• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 ended in the Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

Missing Malaysian plane: Cops find data on Indian Ocean runways in pilot's simulator

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-in-pilots-simulator/articleshow/32256080.cms
Alternative headline: Flight Simulator X contains data on runways all the world.

Furthermore:
Search of #MH370 pilot & co-pilot computers, email & flight simulator reveal nothing suspicious -US officials to @evanperez
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/statuses/445993005481472002

Missing Malaysian plane: Cops find data on Indian Ocean runways in pilot's simulator

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-in-pilots-simulator/articleshow/32256080.cms

Seriously, why do you keep posting this shit? It's like you keep pushing the weakest article, and the insane theories, to support that narrative that the pilot was a criminal/terrorist. Flight sims include runways? Mind fucking blown.

Breaking: WORLD MAP IN PILOTS HOME INCLUDES THE COUNTRIES OF AFGHANISTAN AND IRAN.

Phoenix

Here is the deal. Any competent flight simulator will have all of the runways and airfields. Why? Because it allows pilots to get familiarity with various taking and landing situations at different airfields. Hell if the aircraft DID encounter trouble, his constant training with the simulators would have given him a quick understanding of which airfields were his best options given his circumstances. Another tidbit about Flight simulators - you simulate all sorts of situations in them, like losing an engine, losing instruments, failure of control surfaces, etc.

That is the whole point of flight simulators.

Why do I think that this is more mundane than the sensationalism being given? If he ran into trouble and had some real incident (like explosive decompression which would also cause a drastic change in altitude), his first instinct would likely have been to turn for an airfield that he could make an emergency landing at given the condition of his aircraft. This would have taken him back towards/over the mainland - the sharp western U-Turn that people keep bringing up. I'd look at all of the airfields along the flight plan to see where he might have been going. If it was some massive decompression incident, they may have succumb before being able to complete their return to an airfield and the aircraft would continue on auto pilot or on a particular heading - as the news/rumors suggest, until it would have exhausted its fuel.

This flying above 45,000 feet to kill the passengers has the ring of nonsense about it to me. The pilot or whomever commandeered the aircraft would need their own independent oxygen supply and would have to fly for at least 20 mins or so at that height to wait until the oxygen supply from masks (which would drop down automatically upon depressurisation) to dwindle.

The more I think about this, the less I can come up with a rational explanation. So I'll come up with a completely irrational one. It wasn't a plane, it was a spacecraft. The people on board were all aliens. They've gone home now. No trace of them or their craft will ever be found.

Pandemic

Maldives daily newspaper is reporting a sighting, possibly MH370,
Residents of the remote Maldives island of Kuda Huvadhoo in Dhaal Atoll have reported seeing a "low flying jumbo jet" on the morning of the disappearance of the Malaysia Airlines flight MH370

Eyewitnesses from the Kuda Huvadhoo concurred that the aeroplane was travelling North to South-East, towards the Southern tip of the Maldives – Addu. They also noted the incredibly loud noise that the flight made when it flew over the island.

"I've never seen a jet flying so low over our island before. We've seen seaplanes, but I'm sure that this was not one of those. I could even make out the doors on the plane clearly," said an eyewitness.

"It's not just me either, several other residents have reported seeing the exact same thing. Some people got out of their houses to see what was causing the tremendous noise too."
http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54062

If true, they're again way off course with search and rescue.

crozier

This flying above 45,000 feet to kill the passengers has the ring of nonsense about it to me. The pilot or whomever commandeered the aircraft would need their own independent oxygen supply and would have to fly for at least 20 mins or so at that height to wait until the oxygen supply from masks (which would drop down automatically upon depressurisation) to dwindle.

The more I think about this, the less I can come up with a rational explanation. So I'll come up with a completely irrational one. It wasn't a plane, it was a spacecraft. The people on board were all aliens. They've gone home now. No trace of them or their craft will ever be found.
Pilots are on their own oxygen supply and can cut off the cabin's simply by simply pulling a circuit breaker. And there is a big difference between 35,000 feet and 45,000 feet. For instance, the FAA allows passengers to be exposed to altitudes of 25,000 feet for up to 2 minutes, while literally not one second at 40,000 feet or above. A few planes like Airbus have gotten around the 40,000 foot ceiling by proving they can descend fast enough that the altitude in the cabin never matches the altitude outside, even in the case of an explosive decompression.

Flo_Evans

I think those only come out with a sudden depressurization. If you wanted to knock everyone out I would think a slow loss of oxygen would be better, people would just get sleepy and drift off instead of a violent loss of pressure.

Pandemic

You're a few pages late, but this one remains compelling to me.
Seems logical too, with the closest landing strip located here, in line with the Maldives,
1Tg5Z6f.png

So if autopilot was set, it would've continued to travel until it's fuel was drained, thus causing it to probably glide near the Maldives.

hom3land

Seems logical too, with the closest landing strip located here, in line with the Maldives,
1Tg5Z6f.png

So if autopilot was set, it would've continued to travel until it's fuel was drained, thus causing it to probably glide near the Maldives.

Without knowing it's capabilities , I'd assume the US naval base on Diego Garcia would have picked up the plane on radar

Slime

Banned
It would be weird if it crashed there though, since that would put the plane pretty much directly north of Diego Garcia. You'd think they'd be able to detect a mystery plane, and know of a crash, if it had gone down that close.

EDIT: Too slow!

Tugatrix

Without knowing it's capabilities , I'd assume the US naval base on Diego Garcia would have picked up the plane on radar

that is for sure, they have multiple radars and com towers over the base, would be impossible for a plane like that to pass unknown over that region

KHarvey16

If it was put on autopilot and just flew out that direction, why was it so low? If it were running out of fuel the people who saw it at that level probably should have seen it crash too.

Seriously, why do you keep posting this shit? It's like you keep pushing the weakest article, and the insane theories, to support that narrative that the pilot was a criminal/terrorist. Flight sims include runways? Mind fucking blown.

Breaking: WORLD MAP IN PILOTS HOME INCLUDES THE COUNTRIES OF AFGHANISTAN AND IRAN.
I dont think I have posted many insane theories here. The cctv post was spontaneous, but thats about it. I was only quoting the article. No harm done

You need to chill the fuck out.

Phthisis

that is for sure, they have multiple radars and com towers over the base, would be impossible for a plane like that to pass unknown over that region

And then of course, the answer is either the US did pick it up at Diego Garcia and have been intentionally misleading people, or it crashed before they picked it up. Not really many other possibilities if those people did in fact see MH370 flying low overhead.

My uncle, who seems to be becoming more of an insane lefty in his advancing years, offered this great theory today: The US is now taking a prominent role in the search operation as it is going to cover up an obvious mechanical failure/crash to protect Boeing from bad publicity. (He then went on to claim how the corporations rule the world, Obama is just a puppet).

My brain was all like.... Wut??

My uncle, who seems to be becoming more of an insane lefty in his advancing years, offered this great theory today: The US is now taking a prominent role in the search operation as it is going to cover up an obvious mechanical failure/crash to protect Boeing from bad publicity. (He then went on to claim how the corporations rule the world, Obama is just a puppet).

2/3 aint bad

1Tg5Z6f.png

Wouldn't a straight flight path curve when projected on a map? Or is that a small enough area where the map's distortions wouldn't make that much of a difference? especially near the equator where there is less distortions when flattened.

Vamphuntr

At least he got the part about corporations ruling the world right.

kodecraft

And then of course, the answer is either the US did pick it up at Diego Garcia and have been intentionally misleading people, or it crashed before they picked it up. Not really many other possibilities if those people did in fact see MH370 flying low overhead.

Yep, I've been riding with the US Navy theory more than the rest.

Ok, this is driving me nuts and affecting my productivity.

Until I see strong evidence of what happened here, I'm resigning to the theory that the plane was abducted by aliens.

BeanDip

Neo Member
So crazy and sad. Is it possible the plane's computer system was hacked? Some psycho hacker flying remote and then crashing it in the ocean.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wouldn't a straight flight path curve when projected on a map? Or is that a small enough area where the map's distortions wouldn't make that much of a difference? especially near the equator where there is less distortions when flattened.
That is more than large enough that a great circle route would be flown. While you could program in a straight line course to the autopilot, but it would be changing course every few minutes.

I like your uncle!

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3

Why would they intentionally mislead people?

kaiju

News:

Hyderabad techie uploads satellite image of missing plane on CNN site

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...-missing-plane-on-cnn-site/article5801884.ece

Holy Fucking Shit. That's got to be it.

HY19SATELLITE_IMAG_1795993f.jpg

“I am confident that the image is that of the missing plane because of many reasons. First giveaway is the fact that the image was captured just above a forest and very close to the Shibpur air strip of Andaman Islands. The air strip is exclusively used by the defence forces with no permission for civilian aircraft in this area. A close look at the image will reveal if it is flying extremely low so much so that the clouds are above it which suggests it was done to avoid detection by radar. Most importantly, the standard scale measurement and colour of the missing plane matches with that of the plane in the image,” said Mr. Anoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom