• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeleSocho

Banned
Names are too blurry.

And why is my name even on there?

I was banned for like a month.

so blurry

It's not like it's a super ultra poor kinda ironic version made without any image editing software waiting for the real version
0lJvitl.gif

Droplet

Jojo Part 5 chapter whatever

This is so dry I'm tempted to just go reread all of part 4 again instead.

Why can't I figured out what the hell Giorno's stand does? Why is Trish so dull? And who thought Fugo's dumb shirt was a good idea?

Shengar

I've mostly been reading Western comics, but that will change when I move back to Japan in two weeks
because it will be harder to read Western comics
The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck should be easily readable alongside japanese manga.

Zweizer

Banned

Zweizer

Banned
Hinamatsuri ch46

They're dealing with it pretty well all things considered.

Hatarakanai Futari ch32-33

She's a girl of simple tastes~

Shin Kurosawa 34

Guevara is a saint ;_;7

Attack on Titan 71

That girl in the bar, Eren's mother...same girl that Historia saw brushing her hair? Or just sameface?

Anyway, Grisha came from outside the walls and lost his memory, MYSTERIES ALL OVER THE PLACE

I also find it kind of interesting the survey corps was planning to set up a base outside the walls...may be important later

Edit: Nevermind that was Erin's flashback and it was Frieda Reiss.

Takane to Hana 01

FLCEPqel.png

Head-strong girl gets roped into attending the marriage interview instead of her older sister. There, she leaves a lasting impression on Mr. Super Rich and Handsome.

I like this. The main lead is assertive and isn't afraid of trolling the pretty boy. And the pretty boy is quite tsun tsun. Which makes their dynamic so much more amusing. Will be interesting to see how they move forward after the initial premise has been resolved.

Karin/Chibi Vampire 1 - End

Finally got around to reading this. While I can't say the ending wasn't contrived as fuck, I really enjoyed the rest of it. Pretty well-developed romance, lack of badly written love triangles, and minimal misunderstandings. Cute blushing.

Overall, wish I could forget it so I could enjoy reading it again.

Rhapsody

Banned
Names are too blurry.

And why is my name even on there?

I was banned for like a month.

Jump fans didn't even bother ranking TLR.

They just went out and bought the volumes.

Someone needs to find that Bakuman page where the guy says TLR rankings were low because kids couldn't rank it with parents around.

dani_dc

It's not like it's a super ultra poor kinda ironic version made without any image editing software waiting for the real version
0lJvitl.gif

It's an accurate reflection of the post quality in this place!

Jojo Part 5 chapter whatever

This is so dry I'm tempted to just go reread all of part 4 again instead.

Why can't I figured out what the hell Giorno's stand does? Why is Trish so dull? And who thought Fugo's dumb shirt was a good idea?

That's exactly how I felt.
I've heard people say it's due to bad translation, but I felt the same before getting to the "bad translation" chapters, and a friend who read it in Japanese had the same complains.

Giorno stand can transform things into living organism (which tend to go back to their original source when that's convenient to the plot).
If your try to hit those organism you get hit back, but you can forget about that part of the power, Araki did as well.
None of that matters really, all you need to know is that it can heal things and stalk people. Also punch you.

I forgot Fugo existed and I read this a week or two.

I forgot Fugo existed and I read this a week or two.

So did Araki.

...Well in this case he was removed because he was too strong which is ????? considering Gold Experience and Tusk are fine, maybe protags don't count

He did get a follow-up thing, Purple Haze Feedback

Zweizer

Banned
So did Araki.

...Well in this case he was removed because he was too strong which is ????? considering Gold Experience and Tusk are fine, maybe protags don't count

I think it was less Purple Haze being too strong and more that Araki couldn't find a way to make fights starring him interesting. It'd be pretty much: launch virus, the end.

smurfx

get some go again
one piece spoilers

Akainu, Gorousei, Garp, Otsuru, Bonny, Urouge, Capone, Kid's alliance and KAIDOU are in this chapter.

Droplet

Giorno stand can transform things into living organism (which tend to go back to their original source when that's convenient to the plot).
If your try to hit those organism you get hit back, but you can forget about that part of the power, Araki did as well.
None of that matters really, all you need to know is that it can heal things and stalk people. Also punch you.

Yeah I think it was the reflection part I was confused about since it seemed like that was the entire thing the stand did, and then it never happened again and became Crazy Diamond pt 2??

But it's okay, now King Crimson has shown up and after reading two attempts at explaining his power, I'm just going to go with the default "it just works" answer.

So did Araki.

You know I had this vague idea that Araki was planning to bring him back in some cool manner, but instead would just forget about it until it was too late. Maybe I wasn't too off the mark with that.

smurfx

get some go again
one piece spoiler

the kidd alliance is going after shanks! didn't expect this news. wonder if luffy will end up taking him down before he can do it. so much for all the supernovas teaming up and taking down an emperor.

dani_dc

So did Araki.

On the subject of Fugo clothes, apparently Araki said that he wears a thong, so that's something to keep in mind.

Yeah I think it was the reflection part I was confused about since it seemed like that was the entire thing the stand did, and then it never happened again and became Crazy Diamond pt 2??

Yeah, it was very disappointing since the ability to create life was interesting on it's own, but it basically turned into Crazy Diamond 2 as you said.

But it's okay, now King Crimson has shown up and after reading two attempts at explaining his power, I'm just going to go with the default "it just works" answer.

King Crimson basically "fast forwards" time by 6 seconds.
Any action during that time period are render meaningless, but the consequences of them still happen.
Also King Crimson is the only one capable to see/move during that time.

That's the gist of it, but maybe someone can explain it better than me.

Droplet

King Crimson basically "fast forwards" time by 6 seconds.
Any action during that time period are render meaningless, but the consequences of them still happen.
Also King Crimson is the only one capable to see/move during that time.

That's the gist of it, but maybe someone can explain it better than me.

See like I understand what it does, but any time somebody tries to explain it to me it just doesn't quite make sense. Like is it that when somebody moves with an intent to do something that it'll just fast forward them by 6 seconds of performing that action? If I reach for a cup and had King Crimson used on me, would I have the cup up to my lips when it finished or would I just still be reaching for it? And does it only work on me or does it work all over in the same way that The World would just freeze time for everyone, but only I don't remember it?

Thinking about it just makes my brain hurt.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
one piece spoiler

the kidd alliance is going after shanks! didn't expect this news. wonder if luffy will end up taking him down before he can do it. so much for all the supernovas teaming up and taking down an emperor.

Shit just got real...

dani_dc

Like is it that when somebody moves with an intent to do something that it'll just fast forward them by 6 seconds of performing that action?

It's not the action that's fast forwarded, it's time itself, which includes the action.

If I reach for a cup and had King Crimson used on me, would I have the cup up to my lips when it finished or would I just still be reaching for it?
You'd have the cups on your lips.

And does it only work on me or does it work all over in the same way that The World would just freeze time for everyone, but only I don't remember it?

It affects everyone, regardless of their distance to King Crimson, no one but King Crimson will have memory of those 6 seconds.
That's why Giorno was thinking something was off during the fight between King Crimson and Buccellati, even though he wasn't anywhere near the fight, time was skipping for him as well.

Droplet

It's not the action that's fast forwarded, it's time itself, which includes the action.

You'd have the cups on your lips.

It affects everyone, regardless of their distance to King Crimson, no one but King Crimson will have memory of those 6 seconds.
That's why Giorno was thinking something was off during the fight between King Crimson and Buccellati, even though he wasn't anywhere near the fight, time was skipping for him as well.

Aah, I guess that makes more sense. I believe my initial confusion came from the idea of if something happened during the time King Crimson's power was activated, say for example that somebody walked up to you slowly and tried to hit you, would you consciously try to dodge it and then forget about it, or would you get hit by it? But I think this is something that Araki actually just flat out avoids doing.

upandaway

0lJvitl.gif
I think (?) that's the first time since the first thread that I wasn't in there, doesn't feel as good as I thought it would

dani_dc

Aah, I guess that makes more sense. I believe my initial confusion came from the idea of if something happened during the time King Crimson's power was activated, say for example that somebody walked up to you slowly and tried to hit you, would you consciously try to dodge it and then forget about it, or would you get hit by it? But I think this is something that Araki actually just flat out avoids doing.

Yeah, I suppose the implication of King Crimson's power is that JoJo is a predeterminist universe where everyone's actions are predefined (unless you have The World, Star Platinum or King Crimson's and can thus "break" outside of the boundary of time).

Yeah, I suppose the implication of King Crimson's power is that JoJo is a predeterminist universe where everyone's actions are predefined (unless you have The World, Star Platinum or King Crimson's and can thus "break" outside of the boundary of time).

Jojo is a weirdly fatalistic series

Boingo's stand

The effects of
bites the dust

The
rolling stone epilogue chapter

Pucci's beliefs and eventual transformation of reality

There's even that old joke that
Boingo's prediction of Jotaro dying by head split was right all along.

Hatsukoi Canvas 00-02

A girl who draws very creatively thinks she's a cursed drawer and doesn't have any friends. But when a guy drags her into the art club, that all changes around.

Not bad, typical shoujo, but hey it's readable. Nice to see development for the supporting cast and they aren't trying to get in the way of the lead's romance either. Hopefully the guy will get out of best friends zone though haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom