• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So latest Toriko confirms for me that all those jokes about them skipping a ton of chapters a while ago were actually true. Like seriously, did we really just skip the whole "another" plot line with the souls and shit?

Lain

Keijo 52

ioV2W6O.png

Yeah that's a look that says Nozomi harem+1

They had a Senran Kagura moment for a bit there in the final attack

Her butt is just irresistible.
Speaking of butts, I loved the "does she plan on butting heads with her" phrase. The dudes working on this project (on both sides of the fence) are some pretty funny people.

Zweizer

Banned
so terrible.

I honestly think the first season or series or version or whatever you want to call it is a masterful work. This aimless, ameable slice-of-life about an after-uni club - it's really great. The inevitable graduation, finding a job, adult fears and relationships, all overlaid with a gentle pattering of nerd humour...

and then Niidame came out and it was just, like, incredible anime. Incredibly anime! What happened?

Probably a combination of the author not being able to score another hit and him wanting to satisfy some vocal parts of the fanbase about validating the otaku culture.

It's a shame, really, as the cast of the second season isn't really bad by itself, but the whole thing is handled so poorly that you just want it to get over with.

bobohoro

Maou No Hajimekata 7

Dark elf being badass and fun. Kinda uneventful chapter overall though. And no, not just because no-sex.

Bleach 646

More eye fetish than Naruto.

One Piece 803

Blackbeard vs. Revolutionary Army? That could be fun.
And everyone reacting to the Ninja was hilarious.

Revo

Toriko 342

super mega canned
completely skipping the rest of that arc rip

wonder if they have something food/another super big world series they're hype about and don't want any competition
or just rip toriko

Zweizer

Banned
One Piece ch803

The Revolutionaries, Blackbeard and Buggy on the move. It's going to be interesting.

Even Zoro is interested by ninjas it would seem, lol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toriko

What the fuck just happened? They seriously skipped over an entire arc? Yeah, this sounds like the series got cancelled and he's being told to wrap it up.

Zweizer

Banned
Hajiotsu ch20

Nothing like a supposed rival to move things forward.

Well, holding hands is the pinnacle of a relationship after all...

Eventually, I Will Become Yours ch5.5

And now this all changed.

Shengar

It's kinda amazing how it fell prey to the very same tropes it poked fun at.
A saddening irony indeed.
What's most unfortunate is the author unnecessarily used Genshiken. If he want to turn himself into living irony by catering to the otaku audience, he could do it without tarnishing Genshiken in the process.

Zweizer

Banned
A saddening irony indeed.
What's most unfortunate is the author unnecessarily used Genshiken. If he want to turn himself into living irony by catering to the otaku audience, he could do it without tarnishing Genshiken in the process.

As some have pointed out before, the author might have wanted to go for a meta-meta-joke in that what was originally a deconstruciton of the otaku culture suddenly embraced it.

Obviously, he failed miserably, and Genshiken suffered for it.

Jump Issue 46 Rankings

Boku no Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Page)
1.Assassination Classroom
2.One Piece
Mononofu
3.Black Clover
Shokugeki no Souma (Color Page)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
4.Haikyuu!!
No.9 (One Shot, Color Page)
5.PSI Kusuo Saiki
Hinomaru Zumou (Color Page)
6.Sesuji wo Pin! to
7.Toriko
8.Kochikame
9.Nisekoi
10.Kagamigami
11.World Trigger
12.Bleach
13.Best Blue
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Absent: Gintama

Zweizer

Banned
(NSFW) Rival wa Nyotaikasasete Haramaseru by Jagausa

Thomas Edison gets gender swapped and banged by Graham Bell.
How patent wars should be.

I'm eagerly awaiting a sequel featuring Nikola Tesla.

Best Blue is already dead and Toriko has been sent to an early grave, Jump is running out of bottom feeder series.
Gintama is temporally safe due to hiatus
I can see Nisekoi, Gintama, and Toriko ending soon
if Soma gets rushed too though

Bleach

He looks like a Marijuana leaf

OP
mSxuKrv.png

lol I love Robin's taste in things... also lol at Koala blushing at Dragon's praise

Dragon calling on Koala to gather everyone might mean that he knows that Burgess is there

When they mentioned the word ninja all the guys with even Law looked interested

it seems every major party is off to do something.... big setup for Kaido's big war

Toriko

OKay this is end series.... Toriko got some end game power up (sorry Blue) and we skipped Area 6

BLack Clover doing so well in an off week. Perhaps all the Toriko, Bleach, and Naruto fans have become hardcore BLack Clover ones. Oh well, I cant wait for BLack Clover 10th,15th, and 20th anniversary excitement.

I wish swimming had done well.

Though I still want JUMP to do a good baseball or soccer or shuffleboard manga.

Jump Issue 46 Rankings

Boku no Hero Academia (Cover, Lead Color Page)
1.Assassination Classroom
2.One Piece
Mononofu
3.Black Clover
Shokugeki no Souma (Color Page)
Samon-kun wa Summoner
4.Haikyuu!!
No.9 (One Shot, Color Page)
5.PSI Kusuo Saiki
Hinomaru Zumou (Color Page)
6.Sesuji wo Pin! to
7.Toriko
8.Kochikame
9.Nisekoi
10.Kagamigami
11.World Trigger
12.Bleach
13.Best Blue
Isobe Isobee Monogatari

Absent: Gintama

rip swimming rip
Kagamigami is bouncing around the bottom half though. Still feel like its dead since Bleach and World Trigger are like zombies

LeleSocho

Banned
Toriko
Not like this Shueisha... not like this.

One Piece
This was totally Robin's chapter, i don't care who else appeared she was the only thing that mattered in this chapter.

Arabesque

rip swimming rip
Kagamigami is bouncing around the bottom half though. Still feel like its dead since Bleach and World Trigger are like zombies

It feels like it's dead because it's already dead. Bleach is on its way out (and slowly losing readership) and World Trigger is at the end of the magazine due to editorial decision.

Poor Iwashiro, he deserves better than this :(

Shokugeki no Soma Spoilers 138

Erina might stay at the PSD, Alice and co already left and it seems later in the chapter Hisako leaves too.... Azami already knew that Erina and co might run away and sends his aide to find their location

PSD learns about Erina's past and get sympathetic with her and even later crying.... Some are excited that they have her tasting skills available for their cooking. Erina sees Hisako and Soma talking to each other and wonders how they became buds. Soma later leaves to the kitchen to cook and Erina starts to see Jōichirō in Soma for a instant.

maybe she is connecting the dots

rip swimming rip

World Trigger sales are increasing and if it wasnt for its break every three weeks or so, then maybe.Also WT is safe for a year if we assume they wouldnt end a series while its anime is airing.

Arabesque

Erina might stay at the PSD, Alice and co already left and it seems later in the chapter Hisako leaves too.... Azami already knew that Erina and co might run away and sends his aide to find their location

PSD learns about Erina's past and get sympathetic with her and even later crying.... Some are excited that they have her tasting skills available for their cooking. Erina sees Hisako and Soma talking to each other and wonders how they became buds. Soma later leaves to the kitchen to cook and Erina starts to see Jōichirō in Soma for a instant.

It's nice to see Hisako and Soma still be pretty chill with each other. Hope we get more of them in the future.

Shouta

AKB49 249 Raw

Damn, that was kind of a heavy chapter. Dat resolve and dat emotion. ;_;

14 Chapters until the end.

Kyuur

One Piece

Holy shit, I completely forgot Caesar was still with Sanji and co. Was he in the chapter last time we saw them?

Revolutionaries vs Blackbeard isn't something I saw coming at all, he sure does like stirring shit though so I guess its not that surprising. Wonder if we'll actually see the fight or just hear some stuff.

Buggy's members getting stolen by Luffy is hilarious. Hopefully that means a reunion is coming :lol:

I have to say, I love the complexity that Vivre cards bring to One Piece's progression. Hell, did we even use the new Log Pose yet (was that how they got to Punk Hazard? I forget).

Toriko

Well, that confirms the quick ending I guess. Its a shame because the last couple chapters have been ace, but I thought we were still going go back to the ghost arc after a bit.

upandaway

One Piece

I don't see any reason for a fight between BB and revolutionaries to happen right now. I think he'll do something bigger with the information.

Blackbeard likes to start things but he's also a coward. I doubt he'll crash the place without a much bigger plan. He doesn't even have anything to gain from beating the Revolutionaries HQ by himself, aside from notoriety (that he already has a lot of). If I remember right Burgess only fought Sabo because he tried going for Luffy?

It's a different matter if this is the only time he can do it because of Burgess' vivre card though and he can't revisit later.

One Piece

I don't see any reason for a fight between BB and revolutionaries to happen right now. I think he'll do something bigger with the information.

Blackbeard likes to start things but he's also a coward. I doubt he'll crash the place without a much bigger plan. He doesn't even have anything to gain from beating the Revolutionaries HQ by himself, aside from notoriety (that he already has a lot of). If I remember right Burgess only fought Sabo because he tried going for Luffy?

It's a different matter if this is the only time he can do it because of Burgess' vivre card though and he can't revisit later.
I had the idea that Kuzan is actually a revo leader now, and he's working with BB as an undercover mission and so he'll show up at the meeting and Burgess will find out

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
One Piece

I think he just wants the weapons. I imagine there will be a raid by Blackbeard to try and steal them and something will happen from there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The only way she is going to get that news is if he comes and delivers it personally

Ray Down

Banned
Don't know if this was posted but whatever: http://hayarashi.tumblr.com/post/130632170045/king-vessel-selection-tegaki-i-believe-it-takes

Ohtaka posted this, it's just a short story mostly involving Kouen, Hakuyuu and Hakuren.

But the interesting bit is with Gyouken (who already controlled by Arba at this point) & Judar. He refers to Hakuyuu and Hakuren as being different and Gyouken agree even saying they can't be his King vessels...why is that I wonder.

What was different about them and it doesn't seen to apply to Hakuei or Hakuryuu which is even stranger.

This is also taking place the same year the 2 were killed.

Man I hate Arba, can't wait for Hakuryuu and Kouen to team up and permanently kill her for good and truly get there revenge.

Big One

Banned
Toriko 342 C

I mean this was a good chapter, but not like this. Fuck ending this series so quick.

Toriko was finally hitting it's stride in the Gourmet World and becoming a truly awesome and unique manga.

I'm actually kind of hoping the anime fillers the shit out of this if they're rushing it this fast. Of course he might pull a fast one and have Toriko and crew go into space or some shit in the next arcs.

Toriko 342 C

I mean this was a good chapter, but not like this. Fuck ending this series so quick.

Toriko was finally hitting it's stride in the Gourmet World and becoming a truly awesome and unique manga.

I'm actually kind of hoping the anime fillers the shit out of this if they're rushing it this fast. Of course he might pull a fast one and have Toriko and crew go into space or some shit in the next arcs.

Toriko anime got canceled/ended with a filler ending and if the manga is now being rushed to ending I doubt we'll ever see another Toriko anime unless someone passion projects the shit out of it in 20 years.

Kitan Jojishi Mother Goose (one-shot)

4JyImmf.jpg

A descendant of Robin Hood plays target practice with murderous nursery rhymes, accompanied by an S-Rank ghost waifu. Winner of the October 2015 award for favourite premise and best new heroine. It needs to be serialised before you can say "Three Blind Mice", with a full reset because not-so-Bloody Mary is irreplaceable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom