• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm assuming they're referring to Onani Master Kurosawa.

Oh, and read Molester Man and Husky & Medley as well, if you like it.
Thanks!

Onani Master Kurosawa 1

This is supposed to be a middle school kid? I would've mistaken him for a high schooler. But anyway, this is actually an interesting premise. Is the plot good?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tenohira Size 4

Is the asshole going to fall in love with her at some point? It's really shaping up like that.

Boku wa Ohime-sama ni Narenai 1-3

Everything about this is amazing.

Got Assassination Classroom v6 and Twin Star Exorcists v2 today (no pictures). Irina & Karasuma are so funny.
CQq7WtQUYAAJLry.jpg:large

Hunter x Hunter 200-220 Chimera Ants Arc

Gods, i'd forgotten how rough the art gets. Half done pages everywhere. Author's problem of being a rule nut hits hard too.

But seriously, that king chimera design is totes an imperfect cell/freeza mashup

Hunter x Hunter 200-220 Chimera Ants Arc

Gods, i'd forgotten how rough the art gets. Half done pages everywhere. Author's problem of being a rule nut hits hard too.

But seriously, that king chimera design is totes an imperfect cell/freeza mashup
The art is indeed rough, especially in the beginning, but I think sticking to the rules he established is great. Part of the reason why Naruto part 1 was awesome; the story revolved around the rules set.

The art is indeed rough, especially in the beginning, but I think sticking to the rules he established is great. Part of the reason why Naruto part 1 was awesome; the story revolved around the rules set.

Indeed. The problem, if one wants to call it that, is as follows:
first arc: hunter exam. Rules established, then discarded.
second arc: yorkshin. nen rules established, developed, kept.
third arc: greed island: game rules established. discarded.
fourth arc: chimera ants: breeding feeding rules established. imma guess that it'll be discarded at the arc's end. signs of serious power creep.

Of course by then i'd be complaining about a shonen battle manga being, yknow, a shonen battle manga. Just bothers me how he spends whole chapters setting up the rules every time a new arc starts. Then there's stuff like the dodgeball game and the whole pirates thing. Rules on top of rules.

Indeed. The problem, if one wants to call it that, is as follows:
first arc: hunter exam. Rules established, then discarded.
second arc: yorkshin. nen rules established, developed, kept.
third arc: greed island: game rules established. discarded.
fourth arc: chimera ants: breeding feeding rules established. imma guess that it'll be discarded at the arc's end. signs of serious power creep.

Of course by then i'd be complaining about a shonen battle manga being, yknow, a shonen battle manga. Just bothers me how he spends whole chapters setting up the rules every time a new arc starts. Then there's stuff like the dodgeball game and the whole pirates thing. Rules on top of rules.
What is the purpose of the ants breeding? Think about that and consider whether or not it would be okay if the rules were discarded. I think it's interesting since I have yet to see anyone with hax in Hunter X Hunter.

Turok_TTZ

UQ HOLDER! 96

and just like that... Touta > 99% Male MCs that have any love interests.

top kek up until that last page. god damn it Eva.

What is the purpose of the ants breeding? Think about that and consider whether or not it would be okay if the rules were discarded. I think it's interesting since I have yet to see anyone with hax in Hunter X Hunter.

No no, you're confusing what i mean by discarded. I mean that at the end of this arc chimera ants would probably stop being a factor in the world, not that the rules by which they operate will be haxxed.

In the same vein, the whole manga is about rules. Each nen using character has his own subset of rules, which they usually clearly state, and then the author drops even more rules on top, like when he introduced the concept of nen points during the fight with the shounan-junai-gumi character and then explained compound interest.

It's quite fascinating how often characters simply halt whatever they're doing in order to explain whatever new rules the author wants to introduce.

For example: here are gon and killua heading to some place, and killua just casually drops a whole page of near solid text explaining moar rules. Chapter 230.
Author abhors show, don't tell.

UQ Holder

Holy shit, Touta gives no fucks. Most straightforward Ken Akamatsu lead ever.

And Eva knows she's already his waifu. There's no point in fighting it.

No no, you're confusing what i mean by discarded. I mean that at the end of this arc chimera ants would probably stop being a factor in the world, not that the rules by which they operate will be haxxed.

In the same vein, the whole manga is about rules. Each nen using character has his own subset of rules, which they usually clearly state, and then the author drops even more rules on top, like when he introduced the concept of nen points during the fight with the shounan-junai-gumi character and then explained compound interest.

It's quite fascinating how often characters simply halt whatever they're doing in order to explain whatever new rules the author wants to introduce.

For example: here are gon and killua heading to some place, and killua just casually drops a whole page of near solid text explaining moar rules. Chapter 230.

Author abhors show, don't tell.

Thing is I really don't mind it, seeing as 9 out of 10 times the exposition is done well.

dumbyugi

UQ Holder

Lol at Touta just going for it. Easily the most direct Akamatsu lead ever. Next chapter should have the Negima characters from the last chapter so I'm looking foward to that.

Big One

Banned
Bleach 646 D

Back to more lackluster fighting again as Bleach standard. Shunsui is cool at least but these waves of Quincy are really dragging this arc down much like how it dragged down the Arrancar arc.

One Piece 803 B+

Pretty solid this week though I still want a better translation for this especially with all the appearances made this chapter. It's nice to see Buggy again and actually doing something important as well as seeing the Blackbeard pirates. Blackbeard vs. the Revolutionaries is going to be hype as fuck and genuinely curious how that's going to affect the story with the Revolutionaries place as a third wheel of power.

Raizou making all the boys get excited made me lol as did Robin's love for Kanjuro's dragon.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I only saw one page of the new Shokugeki chapter without any context but lol
it looks like she really does end up at a Polar Star Rager

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm reading a manga called "My Part Time Job is an "Evil Organization"?! (Baito Saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"?! )

It's about a high school student that needs a part time job to the kids at the orphanage he grew up in. He finds an application for a "Evil Organization", applies for it, and gets hired.

I lost it when the mid boss looking captain of his squad, Mr. Hippo,
got crucified by the Power Fire Rangers.

Kvik

OK, catching up with some manga.

Prison School 192

Fucking Kiyoshi. At this point he's just like "anything goes". Next chapter they'll probably make the VP chug a whole bottle of root beer.

Dungeon Meshi 12

Painting-ception. And of course he's still hungry when he exits the painting.

Dungeon Meshi 13

Crab-mimic drop rates is crap. At least they're delicious.

Droplet

I'm reading a manga called "My Part Time Job is an "Evil Organization"?! (Baito Saki wa "Aku no Soshiki"?! )

It's about a high school student that needs a part time job to the kids at the orphanage he grew up in. He finds an application for a "Evil Organization", applies for it, and gets hired.

I lost it when the mid boss looking captain of his squad, Mr. Hippo,
got crucified by the Power Fire Rangers.

Read it, it's pretty funny and cute. I'm getting some serious Samumenco vibes from the pink ranger.

B.O.O.M

Fire Brigade of Flames 00-01

I really like this. Always loved the authors art style and the setting and story is interesting enough. The protag is pretty good too.

dumbyugi

Maou no Hajimekata 7

I think this was the first chapter without a sex scene. I'm glad that Aur is actually evil and not just pretend evil like in so many of these types of stories. This chapter did a good job showing how powerful Aur and his army are but I do hope he faces some kind of challenge eventually.

Jintor

It's kinda amazing how it fell prey to the very same tropes it poked fun at.

so terrible.

I honestly think the first season or series or version or whatever you want to call it is a masterful work. This aimless, ameable slice-of-life about an after-uni club - it's really great. The inevitable graduation, finding a job, adult fears and relationships, all overlaid with a gentle pattering of nerd humour...

and then Niidame came out and it was just, like, incredible anime. Incredibly anime! What happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom