• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Busaiku

Most? How do you define fansevice characters actually? While the Nakiris have their breasts exaggerated in some cases especially color pages, they are hardly fanservice characters. I mean, not only they don't show lewd reaction on frequent basis, they also appears when they doing something else besides showing their tits and ass wearing very normal clothes. Only Nikumi that fall into this very category of "fanservice character". Then, we have Tadokoro who by large have the most screen time and focus as a character beside Soma and she's far from fanservice (and so does her dormitory friend).
I'm not saying that it's a perverted series or anything, just like promotional art and the occasional lewd reactions for characters like Erina aren't a turn on for me.

At last

1387245361916.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Prison School 182

I'm hoping VP's recovery is temporary and it has to be triggered by Prez abuse.

Quasar

Prison School 182

I'm hoping VP's recovery is temporary and it has to be triggered by Prez abuse.

I did think the chapter pretty awful. That that kind of abuse is the reason for the hard ass vp, and that shes just a shell to protect the real vp.

wonzo

Banned
prison school 182

old veep is probs gonna be some quasi-superhero state for meek veep.

either that or its a mixture of the two
lawd.png

Blood Lad Vol.06

8Qba9w0l.jpg

Are we reaching an end game since we now have a final mission and a deadline for them to reach.

Of course, probably not, since it wouldn't be surprisingly if we keep going afterwards.

Anyway, basically the training episode. Lots of training and relationship issues.

mdubs

Banned
That's a lot of stuff. I'm not sure how you can call it nearly nothing but sure, nearly nothing got licensed.

Also worth keeping in mind that sdcc is this weekend, so Viz probably withheld their bigger announcements for that. Kodansha is announcing at least 2 new licenses each at sdcc and Otakon as well. Yen Press went all out on Sunday because they aren't attending sdcc

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 69

So I'm assuming the rabbit band's singer is Koyuki?

I'm not saying that it's a perverted series or anything, just like promotional art and the occasional lewd reactions for characters like Erina aren't a turn on for me.

Are we reading the same series? Soma is pretty lewd to begin with.

Usobuko

Banned
17-sai by Fuji Seiji and Kamata Youji is pretty hard to stomach for anyone who is familiar with Junko Furuta's kidnapped and murdered story. It has been 4 years and I am still unable to find the right mood to finish it.

Shokugeki no Soma - Etoile 5

I dunno. This just isn't super enthralling.

17-sai by Fuji Seiji and Kamata Youji is pretty hard to stomach for anyone who is familiar with Junko Furuta's kidnapped and murdered story. It has been 4 years and I am still unable to find the right mood to finish it.

I read a manga about that murder, it was sickening. Is that the same thing?

Usobuko

Banned
I read a manga about that murder, it was sickening. Is that the same thing?

If the manga is done by Youji Kamata, then yes, it is what I am speaking of. There are many other 'inspirations' of this infamous case. It was loosely featured in one of Kindaichi's ( similar to Detective Conan ) story and Uziga Waita also used it too.

Apparently the ending for 17-sai is a happy one though.

Zweizer

Banned
On the other end I expected an OPM announcement for France during Japan Expo but we got nothing.

That's odd. Why is it taking so long?

If the manga is done by Youji Kamata, then yes, it is what I am speaking of. There are many other 'inspirations' of this infamous case. It was loosely featured in one of Kindaichi's ( similar to Detective Conan ) story and Uziga Waita also used it too.

Apparently the ending for 17-sai is a happy one though.

I still need to read it. There's something fascinating (and in this caze, deeply disturbing) about real-life inspired stories. I've already read the version from Uziga Waita though.

UQ Holder 86

...Yeah I'm thinking Eva x Touta is the endgame here. Remembered him for 40 years and willing to wait 282 more to see him again? Yeah.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ok, I tried reading a tiny bit out of curiosity. Stopped at the chapter when they got out the lighter fluid or whatever.

dani_dc

Jojolion 44

Finally something resembling answers, this is where we should had been 20 chapters ago.

And with that I'm all caught up with JoJo!

Took me two and half weeks to get there, but now I can join the monthly wait with the rest of you guys.

Zweizer

Banned
Keijo ch39

Teamwork is important~

(For building one's harem.)

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch91-92

So dense~

Henjo - Hen na Joshi Kousei Amaguri Chiko ch5

She just doesn't give any fucks.

Took me two and half weeks to get there, but now I can join the monthly wait with the rest of you guys.

It took me like 6 months to read from Part 4 - the opening chapters of Part 8. I think you're the only person I know who didn't stop for a while after the end of Part 6.

Rhapsody

Banned
Ugh, maybe I'll start reading it again tomorrow and just power through Part 5. I heard Part 6 was very mixed too though, so I'm not sure how I'll like it.

dani_dc

Did 17-Sai existence have any input from the family or anyone involved in the case?

It took me like 6 months to read from Part 4 - the opening chapters of Part 8. I think you're the only person I know who didn't stop for a while after the end of Part 6.

I was too curious about the alternative universe to stop after Part 6, and after starting Part 7 I couldn't stop. It helped that Part 7 felt like a huge shift from the previous parts, so the "burn out" effect I had been feeling since Part 5 faded away.

If I had done a break it would had been at some point either during or after Part 5, that was the part that I really had to make an effort to go through, and I think my enjoyment of Part 6 was partly affected by that.

Ugh, maybe I'll start reading it again tomorrow and just power through Part 5. I heard Part 6 was very mixed too though, so I'm not sure how I'll like it.

Yeah, I have some mixed feelings about Part 6 myself, but I think it's overall a solid part that's still worth reading, it has a good protagonist and some really imaginative battles, particularly towards the end.

And then you'll have Part 7 ahead of you!

Zweizer

Banned
Yandere Kanojo ch62.5

I guess we'll see more of Maya and the Manager's relationship, not that it was a big surprise.

Hijiri is so nice~

Aho Girl ch46

Akkun is such a party pooper.

Shokugeki no Soma - Etoile ch5

Ah yes, the usual drama.

This series would be much better with less Shinomiya and more Hinako. Popularity power, I guess.

Jump Rankings July 7th issue.
1. Assassination Classroom
2. One Piece
3. Boku no Hero Academia
4. Sesuji wo Pin! to〜Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso〜*
5. PSI Kusuo Saiki
6. Shokugeki no Soma
7. Haikyuu!!
8. Black Clover
9. World Trigger
10. Nisekoi
11. Gintama
12. Kochikame
13. Lady Justice*
14. Kagamigami
15. Bleach

Strong first showing for Dance and a expected bad showing for Lady Justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom