the Malaysians onboard?

You'd think that there'd be more Malaysian participation in this thread, all I'm seeing is European and US GAF commenting on the crash. It is another Malaysian Airlines incident after all.

It's 4am in KL.

FStop7

Banned
I just don't think there will be justice for this. Everyone's terrified of antagonizing Russia. We let them take South Ossetia, we let them take Crimea, we'll let the separatists get away with this because they're under Russia's wing.

Sayter

Your concern is normal. However, the Ukrainians would have the tech to intercept such communication. And they probably want to get as much evidence out there so they can show the world this conflict has gone on for too long and needs to end now.

MikeDown

Banned
Probably already translated, my rough transcript of the terrorist conversation:

A: terrorist leader "Bes" (Devil)
B: his GRU chief

A: Shot down a plane just now. Group "Minera". Fell down near Enakievo.
B: Pilots, where are the pilots?
A: We're going to the crash site to take photos, still smoking.
B: How many minutes ago?
A: 30 minutes or so.

Two terrorists talking:

Two other terrorists talking:

E: About this plane, shot down near Snezhnoy - Torez. Appers it's civilian plane. Fell down near Grabovo, sea of bodies, women, children. Cossacks are inspecting it.
E: TV is saying it looks like AN-26, ukrainian, transport, but Malaysian Airways are written on it. What was it doing on Ukraine's territory?

Thanks for translation, that last comment though...

Anth1888

Britain have called for an emergency UN Security Council meeting on Ukraine

Eurocontrol says MH17 plane was flying in open airspace but about 1,000 feet above a closed section of airspace, Eastern Ukrainian airspace is now closed.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Jon Ostrower, Wall Street Journal:

Intel Detected Surface Missile Launch, Tracked Explosion of #MH17, Official Says

Full story posting soon

Fxp

Your concern is normal. However, the Ukrainians would have the tech to intercept such communication. And they probably want to get as much evidence out there so they can show the world this conflict has gone on for too long and needs to end now.

Can't say for sure, but they intercepted and published a lot of terrorist conversations before.

Serra

I just don't think there will be justice for this. Everyone's terrified of antagonizing Russia. We let them take South Ossetia, we let them take Crimea, we'll let the separatists get away with this because they're under Russia's wing.

If it was the seperatists, everyone, including Russia will crack down. Especially if there were any chinese citizens on the plane.

potam

Banned
Here's an alternate translation from reddit of that last part. Makes the guys seem less apathetic and dumb:

1:52: About that plane shot down near Snezhnovo Torez. It turned out to be a passenger plane. Fell near Grabovo, there's lots of bodies, women and children. Right now the cossacks are inspecting it.
2:03: On TV they are saying AN-26, Ukrainian transport, but are saying it's labeled Malaysian Airlines.
2:12: What was it doing in Ukrainian territory?
2:16: Maybe it was transporting spies. Who knows. It's war.

jts

...hate me...
This is just fucked up big time. Holy shit. FUCK RUSSIA. I wish the damn thing could just be nuked out of orbit, sparing only the good people and spreading them around the world.

Monocle

Senseless. Absolutely sickening.

Quick, we need a drone strike to take out the dozens of spies hiding in this guy's shadow. Just blast the general area around him to take out the spies. The spies he is concealing, in the war zone.

Serra

This is just fucked up big time. Holy shit. FUCK RUSSIA. I wish the damn thing could just be nuked out of orbit, sparing only the good people and spreading them around the world.

A tag quote would be quite appropriate here.

JCizzle

The other side to that is in today's world, the longer you sit on stuff, the longer you let Twitter, CNN and everything else dictate the narrative and develop wild theories just to fill time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom