• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines flight en route from Amsterdam shot down over Ukraine; no survivors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
If anyone had any doubt about it and hoped for "we are sorry for what happened to those people, let's see what's the conclusion of the inquiry etc" ...

This is Putin's Russia. A shameful stain in a civilized society.

There's a leaked passenger list floating around, don't know if it's legit or not, although someone did say he saw his teachers name on it. Guess I won't post it.

rtcn63

If I were Russia, I'd just claim that it was the work of an electronic device that could override missile launchers; and then just name drop "Jack Bauer" repeatedly without sense of context.

CrunchyB

would you think if Russia went, and took it on the chin didn't bullshit back and said we want full co-operation we'll do all we can to bring about a ceasefire also, the world would respect them more, than just trying to shift blame and talk their way out of it?

The sensible approach (IMO) would be to claim Russia in no way has any associating with the rebels. Wash your hands of it and stay the fuck out.

Russia's reaction pretty much dares the rest of the world to implement another round of sanctions.

It's more likely they'll give him a medal.

I very much doubt it. They may be bastards but they aren't fucking bastards. This is a huge embarrassment for Russia, they may have provided the equipment and personnel, but the last thing they would've wanted was this. It really is incompetence that has led to this.

If those audio recordings are genuine, it sounds like they didn't even have to get permission to fire on aircraft, the rebels are firing on them opportunistically and then relaying the information to their superiors. They fucked up big.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
maybe he's watching the UN? Serious question.

Yeah I was wondering if some of the UN stuff is on going so he was waiting for that to end before he came out to make his speech.

Probably should have scheduled for Noon due to things usually running long.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
The sensible approach (IMO) would be to claim Russia in no way has any associating with the rebels. Wash your hands of it and stay the fuck out.

Russia's reaction pretty much dares the rest of the world to implement another round of sanctions.

wth? what are Russia doing?

level of responsiblities

10/10 - Pro-Russian Separatists inside Ukraine
8/10 - Russia who is backing separatists and supplying them the weapons
4/10 - Whoever controls the airspace in that region
3/10 - Airlines who go by thier own safety but also trust whoever assigns local airspace safety

ape2man

My reaction to the russian guy

giphy.gif

this, wtf what the fucking fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom