• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serra

Oh, wow. I really did think that finally Putin would be forced to stop supporting the separatist. Instead he went the other way...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
2wzFajq.png

MikeDown

Banned
Reports are coming out that its being sent to Moscow. That's as good as destroying the evidence
If they are smart the Russians should pull an Obama and just say the boxes were lost in transit or something along those lines. Eventually the world will forget.

Zukuu

Banned
What is wrong with all these airheads lately? Every other fucking head of state is out of his mind. Putin was always a bit over the top, but REALLY...? That's kim jong un level of delusions.

commedieu

Banned
We should respect, trust and honor this man to avoid the nuclear war, right?

We have to. Nuclear weapons were the biggest mistake in the history of mistakes because of this very reason. It ruins diplomacy and makes it just "put up with it because they have nukes."

what, did you expect putin to be all like YEAH IT WAS US YOU CAUGHT US MY BAD.

No, say something like "This is a tragedy" or something. Instead, he is basically perpetuating the "cold Russian" stereotype. Granted, I think he is trying to foster it, but shit, this won't help him placate the diplomatic problems he is going to have with this.

Carn82

Horrible. I hope this helps convince the Dutch government (and the rest of Western Europe) to pay a bit more attention to what's happening in its back yard.

Well..that specific area is more than 2000km from here (Netherlands). Its the same distance as Libya. It would be the same thing if you live in Houston and should be really involved with things happening in Nicaragua.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You're right nukes it is.

No, there is not going to be a nuclear war. Because not even Putin is that nuts. And no one is going to war.

But Europe should kick herself in the balls and wake up and stop being so fucking dependent on Russia in the future.

And stop acting so damn offensive and like you know me and what I think. I have no love for American policy but I despise the Russian one even more because it is in Europe and pissing on this continent from inside.

Reports are coming out that its being sent to Moscow. That's as good as destroying the evidence

Idunno, maybe Russia will do the right thing and...

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 1m
#BREAKING: Russia's Putin says Kiev bears responsibility for crash of passenger plane because it was brought down in Ukraine: RIA

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/489875109340274688

...welp. RIP black box.

Doesn't every plain has several blackboxes? I doubt they knew where to search for all of them.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/03/11/289189214/what-would-it-take-to-destroy-a-black-box

I'm not sure. I've never heard of more than 2, and I can't imagine rebel forces not having secured any and all of them that may exist. Stakes are high and I have to believe that was communicated to the foot soldiers on the scene.

mlewis

Neo Member
He's right in a legal sense-as it's come down in Ukraine, it's legally their responsibility to primarily investigate. So Russia taking the flight data recorders, is by his own admission, unjustifiable.

Well..that specific area is more than 2000km from here (Netherlands). Its the same distance as Libya. It would be the same thing if you live in Houston and should be really involved with things happening in Nicaragua.
If 153 Americans were murdered in Nicaragua, I feel comfortable that the US would do something.

What I would like to know is: Did airlines know about that cargo plane that got shot down this week? If so, wouldn't it be kind of risky to still use that route even if you know that airplanes get shot down by the rebels. Just saying, I don't want to judge anybody for that. Just what I would do if I would have known about that cargo airplane.

This is a question that needs to be asked.

Acorn

No, there is not going to be a nuclear war. Because not even Putin is that nuts. And no one is going to war.

But Europe should kick herself in the balls and wake up and stop being so fucking dependent on Russia in the future.
You're advocating for "something" so it isn't war and it isn't diplomatic and economic actions. What is it then?

All I see is hot air and Europe is acutely aware of our reliance on Russian gas this isn't a new problem. It isn't something easily fixed either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom