• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga Discussion/News Thread |OT5| We Post on Wednesdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Should've waited until Wednesday before linking that.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
"Shonen's previous work"?

wat

Edit: Ah, read it in the context. Sounded rather weird.

Also, I feel nothing except pity.

He means pre-One Piece shonens, like Dragon Ball, etc.

edit:

No Wiseblade, Big One already way too much posting about One Piece as it is. :(

Lain

What the fuck, we actually have a Take on Me readership in ManGAF, err--

you perverts

It's funny, I ordered the physical book like yesterday just to have something to go with the preorder for Skip Beat! 28, Young Miss Holmes Casebook 1-2 and A Certain Scientific Railgun 3, all in the name of qualifying for free shipping.

Gantz vol. 75

"Anybody not wearing a suit stay behind me!"

*do nothing*

"These are even stronger!"

"Ok, anybody not wearing a suit stay behind me!"

*do nothing*

Fuck this shit.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
It's too bad that Bakuman is not the type of manga where it can go for 10+ years (although they are trying to make it that way...ugh). Dem sales are very nice.

Other than that...where are my up and coming block busters? Toriko is a failed experiment for mega-success.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
It's too bad that Bakuman is not the type of manga where it can go for 10+ years (although they are trying to make it that way...ugh). Dem sales are very nice.

Other than that...where are my up and coming block busters? Toriko is a failed experiment for mega-success.

Nisekoi will save Jump!

survivor

Banned
Prunus Girl

All caught up.

I think they should do more of these 1 page jokes thing they did for chapter 31. Also the maido chapter was godly. So many dudes in maids outfits, it was spectacular.
lKpWB.png

It's one of the better comedy slice of life manga though that's not really saying much. It does those random chapters alright but they really need to stop dicking around and just progress the story. End it before it hits the 50s and it will be a good manga. Take it any further and the manga will just get old.

Wiseblade

It's One Piece Speculation Time!

Today's topic: Who are the new Warlords?

So who do you think replaced Jimbei, Blackbeard and Moria as the World Government's lapdogs? Law's already confirmed so that's one down already. Buggy was heavily hinted at recieving an invitation to join the group just before the time-skip. Did he accept? That still leaves one more slot to fill. Another Supernova? Some other returning character? Or maybe someone brand new?

Wasn't Buggy basically confirmed to be a Shichibukai at that OP event last week?
Also Magellan was apparently replaced by Hannybal as the warden at Impel Down, so it could be him.

Hopefully a new characters. One of the good things Oda does is give us fresh designs of characters every now and then. It would be nice to see in a position of a high role a new design and character with a background that we just dont have in the universe yet. Expanding the background of the universe would work well.

Weve had quite a few promotions this arc already, maybe some face from the New World.

Mr. Fix

Magellan is probably a new Admiral.

My only problems with this would be the running gag with him and his diarrhea and that he doesn't have that tall suit-like look. Guess there's no theme with the admirals anymore.

Buggy being a warlord makes sense, but I still hate the fact that it's him. He ruined the war arc, along with those dumb escapees. Plus he replaces Moria as the useless hack of the group; only weaker.

As for the new one, no significant pirate comes to mind so I'm hoping it's someone new and formidable for the crew.

3QdFa.png

I just knew something was missing from this manga.

Edit: The motherfucker even disguises himself as a black guy to blow up Shinjuku. Goddammit Japan.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Buggy is a fucking terrible character. Him being a Shichibukai would be stupid.

The new Shichibukai should be someone new. As for the new admiral situation, this is yet another thing worth speculating about. I think that this is much more interesting than the Shichibukai vacancies, as those losers seem to come and go like the wind. The story of how Aokiji left the admirals is definitely going to be awesome and I know Oda will tell it perfectly. It's great that he has told us the news about it so early.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Black muscles has to be a industry wide in-joke by now.

The warden of the embarrassing prison break, the prison that was supposed to be the most secure in the world, becoming an Admiral doesnt make much sense to me. I also do not think he would take the role if his pride was tarnished.

I think he would like to redeem himself. Since there are many prisoners of Impel Down out there, he would take a position in the marines to hunt them down and probably would like to get revenge on Luffy and Black Beard. And he has the same mentality as Akainu, pirates are garbage and should be dealt with force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom