• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 ended in the Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquidtmd

Banned
I hope to god they find this plane - another reason if one were needed being imagine the family of the pilot living under the shadow of people saying he did it whilst the reality of it being he could have been an equally innocent party

MIMIC

Banned
So it's probable that the pilot flew the plane over/landed it in a foreign country without being detected at all? Which country could this be? You should probably notify them so that they can increase their security.

All I know is that there is zero indication that it crashed, while there is some indication that it didn't.

And it doesn't have to land in Russia/China/Australia or some other highly-monitored area. There are plenty of remote islands for it to land on.

I'd chalk this up to sarcasm, except for the mind-numbing nature of your previous posts. Sure, this is definitely "proof" when you're deperately trying to validate your ridiculous narrative.

The pilot's previous personal life has been turned upside down and inside out, and if this is the strongest "proof" that the pilot is a hijacker/murderer/criminal/terrorist so far, that's pretty damn weak.

MIMIC

Banned
Do you realize how absurd this sounds? That's some James Bond villain type shit

What is absurd is you trying to have me pin-down WHERE it landed. That would be almost as absurd as me asking you.....where it crashed.

I obviously don't know where it landed. However, the evidence indicates that it landed somewhere rather than crashed.

However, the evidence indicates that it landed somewhere rather than crashed.

what evidence is that exactly ? i can say it went into another dimension using a space time portal and that argument would has the same amount of evidence as saying that it landed somewhere..truth is there is no evidence, its all armchair speculation at this point and its only getting worse, i hope they find the plane otherwise this will fuel the worst tin foil hattery of ages

Chittagong

Gold Member
There is a piece in this puzzle that doesn't fit.

- if you just needed a 777, why go through the trouble of dealing with one full of passengers and not jack an empty one?
- if you didn't need the 777 but just wanted to cause mayhem to many people (be it for personal, religious or political reasons), why do the elaborate evasive moves to hide where it went down?

as it's becoming more likely that an incredibly elaborate plot was required to make a 777 vanish, the question of motive is really interesting.

oipic

The most interesting part of the article to me is that he took his own car to go to the airport this time. He knew he wasn't coming back.

This article is full of holes and ambiguity. Where is the car now? Is it still parked at the airport? Did the pilot's wife return in this same vehicle?

Had it not been reported that said wife was headed elsewhere (a second house?) that evening*, and if so, is it really that unusual that he would perhaps drive to the airport (not far from home, if previous reports are correct), and then his wife jumps into the driver's seat and continues on? On face value, is this particularly suspicious, even if it differs from their everyday behaviour? (bit sloppy and rude to not cancel the cab booking, admittedly - rushed exit, late change of plans?)

* or, contradicting this, as other reports suggested, had Captain Zaharie's wife done a runner and left the family home the previous day/night?

Lots of column inches alluding to lots of different things, with much contradictory info being bandied about - I'm inclined to believe very little of any of it at the moment.

MIMIC

Banned
what evidence is that exactly ? i can say it went into another dimension using a space time portal and that argument would has the same amount of evidence as saying that it landed somewhere..truth is there is no evidence, its all armchair speculation at this point and its only getting worse, i hope they find the plane otherwise this will fuel the worst tin foil hattery of ages

I didn't mean "evidence" exactly; I meant "indications"

Pandemic

Not sure if this has been posted,
Bi5E9tfCIAIkeOh.png:large

Source

- if you just needed a 777, why go through the trouble of dealing with one full of passengers and not jack an empty one?
- if you didn't need the 777 but just wanted to cause mayhem to many people (be it for personal, religious or political reasons), why do the elaborate evasive moves to hide where it went down?

as it's becoming more likely that an incredibly elaborate plot was required to make a 777 vanish, the question of motive is really interesting.

You have a better chance of booking a ticket on a commercial flight than cargo or one that is sitting in a hangar.

Falk

that puzzling face

Actually holy shit, I'm sorry that I had to quote your awful post a second time, but from the article:

And in a new twist, it emerged that the pilot's wife and three children moved out of the family's home the day before the plane's disappearance.

Not sure what to believe about MH370? We debunk the myths here.

Take 30 seconds to listen to this (From yesterday's press conference)

Grats on linking the potentially shittiestly corroborated article in existence.

Fjolle

What if you needed something that was on the plane?

onken

The alternative is stealing one from a runway. Just try thinking that through for a minute.

For those saying that the plane has been landed, can you speculate where this would have been possible without the aircraft being picked up by radar?

2MF

For those saying that the plane has been landed, can you speculate where this would have been possible without the aircraft being picked up by radar?

Anywhere. Even Russia has been humiliated by having a plane fly through it undetected. Look up Mathias Rust.

baphomet

What is absurd is you trying to have me pin-down WHERE it landed. That would be almost as absurd as me asking you.....where it crashed.

I obviously don't know where it landed. However, the evidence indicates that it landed somewhere rather than crashed.

Actually, when a plane goes missing for days its basically a 100% chance that it crashed. This is no different.

Some possibilities:

If you wanted to steal a 777 and get away before the military is scrambled, it might be better to stage a disappearance of a scheduled flight in progress, if you have the skill to do so.

A 777 or other jet that is sitting around unoccupied has probably been grounded for some time, likely because it is not in good condition. The 727 that was stolen in 2003 has been mentioned before...one of the last pilots to fly that plane said it was in such poor shape that it inexplicably lost cabin pressure during a flight, and that the emergency beacon was inoperable.

If the person trying to take the plane is the pilot, well, he already has access to a jet that sees regular maintenance.

Falk

that puzzling face
Anywhere. Even Russia has been humiliated by having a plane fly through it undetected. Look up Mathias Rust.

To play devil's advocate, I'm not too familiar with Rust, but wouldn't that be comparing not detecting Rust in real time vs not being able to find anything on the radar data on closer inspection subsequently?

syllogism

That wasn't undetected. He showed up on the radar several times and there were some efforts to get a permission to shoot him down. Two interceptors were launched to investigate and one of them even had visual confirmation.

2MF

To play devil's advocate, I'm not too familiar with Rust, but wouldn't that be comparing not detecting Rust in real time vs not being able to find anything on the radar data on closer inspection subsequently?

Who knows if they have found something subsequently? I doubt the public already has the full picture.

Actually, when a plane goes missing for days its basically a 100% chance that it crashed. This is no different.

When a plane has gone missing, it's generally not because someone disabled the detection/comm systems on the plane.

When a plane crashes, it doesn't usually continue to ping a satellite for 7 hours after last verbal communication.

Did the plane crash? Probably. However, if it has done so, and the information gleamed from the satellite is correct, it crashed into a vast expanse of ocean after eight hours of flight, and seven hours after a deliberate deviation in the plane's path. Said vast expanse of ocean is also in the opposite direction from the last heading the plane was on according to military radar.

It is not a crazy thing to come up with alternate theories, given that info.

numble

People asleep at the wheel. NYT has reported that at least four Malaysian radars, 2 air traffic and two air defense radars, detected plane. They didn't realize it out until looking at tapes after the fact.

FyreWulff

"We're flying a plane towards _____. Also, we have 200+ hostages. If you shoot down the plane, you're killing all of these people"

"We're flying a plane towards _____. Also, we have 200+ hostages. If you shoot down the plane, you're killing all of these people"

Invalid after 9/11. Would be shot down for even approaching land, if the plane radioed in saying that. I think hijackers/terrorists would know that.

Falk

that puzzling face
I just caught on Astro Awani in Malay that there's one after a short break, so it seems like the daily 5:30 one.

Raist

Banned
Looks like the stuff that was posted on page 97

Was anything ever made of this?

A ship was directed there and found nothing.

Shopped?

That looks like a survivable landing because the plane wasn't torn to shreds. Shouldn't there be floatation devices (rafts) on board in case of engine failure over water?

Maybe the hoaxsters are out.

Not shopped, you can check the map yourself. But it looks like some image artefacts, especially where all these white dots are. There's a bunch of straight lines with a slightly different hue.

DarkFlow

Banned
This thread gets stranger every time I come in here. It's almost the 9/11 thread at this point with all the crazy theories floating around.

DarkFlow

Banned
He was tracked a few times and even had planes intercept him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathias_Rust
Rust crossed the Baltic coastline over Estonia and turned towards Moscow. At 14:29 he appeared on Soviet Air Defense (PVO) radar and, after failure to reply to an IFF signal, was assigned combat number 8255. Three SAM divisions tracked him for some time, but failed to obtain permission to launch at him. All air defenses were brought to readiness and two interceptors were sent to investigate. At 14:48 near the city of Gdov one of the pilots observed a white sport plane similar to a Yakovlev Yak-12 and asked for permission to engage, but was denied.

syllogism

Now they don't seem sure that ACARS was turned off before the last voice communication at 1:19am, just sometime between 1:07am and 1:37am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom