• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

KalBalboa

Banned
Thank you Strafer :)

I thought about it really hard, but in the end I disagree and present this awesome quote:

youllneverbesupermanc0hkff.jpg

Technology caught up with him and Superman finally has an action movie suitable for his powers.

As much as I loved this story & this scene... yeah, I'm on the change the title bandwagon too.

DMczaf

MisterHero's reasoning behind his title reminds me a lot of Singer. Ignores what the people want, makes the thread title what he wants based on something he loves, even though no one gets it or wants it.

We are getting meta up in here.

MisterHero's reasoning behind his title reminds me a lot of Singer. Ignores what the people want, makes the thread title what he wants based on something he loves, even though no one gets it or wants it.

We need to go deeper.

MisterHero

I'll bring back the bus if I can load everyone on it and throw it into the sun. :) It's also ironic considering YOUR title wanted to drag Singer into this.

For what it's worth I could produce a dozen better titles. I just liked this one.

I promise if we get to |OT2| you can make it whatever you want.

KalBalboa

Banned

... What a piss post.

Anyway, MisterHero- I'd check some of the previous Man of Steel threads and see what suggestions were out there. I'd go with "Join Us In The Sun."

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I have never seen a Superman movie, nor even had much interest in the character, but I'm pretty excited for this one.

strafer

I'll bring back the bus if I can load everyone on it and throw it into the sun. :) It's also ironic considering YOUR title wanted to drag Singer into this.

For what it's worth I could produce a dozen better titles. I just liked this one.

Not gonna happen. The thread will barely hit 5k.

Im playing the shit out of Superman Returns, cuz i know im going to want to once i leave the theater. I do that all the time. After Amazing Spiderman i bought and played through Spiderman 2 & 3, Web of Shadows, the official ASM game (console & mobile)

Its aa fucking crime there's no tie in game, i guess that kind of thing died as the gen wore on.

Anyway, Returns the game is a lot like Returns the movie. Flawed with bright spots here and there. At least it captures feeling like Superman. I love flying, love using my heat vision and the breath powers.
Enjoy taking out meteors, putting out fires and even saving the occasional cat cuz dammit Supes is that kind of guy.

KalBalboa

Banned
Im playing the shit out of Superman Returns, cuz i know im going to want to once i leave the theater. I do that all the time. After Amazing Spiderman i bought and played through Spiderman 2 & 3, Web of Shadows, the official ASM game (console & mobile)

Its aa fucking crime there's no tie in game, i guess that kind of thing died as the gen wore on.

Anyway, Returns the game is a lot like Returns the movie. Flawed with bright spots here and there. At least it captures feeling like Superman here and there. I love flying, love using my heat vision and the breath powers.

The sense of speed in that game was great. I just wish there was more to do as Superman.

I hate the mini games cuz just when you think you've found some new one it turns out you've already done it. I wish i could understand why they didn't put in some way to tell if its a floating mxy head you've already finished.

vio

So you also reserved right to OT2?

MisterHero

If you guys are REALLY hung up on the thread title, here's what we can do.

When Rotten Tomatoes starts generating a solid score, I'll try to have mod update it with the RT score and a new title. I DO regret that Man of Steel isn't all caps.

It's a dumb thing to worry about though.

vio said:
So you also reserved right to OT2?
no

If you guys are REALLY hung up on the thread title, here's what we can do.

When Rotten Tomatoes starts generating a solid score, I'll try to have mod update it with the RT score and a new title. I DO regret that Man of Steel isn't all caps

It's a dumb thing to worry about though.

no

Oh God please no, let this madness end.

MisterHero

Oh God please no, let this madness end.
Hey it needs to stand out. What better than jokes about busses, X-Men directors and All-caps?

Please don't put the RT score in the thread title. Rottenwatching is pretty pointless (and doesn't actually contribute to discussion about the movie) and the score is bound to change almost minutes from the time you bug a mod/admin to put the score in the title.
I actually agree. It was just an idea to get something else done.

Please don't put the RT score in the thread title. Rottenwatching is pretty pointless (and doesn't actually contribute to discussion about the movie) and the score is bound to change almost minutes from the time you bug a mod/admin to put the score in the title.

I can't for the life of me get a 40% combo with Superman off with ANY sort of reliability. I mean, it HAPPENS every now and again. It's just never as planned as I would like.

I know it'll probably never happen, but I am really curious to see that camera test he took in the Reeve replica suit.

Same with Nicolas Cage, for that matter (I believe that photo DOES exist, doesn't it?)

Top Bottom