• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

GC|Simon

Found this on Twitter, I have no idea if the source is good:

fuckme9hr37.png

If this is true: Kill them. Kill them all. With as much pain as possible.

FeD.nL

Ooggetuigen: Straaljagers gezien voor crash
BEWAAR

Door: redactie
17-7-14 - 22:10 bron: ANP
© belga.
Ooggetuigen meldden dat er gevechtsvliegtuigen in de lucht te zien waren, voordat het vliegtuig van Malaysia Airlines verongelukte. Dat meldt het Russische persbureau RIA Novosti.
'Het vliegtuig schoot enkele raketten af die in de lucht explodeerden. Meteen daarna was er een grote knal of explosie. Na een paar seconden vielen brokstukken naar beneden', aldus een van de getuigen.

Het vliegtuig kan volgens experts alleen zijn neergehaald met professioneel luchtafweergeschut of gevechtsvliegtuigen. Separatisten in het oosten van Oekraïne hebben mogelijk de beschikking over luchtafweergeschut, maar niet over vliegtuigen.
Lees ook
source

Short summary:

Eyewitnesses report seeing a fighter jet before the explosion that fired some missles. There was a huge explosion and a couple of seconds later the wreckage came crashing down.

The separatist have acces missle systems but not acces to fighter jets.

I cannot even fathom that it is still unclear who was on board of the flight. There have to be passenger lists, aren't there?

DNR already found info about them:

"-So that mean it (plain) imported spies. Nehui (I don't know how to translate it, but intonation and altitude it was like they are guilty for being shut.) flying, there is war going on."

potam

Banned
source

Short summary:

Eyewitnesses report seeing a fighter jet before the explosion that fired some missles. There was a huge explosion and a couple of seconds later the wreckage came crashing down.

Wouldn't someone have been monitoring that airspace and be able to confirm whether or not there was a fighter there?

Acorn

I just don't think there will be justice for this. Everyone's terrified of antagonizing Russia. We let them take South Ossetia, we let them take Crimea, we'll let the separatists get away with this because they're under Russia's wing.
Yes we should end the planet instead.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I'm sure Putin won't mind an international effort to disarm the militants in eastern Ukraine after this, right?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's so bizarre to me how hard it is to confirm this. Airline should have instant access to info on who boarded

They would but won't make public until the families of the dead are informed. So in the meantime journalists will try to find info on the make-up of the passenger list through sources etc.

So sad.... This planet and the greedy ass people that inhabit it are fucking ruining it! My thoughts and prayers to those that were affected.

Innocent children (and adults) dying over fucking nonsense!

_woLf

The fact that Russian media and seemingly their government is trying to say Ukraine did it and not rebels for either side makes me think this won't really end well.

SuperSah

Banned
It's time Britain and America stepped in.

This is a crime against humanity and those involved must pay for what they have done.

It's fucked up beyond belief.

And what do you propose they do exactly?

offer all necessary resources to find out what brought the plane down and by who's hands. Then get with the UN Security Council and figure out appropriate next steps based on who the culprit appears to be.

source

Short summary:

*Incredibly* unlikely.

Unlike simple missile defense systems, modern warplanes actually do have systems sophisticated enough to verify the make and model of an unknown plane. There is quite literally no way a fighter pilot targets and fires on a commercial liner by accident, and I refuse to believe a pilot would shoot down a passenger liner. It's not happening.

Further, we have audio evidence linking rebels with the incident, Pentagon confirmation of a SAM that was tracked, and commentary from other people on the ground confirming a surface to air launch.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's highly, highly unlikely that a fighter jet had anything to do with this. Based on the overwhelming evidence that points to a SAM attack.

I'm Malaysian. Can't think of anything to post though...

My thoughts go out to your countrymen/women who are affected in the incident.

Hopefully your national government and its leaders will be better equipped to deal with this aviation incident this time around, it was rather incoherent for the previous one this year.

What I would like to know is: Did airlines know about that cargo plane that got shot down this week? If so, wouldn't it be kind of risky to still use that route even if you know that airplanes get shot down by the rebels. Just saying, I don't want to judge anybody for that. Just what I would do if I would have known about that cargo airplane.

Chariot

Found this on Twitter, I have no idea if the source is good:

fuckme9hr37.png

If this is true: Kill them. Kill them all. With as much pain as possible.
I don't know if I trust a twitter account with a name like "fuckkiev". Doesn't sound offical or calm, no matter the side it is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom