• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, there's a fair amount of people who don't like Erina still.�� I for one don't find any redeemable traits she has inb4 her design, there's a superior Nakiri with a better design named Alice.

her design?

lol I doubt people rave about crab-head's design ;)))

what I mean is how she acts when Soma isn't around.... like respecting Megumi... being overly protective about her aide.... being completely lost when it comes to normal things and/or completely innocent to Shojo manga, etc...
Plus now that she is warming up to Soma she is more helpful then usual...

People use to assume she was just a Tsundere prick but I am not even sure if she loves Soma

She still has her tsundere tendencies but I guess you could say she has mellowed out a bit.
even with that flashback panel of her and her aide when they were kids we can tell she wasn't a prick most of the time
hopefully her Father daughter relationship isn't that silly overused business and status cliché

Taku is a force to be reckoned with and has been shown to be the best italian cook in the manga. Writing off Taku as a gag character is as problematic and ill thought as implying that Soma would never become a seated member council. Taku will rise to quickly move in to steal the spotlight from Hayama at some point in time. Taku's clearly tained extensively, why else undergo the hair change AND be relied on heavily by Soma?

Theres never been any proof offered to suggest SoTaku isnt canon. Why else would Taku have a Soma radar to always be able to pinpoint his exact location, and further, Soma always entertains his commentary and gets fired up by him. Meanwhile Soma ignores 75% of what Erina says, doesnt know Alice exists, sees Tadokoro as his imouto, and meat general is just there.

Omg he's serious.

1. Erina
2. Cat senpai
3. Soma
4. Taki
5. Dojima

Taku is a force to be reckoned with and has been shown to be the best italian cook in the manga. Writing off Taku as a gag character is as problematic and ill thought as implying that Soma would never become a seated member council. Taku will rise to quickly move in to steal the spotlight from Hayama at some point in time. Taku's clearly tained extensively, why else undergo the hair change AND be relied on heavily by Soma?

Theres never been any proof offered to suggest SoTaku isnt canon. Why else would Taku have a Soma radar to always be able to pinpoint his exact location, and further, Soma always entertains his commentary and gets fired up by him. Meanwhile Soma ignores 75% of what Erina says, doesnt know Alice exists, sees Tadokoro as his imouto, and meat general is just there.

I get the first paragraph but after words.... come on man don't do this to yourself

bloody Meat has a better chance with Soma then Takumi
Edit: Plus even though Soma talks to Alice she is 100% not ending up with him since she has her aide

Jintor

daily reminder dtl is either a joke character or so far outside the norm he occupies a pocket universe that only marginally intersects with ours

he's still a good guy tho

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh, the people who saw me reading it said it gets worse...

No it doesn't, it gets weirder, e.g. a foodgasm featuring Pavarotti in an animal suit.

daily reminder dtl is either a joke character or so far outside the norm he occupies a pocket universe that only marginally intersects with ours

he's still a good guy tho

Some of us have been around long enough to remember pre-character DTL when he would bitch that Hitsugaya was a sucky character as opposed to insisting that he's the best character (and obviously sexually attracted to Ichigo).

Kingdom 442

it will be interesting how the author handles this team up... especially since Kanki's army causes atrocities known to war.... will the author find a solution in a understandable way or like the King ceremony just do a Shonen troupee of lol people change for friendship and happiness without really facing reality.... Vinland Saga handled this well in showing the reality of evil

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm sure some are reading for that, yes.

I was talking about the food, art, cast and story mostly.

I don't think I talked about my stance on shipping in Soma before, did I?
Multiple times actually

Revo

Maga-Tsuki 50

Lewd dressup is all he really needs.
Also lol the RV. Is it just going to be a blinding light inside?

Usobuko

Banned
Hinamatsuri 10

This is legitimately fantastic. I was chuckling throughout that part where Hina was reading the entire script out, including her stage directions, and I love the notion that the Yakuza have nothing better to do than write a speech for the student council elections. The reactions are always priceless, too!

Author's pretty creative too unlike his peers who tend to revolve around one shtick throughout the story.

Wassu....what the fuck happened in here?

Keijo 45 - 46

This series continues to astounds me since i'm really into this even though i shouldn't be because its so fucking ridiculous lol

i.e this match is pretty dope so far

balgajo

It had a pretty long run, sell decently for something in weekly shounen sunday.

I don't think it was cancelled.

I remember when the last chapter came out some people/sites were claiming that it was cancelled. Don't know if it was confirmed though.

Still salty that Gundam Build Fighters 2 was about some other people and not Reiji and Aila

I mean why end it with that cliffhanger :/
I thought there was light under the tunnel but I just fell off a cliff

Season 1 needs a real Season 2 T-T

Then again this is Sunrise and we all know how they handle any Gundam series' Season 2

Still salty that Gundam Build Fighters 2 was about some other people and not Reiji and Aila

I mean why end it with that cliffhanger :/
I thought there was light under the tunnel but I just fell off a cliff

Season 1 needs a real Season 2 T-T

why, Try had the best Build Fighters character.
tumblr_nkyudy7iJg1tq95v0o3_540.jpg
tumblr_nixusxleNi1s2stp5o1_540.jpg

Well, you are right this time. Sakai was the best part of S2 that wasn't from S1.

Edit: I will tally up the Soma contest votes and post them tomorrow so take this as your last chance to make your bad opinions known

why, Try had the best Build Fighters character.
tumblr_nkyudy7iJg1tq95v0o3_540.jpg
tumblr_nixusxleNi1s2stp5o1_540.jpg

blah Season 2's new characters either felt like copycats, tryhards, and/or meh siblings

even though that guy was cool and all he wouldn't hold a candle to the greatness of S1's top personalities
Edit: Being a little harsh but I am just overly salty with the lose of people like Reiji, Aila, etc....

Mine would be something like
1. Soma
2. Tadakoro
3. Dojima
4. Isshiki
5. Grandpa Nakiri

honorable mention goes to Rindou, who could easily take number 3, but I don't feel like we've seen enough of her just yet for me to make that judgement

Droplet

Welp, one of the friends who saw me reading Soma has now fallen in love with the character Soma. He's even changed his wallpapers to pictures of him without even reading or watching it.

I'll uh, I'll start reading this at home now.

Welp, one of the friends who saw me reading Soma has now fallen in love with the character Soma. He's even changed his wallpapers to pictures of him without even reading or watching it.

I'll uh, I'll start reading this at home now.

You probably should've done that from the start TBH

Revo

Blade Note 1

Collab between until death do us part and veritas guys.
Definitely more related to until death though at this point.

Tamanon

Banned
Bleach

Looks like we're about to get a flashback! The fight is pretty cool though, I actually like the whole giant arm thing now.

balgajo

Shounen Jump Issue 40:
Bleach (Cover, Lead CP)
One Piece
Ansatsu Kyoushitsu
Haikyuu!!
Shokugeki no Souma
Ryuujin-den Gagamaru (CP, Golden Future Cup Entry #6)
Gintama
Boku no Hero Academia (CP)
Toriko
Sesuji wo Pin! to
Hinomaru Zumou (CP)
Saiki Kusuo no Sainan
Black Clover
Nisekoi
Best Blue
Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kouen-mae Hashutsujo
World Trigger
Devilyman