• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 ended in the Southern Indian Ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

winjet81

Botched hijacking is what I see.

Pilots overwhelmed, communications and tracking purposely cut-off, plane turns around for another destination, struggles with hijackers ensue 5 hours later and the plane ditches into the ocean.

Maybe it's just me, but considering they had 2 men with stolen passports on board, who both had a desire to get to Europe (supposedly) - and then this plane was actively trying to turn to a route corridor where Europe is one of the destinations...that all seems to point to the idea that the stolen passport guys Hijacked the plane like with the Ethiopia flight, but forced the Pilot to fly and chart a course.

Konka

Banned
Maybe it's just me, but considering they had 2 men with stolen passports on board, who both had a desire to get to Europe (supposedly) - and then this plane was actively trying to turn to a route corridor where Europe is one of the destinations...that all seems to point to the idea that the stolen passport guys Hijacked the plane like with the Ethiopia flight, but forced the Pilot to fly and chart a course.

Why would you get stolen passports if you plan to hijack the plane? What good does the passport do you?

Blader

Why would you get stolen passports if you plan to hijack the plane? What good does the passport do you?

well...wouldn't you need the passport to get on the plane in the first place?

I'm really not sure what to think of this update. If they were moving in a specific direction, hundreds of miles off course with the transponder turned off, it'd almost have to be foul play wouldn't it? If it was a simply a mechanical/communications failure and the pilots wanted to turn around and find someplace to land, surely there were closer and easier routes than the direction it ended up taking?

rezn0r

The focus on the fact that guys with stolen passports were Iranian was both hilarious and pathetic.

you should've seen what it was like around here (meaning the net/Reddit) right after the Boston Marathon bombings. some poor highschool kid was basically the subject of a witch hunt because he had a soccer bag and dark skin. pathetic.

ok sorry for the derail, back to the plane

MSMrRound

Time to call a Psychic?
At this point I would try anything...

bomoh.ashx

Even this? Malaysia already tried to call a bomoh (shaman). Best they could give was "it's either still flying or it crashed into the water". No shit sherlock. Pay me big bucks and I can probably say the same thing.

Even this? Malaysia already tried to call a bomoh (shaman). Best they could give was "it's either still flying or it crashed into the water". No shit sherlock. Pay me big bucks and I can probably say the same thing.

Speaking of that I just found this :

http://psychicfocus.blogspot.com/2014/03/malaysia-airline-mh370.html

A. When I tune in, my mind is at the point of the flight where issues start to arise. I see that there is a huge electrical disturbance. What looks like a clear day turns into this dark, gloomy surrounding. It looks like heat lightening and flashes surround the plane. I also see what looks like discharges of static electricity coming off the plane. The flight attendants are trying to stand, and people are trying to stand and grab something above their heads? It is chaotic and a lot of turbulence. Oxygen masks then start to fall. Then there is this loud thundering sound that is so deafening that people are grabbing the sides of their head (I feel the pain in my ear, like it is loud and so much pressure!)

Then all of a sudden there is this silence- It is so quiet and calm. No one is talking, there is no noise. It is the ultimate peaceful feeling. I don't even hear the noise of the plane- as if the engine isn't even running. It feels like the plane is gliding, there is no turbulence. Like it is floating so peacefully through the air.

I can't help but feel like this plane went into a different layer or dimension of our current existence [I realize this is a very alternative concept, but I just report what I see]. I see the jungle, and what I notice most are the leaves. The passengers are looking at the vegetation is complete amazement, but not in complete horror, but rather amazement. They are gigantic. The climate feels warm and humid, but rather comfortable. I also have the images of the plane on a beachy coast as if it coasted to a graceful landing. I can't get the images of show Lost out of my mind, as if the fundamental situation may be similar...

And it gets better!

Description of the place: It is warm. Looks like an island. The plane coasted into a sandy beach. There is what looks like a tropical jungle about 100 yards off the coastline. The leaves on the plants are enormous- reminds of something I would have seen on Jurassic Park. The temperature is warm, I see people in short sleeves and still sweating. They were able to make fire and are keeping a fire on the beach as some kind of signal. Looks incredibly remote- I see no other people on the island. I can see some mountains in the central part of the island and at a distance look like they may have snow on the very top.

[Update from comments 3/14/14 6:58 AM:
Thank you everyone for your comments. I enjoy reading everyone's opinion and perspective. When we come together, I feel like it increases our intuition like an amplifier. Having said that I would like to do another update.

Question: What will happen from now on?
A. We will continue to look, and even when it is out of mass media, government will be so
intrigued that they will continue to search for this. I also see some kind of a distraction coming up that will take over the media as a way to get this off the news. Government doesn't like dealing with all the questions (I see it makes them squirm). It is as if they have similar theories as this reading, but don't know how to explain it or what to do just yet when addressing the mass population.

Question: How are the passengers now?
A. They appear to be what I would call just "ok". I see huge fire on the beachy area trying to create a smoke screen. They look dirty, but appear to have water (I see sandy jugs sitting around.) It looks like after you get within the jungle part of the island there is a stream with clean water they are able to drink from and they send teams to go retrieve it. They look very tired too- sleep is the issue... Also, some of them are just angry. They are so mad they haven't been found. Others in a way accept it, and have had a peacefulness come over them.

ElFly

The plane needs to have air passing under its wings to fly. If it's stationary, yes the jets are on but the jets propel it forward only.

Jesus.

The jets push against the air (they are effectively throwing air behind it), so no matter how fast the wheels spin against the treadmill, the jet will move forward anyway. Momentum needs to be conserved.

We didn't call them.

They came on their own, we're pretty embarassed. They're pretty much a local meme at the moment.

Not to make light of this ongoing situation, but I would very much like to see these memes.

You're asking for it:

bU7ESNR.jpg

(Caption read as "you think I was just fooling around when I was being serious?")

It is also known as "zam zam ala kazam" meme when netizens realized the Shtick may be taken from a classic local movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeGjS3ZDASc (the source)

and then it was modded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dn_YNV-nh4

and many many more:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=767689936575035&set=vb.100000021088460&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=820997104580352&set=vb.100000102118368&type=2&theater

That's pretty much what Malaysians are doing right now

Jimrpg

Thanks guys. I'm fine, just hope my dad is alright even if he's overworked to hell :p

Happy birthday mate, but I'm sure you understand the situation. The country absolutely needs your dad right now. This is Jack Bauer type stuff. Also it IS the craziest situation ever, but your dad was BORN to do this, a little bit of overworking won't kill him and he will be all the better for it.

The other day, the press conference was extremely hostile and I have to say up to that point, I think there were some cultural differences that the international journalists just don't understand (balotelli comment for one), also I think the press conferences weren't handled so well, because they didn't realise that handling the media is a big game (that other countries like the US and UK are very good at). Seems they have learnt really quickly because they handled themselves pretty well today, while there was no new information, at least they didn't over promise and under deliver.

Secondly I think your dad should just get every damn plane he can get his hands on right now and comb as much area as he can... and get people on tomnod or other satellite imagery and get people working.... the crowdsourcing thing seems like a good idea and I'm sure many people are willing to help.

SmokeMaxX

They had already booked a flight to Europe though... I believe this was a connecting flight to get them there. They hijacked the plane so they could save a few hours of flight time?

Megasoum

Banned

If the original flight was planned for Malasia to China, there is NO way they would have had enough fuel to go to Europe.

Happy birthday mate, but I'm sure you understand the situation. The country absolutely needs your dad right now. This is Jack Bauer type stuff. Also it IS the craziest situation ever, but your dad was BORN to do this, a little bit of overworking won't kill him and he will be all the better for it.

The other day, the press conference was extremely hostile and I have to say up to that point, I think there were some cultural differences that the international journalists just don't understand (balotelli comment for one), also I think the press conferences weren't handled so well, because they didn't realise that handling the media is a big game (that other countries like the US and UK are very good at). Seems they have learnt really quickly because they handled themselves pretty well today, while there was no new information, at least they didn't over promise and under deliver.

Secondly I think your dad should just get every damn plane he can get his hands on right now and comb as much area as he can... and get people on tomnod or other satellite imagery and get people working.... the crowdsourcing thing seems like a good idea and I'm sure many people are willing to help.

I'm surprised on how hostile the PC was. You know we are as confused as everyone is when China themselves gave up some pictures from their spy satellites, and the United States sending some support themselves.

If we really are hiding something, it is risking the wrath of 12 other countries. Everyone wants this plane to be found quick because god knows how expensive it is, and how much everyone is giving up when it comes to border policies.

And yeah, my dad is handling this well. There's a lot of things our country should be criticized on, but not on how 'slow' they have been in finding the plane.

THE:MILKMAN

We should hear something from the USS Kidd soon and if they find wreckage 1000 miles west my theory would err toward the pilot(s) being responsible.

I hope I'm wrong though.

Krakatoa

Just received a CNN update on my phone that reads: "radar suggests ..flight...was deliberately flown toward Andaman Islands". This just keeps getting weirder.

Maybe (if) the engines failed, they set course to that island because it was the closest land mass within gliding range.

Hammer24

Banned
You need a visa to enter china right?
Could be the reason why they're using stolen passport.

Probably, but these two guys were in transit = not entering china.

Italian and Austrian nationals (which the passports were, right?) do not need transit visa as long as they:
- don´t stay longer than 72h
- don´t change the airport
- have a ticket for a flight out of China
...which they all had. Reading the Chinese visa regs I´d say it was the reason they changed passports.

Andaman islands are where that one tribe that's never been contacted before right?

North Sentinel Island?

yea, they are near india, very beautiful islands with people who shoot arrows at anyone who tries to come by. pretty sure they killed a diver or somone a few years back

edit
sentinelese_jpg_2467150b.jpg

looks like they killed a fisherman, then they shot arrows at helicopters who tried to recover his body

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...kills-fishermen-who-strayed-on-to-island.html

Jimrpg

I'm surprised on how hostile the PC was. You know we are as confused as everyone is when China themselves gave up some pictures from their spy satellites, and the United States sending some support themselves.

If we really are hiding something, it is risking the wrath of 12 other countries. Everyone wants this plane to be found quick because god knows how expensive it is, and how much everyone is giving up when it comes to border policies.

And yeah, my dad is handling this well. There's a lot of things our country should be criticized on, but not on how 'slow' they have been in finding the plane.

Yeah your dad is handling it much better now. It's great that they have reacted to their past PC performance, and now 'playing' the media game. The first few days, there was a lot of misinformation, not just from internet rumours, but even between the authorities, things like how many passengers did not get to board. The press and the public were confused.

numble

Italian and Austrian nationals (which the passports were, right?) do not need transit visa as long as they:
- don´t stay longer than 72h
- don´t change the airport
- have a ticket for a flight out of China
...which they all had. Reading the Chinese visa regs I´d say it was the reason they changed passports.
They don't even need any of that if they are just transferring flights at the airport.

Yeah your dad is handling it much better now. It's great that they have reacted to their past PC performance, and now 'playing' the media game. The first few days, there was a lot of misinformation, not just from internet rumours, but even between the authorities, things like how many passengers did not get to board. The press and the public were confused.

There were a lot of miscommunication I guess. It was embarassing for everybody, when all they have to do is say that those 4 who didn't come were replaced via overbooking.

Linkhero1

yea, they are near india, very beautiful islands with people who shoot arrows at anyone who tries to come by. pretty sure they killed a diver or somone a few years back

edit
sentinelese_jpg_2467150b.jpg

looks like they killed a fisherman, then they shot arrows at helicopters who tried to recover his body

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...kills-fishermen-who-strayed-on-to-island.html
I find it fascinating that there are still tribes disconnected from modern society. I read about something similar in South America a while back.

Blader

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/india/1509987/Stone-Age-tribe-kills-fishermen-who-strayed-on-to-island.html[/url]

However, the experience of the Jarawa since their emergence - sexual exploitation, alcoholism and a measles epidemic - has encouraged efforts to protect the Sentinelese from a similar fate.

Is it just inborn to the human condition that any newly discovered cultures have to be given beer, disease and abuse? Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom