• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

MisterHero

I know it'll probably never happen, but I am really curious to see that camera test he took in the Reeve replica suit.

Same with Nicolas Cage, for that matter (I believe that photo DOES exist, doesn't it?)
a photo with a Burton-esque suit is here
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/nicholas-cage-superman-article-1.1253494

HA I just noticed the wristbands. MoS's looks very similar.

EDIT: Game of Thrones spoiler appears down the page. Thanks livestOne

Rokam

As if you needed any more reason to see this, Desolation of Smaug teaser will be attached to it, although it's going to be released earlier in the week as well.

"This is currently not available in the United States."

fbad5_54826f3a-7d9e-47f5-b5f1-b07138030c32_man_of_steel_yell.gif

There's a documentary coming about the making of Superman Lives, isn't there. Coulda sworn that project was successfully kickstarted.

Whether WB is going to allow footage/photos to be used, that's probably a different matter, maybe.

MisterHero

There's also a movie about Cage's copy of Action Comics 1 being stolen. Dunno how it's going.

Big Supes fan, that guy.

wetwired

There's a documentary coming about the making of Superman Lives, isn't there. Coulda sworn that project was successfully kickstarted.

Whether WB is going to allow footage/photos to be used, that's probably a different matter, maybe.

Yup

I've got no idea when it's due out though, if they were smart they'd want it out in time with MoS to maximise their exposure

Sanjuro

Just watched Furious 6. Gonna be hard for MoS to top it as the best superhero movie of the year.

Are any of those films actually entertaining? I've only seen a bit of the second one on television, thought it was a comedy.

Solo

Are any of those films actually entertaining? I've only seen a bit of the second one on television, thought it was a comedy.

Supremely. You unfortunately saw parts of the worst one. Fast Five and Furious Six are one hell of a combo. Highly recommended that you watch those two. And yes, they're highly comedic, both intentionally and unintentionally.

Sanjuro

Supremely. You unfortunately saw parts of the worst one. Fast Five and Furious Six are one hell of a combo. Highly recommended that you watch those two. And yes, they're highly comedic, both intentionally and unintentionally.

Would I be able to just watch those two and go from there?

Dwayne Johnson is terrible.

Pretty much ruined the already bad GI Joe 2

He was the only entertaining character in that film. Probably the worst/best movie I've seen in a theater in a very very long time. It was too terrible to love, too absurd to hate.

Solo

Yes, you can. You probably won't understand a few plot details and character relationships, but I think you'd be fine.

You really should watch 1, 4, 5, and 6 though to really get it though. 2 is superfluous and dogshit and 3 is like a side story.

Sanjuro

Yes, you can. You probably won't understand a few plot details and character relationships, but I think you'd be fine.

You really should watch 1, 4, 5, and 6 though to really get it though. 2 is superfluous and dogshit and 3 is like a side story.

Maybe I'll check out the latter ones. Still skeptical as anything.

This week I'm basically in Superman mode. Might finally watch the Donner Cut for the first time tonight.

KalBalboa

Banned
This week will kill me. I really need to focus on editing more.

Lame question, but is there a way to request a temporary ban for such situations?

Sanjuro

We live in a worse off world because we cant take the DVD of Superman Lives out and watch the absurdness.

I enjoy Superman Returns. It's a great sequel to the Superman film series. Was it necessary? Nope. Superman Lives would have taken the franchise off the rails and in all likelihood helped the franchise be more diverse to the general audience, even if it was panned or reeked of early-90s pulp.

MisterHero

Lame question, but is there a way to request a temporary ban for such situations?
I think so. Good luck friend

I enjoy Superman Returns. It's a great sequel to the Superman film series. Was it necessary? Nope. Superman Lives would have taken the franchise off the rails and in all likelihood helped the franchise be more diverse to the general audience, even if it was panned or reeked of early-90s pulp.
IIRC Keaton Batman was supposed to be in too

G-Fex

He was the only entertaining character in that film. Probably the worst/best movie I've seen in a theater in a very very long time. It was too terrible to love, too absurd to hate.

I swear there's nothing entertaining about Dwayne Johnson.

He's the same fucking guy in every movie.

I swear I don't see what's the fascination with him in movies and why he's highest paid actor.

Ridiculous.

He's no fucking better than Hulk Hogan or John Cena or some other stupid wrestler turned actor.

Sanjuro

I swear there's nothing entertaining about Dwayne Johnson.

He's the same fucking guy in every movie.

I swear I don't see what's the fascination with him in movies and why he's highest paid actor.

Ridiculous.

He's no fucking better than Hulk Hogan or John Cena or some other stupid wrestler turned actor.

...and you went into GI Joe expecting what, BROTHER?

He is an entertaining action star. That's about it.

I heard someone say recently:

Superman Returns was a great movie, but not a great comic-book movie

Every writer/director recognises that there is a wonderful psychological palette to be explored when it comes to Kal-El/Clark Kent/Superman: this is the lesser known side to the mythos but arguably more important than the physical elements. This is what JJ Abrams wanted to do and what Singer managed to achieve, although at the expense of those physical elements.

Synder and the cast to Man of Steel have consistently touched upon this personal conflict Clark has; a lack of identity and a real sense of loneliness - not "oh yea, we're gonna fuck shit up in this movie".

Despite the great desire amongst fans to see just that (Superman fucking shit up), I cannot embrace a film that does that the expense of giving us an emotive insight into the mind of Clark. That's what I want from the film.

Top Bottom