• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What the shit.

I go off and play FF14 and then go to bed and come back and this thread is now list wars.

You have a bad habit of attraction to girls in Shokugeki.

I just think they're fun characters, dude...don't make this creepy.

Alright I'll tally up the votes tomorrow unless more people vote. I know a few haven't like Dresden but I don't know if he was absorbed by whatever WPRG he is playing

Umibozu

Yamada and the 7 Witches 171
Even though they got rejected I'm glad they were able to confess. Also I hope ushio isn't up to any funny business.

Minamoto-kun Monogatari 180
that stalker is the true long distance relationship

upandaway

Gekkan Shoujo 10

Oh phew, finally out of those silly translations. Hopefully these guys stick around.

Been a while since I watched the anime but I still remember most of these

(edit: ... or not? translation actually doesn't seem too different)

It was the top 8 from the elections. So Tadakoro, Kurokiba, Alice, Soma, Takumi, Subaru, Hayama and Hisoko. And Takumi honestly has a lot more setup to do well than many of the others, given that he needs to beat Soma at some point to win his knife back (And subaru is honestly destined for obscurity

Taku is a force to be reckoned with and has been shown to be the best italian cook in the manga. Writing off Taku as a gag character is as problematic and ill thought as implying that Soma would never become a seated member council. Taku will rise to quickly move in to steal the spotlight from Hayama at some point in time. Taku's clearly tained extensively, why else undergo the hair change AND be relied on heavily by Soma?

/was hoping for some off-panel sexual relationship

Theres never been any proof offered to suggest SoTaku isnt canon. Why else would Taku have a Soma radar to always be able to pinpoint his exact location, and further, Soma always entertains his commentary and gets fired up by him. Meanwhile Soma ignores 75% of what Erina says, doesnt know Alice exists, sees Tadokoro as his imouto, and meat general is just there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Taku is a force to be reckoned with and has been shown to be the best italian cook in the manga. Writing off Taku as a gag character is as problematic and ill thought as implying that Soma would never become a seated member council. Taku will rise to quickly move in to steal the spotlight from Hayama at some point in time. Taku's clearly tained extensively, why else undergo the hair change AND be relied on heavily by Soma?

Theres never been any proof offered to suggest SoTaku isnt canon. Why else would Taku have a Soma radar to always be able to pinpoint his exact location, and further, Soma always entertains his commentary and gets fired up by him. Meanwhile Soma ignores 75% of what Erina says, doesnt know Alice exists, sees Tadokoro as his imouto, and meat general is just there.

To paraphrase the Hermione Granger, you could believe pretty much anything by arguing from the absence of evidence to explicitly disprove it. You might as well argue Rindou is legitimately a feline-human hybrid, Soma is a tiny alien inside a robot and Erina's dad is a ghoul (the reason she seemed scared of him is that he forces her to taste-test gourmet dishes made of human flesh).

upandaway

Hinamatsuri 10.5

Yep, figured this would end with Hitomi doing the schoolwork. Rip

edit

WZksAVd.png

hang in there hitomi-man. this manga wouldn't be the same without you.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Soft-Shelled Turtle Hamburger
Temari Bento
Kozuyu Chicken Soy Sauce Ramen
Dongpo Pork Curry Don
Canard Apicius

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You suck.

I bet you're one of those perverts who read Soma for the girls.

Angry Grimace

You suck.

That's not even an insult. The dudes in this series are (probably intentionally) far less entertaining than the girls. Hayama's schtick has bothered me ever since he showed up smelling fucking cinnamon sticks all day, Soma's a pretty generic hot-blooded shonen protaganist, Takumi's just bad comic relief, etc.

The girls are a lot more amusing to watch interact with everyone else. That's probably just catering to the audience that wants to see their clothes explode, but it ends up that all the fun characters are those people anyways.

The only male character I can say would be in my favorite character list is Isshiki, really.

That's not even an insult. The dudes in this series are (probably intentionally) far less entertaining than the girls. Hayama's schtick has bothered me ever since he showed up smelling fucking cinnamon sticks all day, Soma's a pretty generic hot-blooded shonen protaganist, Takumi's just bad comic relief, etc.

The girls are a lot more amusing to watch interact with everyone else. That's probably just catering to the audience that wants to see their clothes explode, but it ends up that all the fun characters are those people anyways.

The only male character I can say would be in my favorite character list is Isshiki, really.
No Dojima? BOOOOOO

Arabesque

Soft-Shelled Turtle Hamburger
Temari Bento
Kozuyu Chicken Soy Sauce Ramen
Dongpo Pork Curry Don
Canard Apicius

Translation

Hisako
Alice
Megumi
Mito
Hayama

If the dishes translate to characters that is.

Favourite dishes

Apple Risotto
Mapo Tofou
Kebab Burger
Boeuf Bourguignon
Curry Bread Calzone

You suck.

That's like 1/5th of the reason people read Soma for.

upandaway

A Method to Make a Gentle World v1

I'm into it. I like how fast physics girl settled into hanging out with him in his lab. It's pretty cozy right now so I'm enjoying it a lot.

This is definitely gonna end with some damage but hopefully they can power through it.

upandaway

Eh to be honest I didn't feel much of a difference between genders in Soma by any category, which I felt is really unique for a Jump manga

Eh to be honest I didn't feel much of a difference between genders in Soma in any category, which I felt is really unique for a Jump manga

only makes sense with guys and girls all falling for soma

----------------------------------------------------

To clarify, BACCANO! is getting a hardcover print edition plus the ebooks. It will be coming out every four months, starting w/v1 in April.

ah, based yenpress

Mandelbo

Hinamatsuri 10

This is legitimately fantastic. I was chuckling throughout that part where Hina was reading the entire script out, including her stage directions, and I love the notion that the Yakuza have nothing better to do than write a speech for the student council elections. The reactions are always priceless, too!

Angry Grimace

Ah my bad i assumed you didn't like the guys because they were not original.

As far as generic shonen protags go, Soma's pretty entertaining. He doesn't really do anything all that unique though other than no-sell basically every attempt to intimidate him.

Umibozu

Stravaganza - Isai no Hime 2-13
The series really took a turn I wasn't expecting, giants are cool, a lot more gore than I was expecting too, and great strong female characters but the fan service for them is a little much.

pepe moro, pep-poro, pero

Angry Grimace

Also the shipping

you can't forget that

sup Arabesque

The more panel time Crab-head gets the more her fanbase grows

I remember there was a bunch of Erina haters but people seeing her other forms of attitude and character is slowly thawing away the ice

The more panel time Crab-head gets the more her fanbase grows

I remember there was a bunch of Erina haters but people seeing her other forms of attitude and character is slowly thawing away the ice

No, there's a fair amount of people who don't like Erina still.😎 I for one don't find any redeemable traits she has inb4 her design, there's a superior Nakiri with a better design named Alice.

Shokugeki no Soma 1-12

Wait I thought people said this got less lewd after peanut butter squid. Was that just the anime?

I mean, it's never as bad as that example again, but it's still pretty fanservicey afterwards. Though it does get much less fanservicey eventually, but fanservice is still a part of the series even now

Shokugeki no Soma 1-12

Wait I thought people said this got less lewd after peanut butter squid. Was that just the anime?

Anime doesnt have Tosh art.

Sentou Hakai Gakuen Dangerous ch18

RIP Akito. I loled at the font used for the vertical text. Dat thick white border lololol.

I chapter just dedicated to a dude making swords. Meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom