• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

Mariolee

But I love his visual gimmicks!

Talked about it in my review in the other thread.

The zooming-in-and-out thing bugged the living daylights out of me. I know the whole point was to give it a pedestrian effect but the shots were so fast I would've preferred Pfister's approach to The Dark Knight trilogy in slow still shots, each of which is carefully crafted so that our eyes can focus on what's important instead of the camera zooming in for us. That was really awful. Other than that, the rest were very well done and beautiful shots.

Salsa

Talked about it in my review in the other thread.

The zooming-in-and-out thing bugged the living daylights out of me. I know the whole point was to give it a pedestrian effect but the shots were so fast I would've preferred Pfister's approach to The Dark Knight trilogy in slow still shots, each of which is carefully crafted so that our eyes can focus on what's important instead of the camera zooming in for us. That was really awful. Other than that, the rest were very well done and beautiful shots.

it was awful

quantum of solace levels of terrible

just got back

Digital Zoom: The Movie

jesus christ Snyder, jumping from one visual gimmick to the next. It became unbearable.

will post other thoughts in the spoiler thread.

I can't believe filmmakers are still using that cheesy digital zoom effect.

Anybody remember the old '90s sci-fi FOX TV show called Space: Above and Beyond?
The digital zooming was straight out of that. So cheap & phoney looking.

Saw this finally

On my phone now

Hated the star wars effects and rejected avatar creatures wtf were they thinking

Why do movies like this always need glowing shit

Fuck

This isn't a vidya

This movie uses such a standard formula for realism everyone's gonna do this now

Stupid ass fantasy vehicle/animal in action let's make it realistic by zooming in!!!!

I can also see being overused is dialogue from a past tense working with something happening in the present

Hated the tone all throughout, too melodramatic

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Diane Lane's Martha Kent is such an adorable old lady. I would punch the shit out of Zod too for laying a hand on her.

Log4Girlz

I'm preparing myself for MoS. They must have taken notes for the Metropolis fight from Superman: Doomsday which I'm in the process of watching. Holy shit, what a piece of garbage this movie is. Superman nuked the fucking city during his fight with Doomy.

Zabka

I'm preparing myself for MoS. They must have taken notes for the Metropolis fight from Superman: Doomsday which I'm in the process of watching. Holy shit, what a piece of garbage this movie is. Superman nuked the fucking city during his fight with Doomy.

It's going to be interesting for a lot of people to watch it again and realize how little damage Superman is responsible for. The military does far more damage trying to help.

strafer

Ch1pknO.jpg

Raptor

My man.......

......FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

LOLS.

I will not say I love this effect because is not something to get worked up over but I didn't mind it at all, was just there as an little nice effect to put it some realism or something.

jmdajr

Once I see a movie and like it, I don't see a point in going back to deconstruct a film and find reasons not to like it.

Actually I don't see a lot of movies I like twice. I enjoy it for the moment and then move on.

That bad in a way because some movies that deserve a second viewing don't get it.

BFIB

Saw the movie over the weekend. Then came back home and saw the rating on RT. I loved the film, but I also expected this not be the same Supes we've been used to, or was expecting.

Faora stole the show though.

LogicStep

I watched this last night. Holy fuck action, that shit looked crazy. My eyes were melting with all that action. Avengers who? Zack Snyder is an action god to me.

SimleuqiR

I wanted to stop reading here:

Personally, I’m not sure why. I missed the whole Superman-film phenomenon. I was more a fan of director Richard Donner’s Goonies and Lethal Weapon. I can understand the appeal the original Superman comics had for the WWII generation and its need for a hero to rid the world of evil, but in my days as a young man, this appeal was long outstripped by the cheesiness of the character’s suit and his douchey invincibility.

But kept reading. I like Franco. And he makes very good points as to why he (and the general audience) likes this movie.

I agree that the lethal weapon movies were better than donners superman ones (hell they're better than all comic book films for me tbh)

Leathal Weapon movies basically are comic book movies, minus super-heroes. I hate 3 and 4, and I don't think the first two were that good, either.

LosDaddie

Banned
I'll ask again. How is the converted 3D in this movie? Good? Bad? Okay? Worth the extra money for IMAX 3D?

3D was completely worthless, IMO, but it was the only way I could see the movie in IMAX. It wasn't distracting, though.

So, I'd avoid 3D if you could, but either way, you'll be fine.

JimiNutz

Banned
I really wanted to like this... but it was rubbish.
Terrible acting, boring action, too long, bad script. I went with three other people and we all hated it.

Glad lots of others here enjoyed it though. Hopefully I end up enjoying The Wolverine a bit more although expecting that to be shit too.

number47

OMG, no one brings up when the soliders were killing the pilots,the gore in the background from the larger solider. This movie had so much detail in their action scenes.

Saw it 5 times (first, in a early screen at Paris sunday and... 4 times today !).
Love it obviously...

The movie was release today (06/19) in France and it's already a huge success (MoS beats IM3's first day here !)

witness

Saw it 5 times (first, in a early screen at Paris sunday and... 4 times today !).
Love it obviously...

The movie was release today (06/19) in France and it's already a huge success (MoS beats IM3's first day here !)

Wow, bigger than IM3? So people are loving it there?

Mlatador

Banned
Saw the movie today.

The action scenes were phenomenal.

The acting was mediocre. The dialogs weak. The plot mediocre to boring.

If it wasn't for the action scenes, I would give the movie a 2 out of 5. Because the action was good, I give the movie a 2,5 out of 5.

Top Bottom