• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purkake4

Banned
They just did a count, what I got was (I missed a few countries)

154 dutch
27 australians
6 uk
1 canadian
Horrible. I hope this helps convince the Dutch government (and the rest of Western Europe) to pay a bit more attention to what's happening in its back yard.

Did they just say separatists have stolen the black box or am I hearing this wrongly?
I think evidence will be severly tempered with so even if the two sides allow a 3rd party to investigate the site, they probably won't find good evidence.

Both sides will accuse each other.

UN etc. will condem this.

Putin will spin it to his advantage.

Same old power struggle now with 300 innocents dead.

Anth1888

154 Dutch
27 Australian
23 Malaysian
11 Indonesian
6 British
6 German
4 Belgian
3 Philp
1 Canadian

Rest unknown

15 crew - Malaysian

roytheone

I just heard one of the victims is from my home town. I don't know the person myself, but seeing that my town is quite small, the chance that I know somebody who DOES know the victim is pretty big :(

Zhengi

Yes it is. But when we punish drunk drivers, we punish the individual. We don't punish their company, which funded their ability to afford a car in the first place.

What if the company was the one that funded the alcohol that the driver drank and knowingly allowed the person to drive afterwards?

daveo42

Banned
Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 1m
#BREAKING: Russia's Putin says Kiev bears responsibility for crash of passenger plane because it was brought down in Ukraine: RIA

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/489875109340274688

Really Putin? What if they were the Russian backed rebels in the country? Besides, it came down on the boarder between Russia and Ukraine, which means that it could have come from either side of the boarder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom