• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 ended in the Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

dorkimoe

Are those pictures a few pages back of the pilot and co pilot? Where are those pictures coming from?

I'm at work so hard to go back and find who posted them first. But can people label photos before they post them

JaseMath

what's the latest on the lead from that new zealand guy on the oil rig? Is anyone gonna search that area?
Was that a hoax? I read somewhere that the coordinates weren't consistent with what he was talking about...like it was the wrong oil rig or something.

Lamel

Banned
Are those pictures a few pages back of the pilot and co pilot? Where are those pictures coming from?

I'm at work so hard to go back and find who posted them first. But can people label photos before they post them

The co-pilot, and those pics are from another flight. The co-pilot is the one whose eyes are NOT closed in those pics.

dorkimoe

The co-pilot, and those pics are from another flight. The co-pilot is the one whose eyes are NOT closed in those pics.
thanks. I was like wait how would they have those photos.

What if we never find the plane? Will this turn into some sort of Amelia Earheart scenario but on a grand scale?
As morbid as it sounds. How cool would that be. Amelia Earhart has always fascinated me. It's an amazing mystery. In today's world with all the technology we have. That would be just so...insane

Edit: when I say cool I'm assuming they're already dead and nothing can be done to save them.

28wAlGF.jpg

Holy fuck

Fjolle

http://www.avherald.com/h?article=4710c69b

Late Mar 12th 2014 China's State Administration of Science (SASTIND) reported, they discovered three large objects sized 13x18, 14x19 and 24x22 meters at position N6.7 E105.63 (121nm eastsoutheast of the last known secondary radar position), all three objects within a radius of 20km (11nm) and published the satellite images, taken on Mar 9th 2014 at 11:00 Beijing time (03:00Z), see below. SASTIND stated they are committed to provide further search services to locate flight MH-370.

Images and map at link.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
290 dead. No apology. No regret. And we wonder where the big satan thing comes from. Its stuff like this that adds up.

Overthrowing their democraticly elected government in a coup d'etat in order to get their oil in '53 was a bit more damning, but, no... shooting down a fucking airliner in their own airspace didn't help smooth ruffled feathers.

Nevasleep

If you want to learn more about air travel safety/disasters etc, you should watch Air Crash Investigation (I think it's called Mayday in Canada).
It usually always boils down to a 'chain of events'.

Just recently saw this go up on BBC and the Guardian.

If these objects are from MH370 (which I hope they are, as horrible as the reality of finally finding it would be, but it would at least be a big step towards ending that torture for relatives and friends of just not knowing anything), it would be a damning indictment of the various Malaysian reports of the plane turning westwards towards Malacca or the Andaman.

Just recently saw this go up on BBC and the Guardian.

If these objects are from MH370 (which I hope they are, as horrible as the reality of finally finding it would be, but it would at least be a big step towards ending that torture for relatives and friends of just not knowing anything), it would be a damning indictment of the various Malaysian reports of the plane turning westwards towards Malacca or the Andaman.

no that was the plane that shot down MH370

joking of course but people have speculating like crazy about everything with this case.

I just hope we can get some closure for the families.

Grym

so the satellite images are in the area where they lost contact with the plane originally? in the original search area? suggests there was no turnaround?

elty

They show a suspected crash site in the South China Sea, not far off the plane’s projected flight path. They show three large pieces at sea, the largest of which, according to SASTIND, measured 24m by 27m.

So they showhow missed a 24m x 27m object in the original search zone?

There is no way only the Chinese saw this on satellite. On top of that the images are from Chinese Science Services. I am sure defenses for a bunch of countries saw this but don't want to divulge how much they can see / coverage?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So they showhow missed a 24m x 27m object in the original search zone?
Hard to tell how long it was floating there or if it resurfaced or something.

These are some huge pieces of wreckage. If its not this plane then it is surely something big.

Edit:
This is near the oil rig worker.

So this was where they lost contact initially?

yeah, unfortunately it takes time to actually find something in the ocean. Its crazy to think about because we are connected to everything these days. However 5 days to locate a downed aircraft in the sea seems pretty normal compared to other accidents.

The fuck?

I'm telling you China doesn't want to let anyone in on their sat capabilities. It took them a few days to screw up the resolution and send them to the "science team" to release. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom