• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukuu

Banned
That's pretty much the END for the rebel offense. The whole fucking world, including russia, will put an end to this hand-in-hand.

From yesterday at BRICS
h0xmExN.jpg

Thats how likely it is

Yeah, I imagine that is now in serious jeopardy, or at least Russian participation is.

Chariot

If I have learned anything from Eve Online and fighting against russians for years, biza means bitch.
Thank you.

Probably already translated, my rough transcript of the terrorist conversation:

A: terrorist leader "Bes" (Devil)
B: his GRU chief

A: Shot down a plane just now. Group "Minera". Fell down near Enakievo.
B: Pilots, where are the pilots?
A: We're going to the crash site to take photos, still smoking.
B: How many minutes ago?
A: 30 minutes or so.

Two terrorists talking:

C: Yes, "Mayor"!
D: So, "chernuhin" brigade shot down the plane, from Chernuhin block-post. Cossacks, who are located there/
D: Plane broke up in air, near Petropavlovsk mine. Found first 200 (code for dead person), civilian.
C: What's going on there?
D: 100% civilian plane.
C: Lots of people there?
D: Holy shit, plane fragments fell on houses.
C: Type of plane?
D: Still working on that, haven't been near main part. Looking where first bodies started to drop.
D: Parts of plane, seats, bodies.
C: Any weapons?
D: Nope, civilian stuff, medicine, towels, toilet paper.
C: Any documents?
D: Yes, Indonedian student, from Thompson University.

Two other terrorists talking:

E: About this plane, shot down near Snezhnoy - Torez. Appers it's civilian plane. Fell down near Grabovo, sea of bodies, women, children. Cossacks are inspecting it.
E: TV is saying it looks like AN-26, ukrainian, transport, but Malaysian Airways are written on it. What was it doing on Ukraine's territory?
F: Transporting spies. No need to fly here, in the war zone.
And thank you for the translation. Seems clearly a deadly mistake from the rebels.
This is a good time for russia to bail and for the other nations to help the Ukraine. This civil war has to end and this could be a good chance.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

studyguy

I would imagine they lock down during any serious global incident if only to discuss the situation going forward before opening the floor to discussion with the public. Not like we can avoid being affected by this after all.

Oh it was a package left unattended? Damnit UPS
6495b267_ups-delivery-middle-finger-package-throw-1352474599B.gif

HoosTrax

Eh, as someone who lives in the DC area, idiot private pilots accidentally violating DC airspace and causing the alarms to get raised is not an uncommon occurrence. Also, a couple of weeks ago, some idiot working at the Treasury building tailgated the presidential limo into the restricted area around Pennsylvania Ave, prompting another incident. Also, last week, the Capitol was locked down over something similarly inconsequential.

GC|Simon

E: About this plane, shot down near Snezhnoy - Torez. Appers it's civilian plane. Fell down near Grabovo, sea of bodies, women, children. Cossacks are inspecting it.
E: TV is saying it looks like AN-26, ukrainian, transport, but Malaysian Airways are written on it. What was it doing on Ukraine's territory?
F: Transporting spies. No need to fly here, in the war zone.

Do those guys have a single fucking brain cell left? Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

AndyB1974

via BBC:
Breaking News: A pro-Russia rebel leader in east Ukraine says they are ready to call a ceasefire for several days to facilitate an investigation into the crash, according to reports

Serra

Guys, the White House goes on lockdown all the damn time.

Yeah, I imagine that is now in serious jeopardy, or at least Russian participation is.

No it isn't.

There is no point in kicking Russia out (you can't anyway). Its a place to all issues, even unrelated to this stuff.

Mr.Mike

via BBC:
Breaking News: A pro-Russia rebel leader in east Ukraine says they are ready to call a ceasefire for several days to facilitate an investigation into the crash, according to reports

The last time there was a "cease-fire" the rebels continued to attack Ukrainian forces, and the Ukrainians couldn't do anything about it because of political pressure to maintain the ceasefire by Germany, France etc.

The rebels have destroyed any trust Ukraine might have had in them to be able to maintain a ceasefire.

Neo C.

I'm normally against military intervention, but a future drone attack against the rebels' BUK wouldn't be the most insane thing to do.

mclem

Wow, they thought it was an AN-26 and shot it down.

This is what they had to say about it (the vid was originally uploaded as AN-26 shot down but changed to the Boeing with the addendum in the post)
As was declared in numerous times due to constant crimes committed by fascist Ukrainian aviation all territory of Donetsk and Luganks Peoples Repulbics are declared by local government as no-fly zone. Looks like this Boeing was see as military Ukrainan An-26 and thus was downed.

P.S. this video was updated as at the beginning was expected that this is a video of fascist Ukrainain An-26. Condolences to relatives of all passengers. But everyone should know, that violent crimes against humanity committed by Ukrainian government give full right to declare territory of Donetsk and Lugansk Peoples Republics as no fly zone.

I can't help but think that it's polite to actually *announce* that you're making such a declaration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom