• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessiej

Heads up guys!!

http://jimstonefreelance.com/flightradar.jpg

Flightradar24.com which is the defining site for flight HISTORY says MH17 was canceled and never departed, with no departure time listed. Hmmm . . . . . Good cover for flight 370? Not enough substance to make a call on that one, but this is something to make note of at least. The site is down now, possibly overwhelmed? That is OK, I got a photograph of this.

Malaysia airlines MH17 777 flight 370 clone from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpoor shot down at border between Ukraine and Russia
A malaysian jet flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down by either Russia or Ukraine. The plane has now been declared shot down, and the media is doing its best to blame Russia. What a GREAT WAY to dispose of flight 370 if Flightradar24.com is actually right about this!

Get bent.

Putin truly doesn't care how others outside Russia view him, his citizens are his 1 and only priority. Thats why so many Russians adore him, even though outsiders see a monster.

antonz

Strelkov and Gubarev both posted shortly after the plane was shot down that they had in fact shot down the plane though they claimed it was an AN-26 Transport Plane.

That is pretty much as damning as it can be

Settin

Heads up guys!!

Flightradar24.com which is the defining site for flight HISTORY says MH17 was canceled and never departed, with no departure time listed. Hmmm . . . . . Good cover for flight 370? Not enough substance to make a call on that one, but this is something to make note of at least. The site is down now, possibly overwhelmed? That is OK, I got a photograph of this.

Malaysia airlines MH17 777 flight 370 clone from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpoor shot down at border between Ukraine and Russia
A malaysian jet flying from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur was shot down by either Russia or Ukraine. The plane has now been declared shot down, and the media is doing its best to blame Russia. What a GREAT WAY to dispose of flight 370 if Flightradar24.com is actually right about this!
Get out.

commedieu

Banned
Heads up guys!!

If no one claims that their family/friends were on the flight.. I think that will add fuel to this claim.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
Nope. They paid money but never an official apology. It was an accident in war times, no reason for a apology.

...no need for an apology? I apologize when I accidentally bump into someone, you'd think the least they could do is apologize for killing hundreds of civilians "accidentally".

Heads up guys!!

You realize how this comes across, right?

Arcteryx

Heads up guys!!

Don't post stupid shit like that please.

Fireblend

Banned
Heads up guys!!

Ok this is just ridiculous. You obviously have confused GAF with /r/conspiracy. Get out.

Maxim726X

Heads up guys!!

Like fish in a barrel... Goodbye, crazy conspiracy theorists. May you join your banned brethren soon

MikeDown

Banned
Heads up guys!!

?

legend166

Just woke up and read the news. This is horrible.

First thing I thought of was when Russia shot down the Korean airlines flight in the early 80s.

I know we've been working with the theory that it was an accident but...

Supposedly this is a Facebook post by one of the passengers before boarding.

rnWc2qX.jpg

"In case it disappears, this is what it looks like."

...where does it leave this? did this get dismissed as a hoax?

Mahonay

Banned
Heads up guys!!

Please. Tell me more.

It's a pretty terrible idea for a cover up, since the people due to be on the flight would know something was up pretty quickly.

So yeah, none of that bullshit please.

Damaniel

Banned
Yes it is. But when we punish drunk drivers, we punish the individual. We don't punish their company, which funded their ability to afford a car in the first place.

We do if the person was driving on official company business (and that business just happened to supply the booze, too).

That said, it's way too early to blame anybody in this case (well, other than the separatists - it's pretty obvious they're involved). Calling for a carpet bombing of Russia or any hawkish thing like that is far too premature (and completely inappropriate anyway; this isn't the Cold War anymore). Personally, I think Russia is way, way more involved then they officially let on, but we have to let the facts come in first.

EDIT:

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 1m
#BREAKING: Russia's Putin says Kiev bears responsibility for crash of passenger plane because it was brought down in Ukraine: RIA

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/489875109340274688

But seriously, fuck this statement. The responsible party is the one that crashed the plane. I seriously doubt it was the Ukrainian government. This is the kind of shit that makes everybody dislike Putin so much.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
You're advocating for "something" so it isn't war and it isn't diplomatic and economic actions. What is it then?

All I see is hot air and Europe is acutely aware of our reliance on Russian gas this isn't a new problem. It isn't something easily fixed either.

Europe should step up on the sanctions together with the Americans. Because if Europe doesn't do it it has no effect on Russia. Taking some more risk, not signing separate deals with Russia like Austria (and even Germany) while posing as an unite and moral entity.

Jonnax

Heads up guys!!

Really? You're talking about an automated flight tracking website.

So at what point will you start believing it's real? Not the pictures of wreckage? Or how about facebook posts from a person that was on a flight?

Actually I just read your post properly. What is wrong with you? You think this is a cover to dispose of the people on flight MH370?

Purkake4

Banned
Well..that specific area is more than 2000km from here (Netherlands). Its the same distance as Libya. It would be the same thing if you live in Houston and should be really involved with things happening in Nicaragua.
Well, Libya is in fact also in our back yard and creating different sort of problems. The point here is that things 2000km away affect you, especially in today's world. This is not a Eastern European or a Russian problem, it's a global problem and Europe has the means to push for a solution.

I swear Vlad really is like the UN dude on that Simpsons episode (and the antagonist of every Soviet Russia comeback conspiracy plot in 90s action thrillers):

tumblr_n1xunm14sr1qbl2f1o1_250.gif

Chariot

Heads up guys!!

What the shit, man.

Wessiej

I know we've been working with the theory that it was an accident but...

...where does it leave this? did this get dismissed as a hoax?

This was just a joke from that guy. If you look at his facebook he is talking about his vacation for weeks. Friends and family are posting sad reactions on his photo.

Fiktion

Banned
Heads up guys!!

Even as a joke this would be in very bad taste. If you're serious you need help.

Carn82

Well, Libya is in fact also in our back yard and creating different sort of problems. The point here is that things 2000km away affect you, especially in today's world. This is not a Eastern European or a Russian problem, it's a global problem and Europe has the means to push for a solution.

oh, I totally agree. But in the end it will not amount to much, I guess the stakes are too high.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Heads up guys!!

Come on dude. This is pathetic.

Edit. Oh man everybody already quoted this. Sorry guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom