• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man abducts CMU student, sexually assaults her, leads cops on chase and...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxdoHawk

...apparently posts goodbyes on Facebook before getting shot.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/18/justice/michigan-crime-facebook/index.html

A man suspected of abducting and sexually assaulting a Central Michigan University student posted a final goodbye a few hours later on his Facebook page shortly before an officer fatally shot him, authorities said Friday.

"Well folks, I'm about to get shot. Peace," was 30-year-old Eric Ramsey's last post to his Facebook wall around 3:15 a.m. Thursday, Isabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski told CNN in a telephone interview.

Ramsey had abducted the student from CMU's campus about 2.5 hours northwest of Detroit on Wednesday evening, then drove her to a home where he bound and sexually assaulted her...

After the attack, Ramsey put the woman back in the car, grabbed two cans of gasoline and began driving again, it said. When he told the woman he was going to kill her, she jumped from the car and ran to a nearby residence, where she knocked on the door and yelled for help, the release said.
A 14-year-old boy let her in and, after hearing her story, locked the woman, his younger sister and himself in the bathroom...

As the woman was calling police, Ramsey poured gasoline on the house and set it afire before fleeing, the sheriff said.
Shortly thereafter, the children's father returned home and doused the fire, which caused no serious damage...

Police soon caught up with Ramsey, who led them on a chase through two counties, during which he rammed a state police trooper's car, stole a sanitation truck and rammed two more vehicles, police said.

A couple of hours later, after hitting a deputy's car head-on, Ramsey posted his final words, the sheriff said. Soon after, he was fatally shot by a deputy.

Completely bizarre. I have to assume there is more to this story.

feel

Props for the kid who let the screaming stranger into his house effectively saving her life, instead of panicking and shutting her out.

lol pimp.

seriously though, that must have been some scary ass shit for the girl. if a girl came knocking on my door that late at night begging to be let in, i honestly wouldnt allow her. id just call the cops instead or something. the kids lucky the sick fuck didnt completely burn their house down.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really curious what his friends and family posted in response, and if any of them liked his post.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
lol pimp.

seriously though, that must have been some scary ass shit for the girl. if a girl came knocking on my door that late at night begging to be let in, i honestly wouldnt allow her. id just call the cops instead or something. the kids lucky the sick fuck didnt completely burn their house down.

Yeah, it's scary as hell when someone is crying for help outside your door. Happened to me a few years ago at 2:00 in the morning. Turned out my fat neighbor just fell through the porch.

JDSN

Banned
Awesome kid for letting the woman in, if this was in other place some cunt would have shot her at his doorstep while screaming "CASTLE DOCTRINE MOTHERFUCKER!"

Good thing he was stupid. He really would have killed that girl (and perhaps) had he played out his plans out in his head since he already decided he was probably going to die at some point by his brazen behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom