• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man of Steel |OT| It's about action.

Dead

well not really...yet
Seems like Nolan is the weak link in the creative team behind this movie going by a lot of reviews

DaveH

fuVqVZb.jpg

Solo

Targeting me won't get their tomatometer score back. I knew the reviewers wouldn't go down without a fight, but this is different. They crossed the line.

You crossed the line first, sir. You read the consensus, you hammered them to the point of mediocre scores. And in their desperation, they turned to a site they didn't fully understand.

Wilbur

Banned
You crossed the line first, sir. You read the consensus, you hammered them to the point of mediocre scores. And in their desperation, they turned to a site they didn't fully understand.

Critics aren't complicated, Solfred. Just have to figure out what they're after.

Dead

well not really...yet
Solo, have you previewed the score at all yet, or are you waiting to hear it in the context of the movie first

MisterHero

What an amazing poster. It screams Alex Ross to me, but there are probably equally talented painters out there.

Where is it from, DaveH?

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
It's worth noting that the Mondo poster will be an open edition, so if you're interested in buying one there will be no crazy rush to snag one in a matter of seconds.

More information can be found here.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Next Supes movie should be about saving kittens in trees, a date with Lois that includes a flying scene, Supes cracking one-liners and showing his teeth all the time smiling.

TEJ

Next Supes movie should be about saving kittens in trees, a date with Lois that includes a flying scene, Supes cracking one-liners and showing his teeth all the time smiling.

and they should bring back richard pryor from the dead to be in it as a whacky comic relief character

and superman should have a long lost brother played by dean cain

bruce wayne {played by bale} should stop on by for a love triangle between superman, and lois, with superman trying to choose who he loves the most.

Solo

Considering your love of BBs score, I think you're gonna really enjoy it.

We'll see....but it tends to be the JNH somber, introspective stuff that really gets me going on BB.

Although....Molossus is Zimmer and its my favorite action cue in the past decade, so who knows? I'll find out in a few days.

MisterHero

Hey guys, what's going on in here? Still melting down over RT scores?
I'd read post/more reviews if I could tell which ones had spoilers in them. Just saying. :p

fwiw this degree of back-and-forth is pretty much what I expected. I'm just fine... so far. :p

also. anyone in NY avoid reading the NY Daily news review as the imbecile in that review spoiled a very important plot point (fucking idiot) all the while complaining about "no fun" or whatever new tripe it is reviewers have come up with to shit on a movie. same for the associated press review.

Sanjuro

also. anyone in NY avoid reading the NY Daily news review as the imbecile in that review spoiled a very important plot point (fucking idiot) all the while complaining about "no fun" or whatever new tripe it is reviewers have come up with to shit on a movie. same for the associated press review.

I'm convinced the film is shit now.

The Ain't it cool review is nice.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I like the Donner films. But they pretty much made it impossible to reboot the character. To a lot of people that's the definite Superman.

Sanjuro

We'll see....but it tends to be the JNH somber, introspective stuff that really gets me going on BB.

Although....Molossus is Zimmer and its my favorite action cue in the past decade, so who knows? I'll find out in a few days.

I'm not positive you'd like it. Not nearly as bombastic as DKR, but a one trick pony through much of the score. I'm curious how they'll implement it during the key scenes.

Solo

Seeing it either at a Saturday matinee or Monday night, depending on how things shake out with the people I'm going with. Despite having to wait 2 extra days, I think I'd prefer the Monday show - a Saturday matinee won't be even closed to packed, and these movies always work better with a full crowd.

Solo

Speaking of BB's score, its a goddamn tragedy that, 8 years after release, its STILL not on iTunes. I actually have to pull out the old CD if I want to listen to it. Or go to Youtube, lol.

Sanjuro

Seeing it either at a Saturday matinee or Monday night, depending on how things shake out with the people I'm going with. Despite having to wait 2 extra days, I think I'd prefer the Monday show - a Saturday matinee won't be even closed to packed, and these movies always work better with a full crowd.

I'm doing Saturday night IMAX. Across the theater is a wonderful pub with the best home brews in the state of RI. Plan on reflecting with heavy alcoholism with a bunch of friends

...I mean fuck this. Not going to this inferior to Green Lantern trash.

Sanjuro

Speaking of BB's score, its a goddamn tragedy that, 8 years after release, its STILL not on iTunes. I actually have to pull out the old CD if I want to listen to it. Or go to Youtube, lol.

I have the recording sessions version. Can never go back. It's wonderful.

Top Bottom