• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Trigger 118
tumblr_nw4b7xtiR11qbxqfpo1_1280.png

All my favorite snipers together in one panel, Ken Satori, Hanzaki, and even Taichi!

I hope the plot doesnt imply no Hyuse for Tamakoma-2.

Arabesque

Both of those fights were excellent, though due to Rakan's status as an illusion person he gets robbed by Fate.

Watching Rakan defy fate (pun intended) was pretty awesome to see. Especially when he just came back to have his final speech to Negi to snap him out of his berserk mode.

Nodoka was pure bamf when she took on Dynamis and continues to cement my feeling either her or Chisame will win if they ever officially confirm a "win" girl... Though at the same time its hard not to draw a parallel between Nagi and the queen of calamity and Negi and the princess of twilight so I can't fully count out Asuna even if she's more a big sister type.

By the end of the series you'll see where Asuna goes and whether it's even possible for her to end up with Negi (it's not likely, if not outright impossible).

Besides, Asuna is related to Negi. I mean they are royalty and whatnot so incest is a possibility but I doubt it here. Besides, the parallel stuff is more inline now with Chisame than with Asuna all things considered.

Nodoka is, alongside Yue and Setsuna, the characters that developed the most throughout the story. Her fight with Dynamis was perfect because it is how a support character in a battle party ought to fight. Watching her outsmart someone who is stronger than her and manage to get the critical info to turn the entire situation around was so satisfying.

As for the pairings, yes, Nodoka and Chisame are pretty much the most likely candidates. Other than them Fake!Asuna and Chachamaru are also possible (because Luna had technically been the main girl for such a long time and Asuna had been out of the picture for so long, and Chachamaru gained a soul thanks to Negi) and that's pretty much it.

Unless Akamatsu decides to troll and Negi ends up with Ako or Makie of all people.

And Luna falling for Negi makes a lot of sense based upon her situation, at the same time she probably has no idea what its like to have a will or personality of her own. It'd be fun to see that developed though I imagine we won't have time for that to happen before the series ends.

You'll see some more from Luna before the end and see why she's important to Negi and Fate. There isn't much time till the end of the series but the upcoming stuff is also pretty good concerning the Magical World at least.

Lately I've been in a manga devouring mood, in the past few weeks I've marathoned

Blue Exorcist
Assassination Classroom
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Seraph of the End
One Punch Man

And now Negima, Negima is easily the best/my favorite of the bunch with probably OPM being the series I really don't care for.

Pretty good selection of Shonen manga. Negima is pretty good though I'm partial to World a trigger and Blue Exorcist myself.

World Trigger 118
I hope the plot doesnt imply no Hyuse for Tamakoma-2.

If anything, it implies that Hyuse will join since Osamu is going to get the info he needs to get him to listen to him.

More interested in where Ema is taking Chika to.

Marche90

Blue Exorcist
Assassination Classroom
Nisekoi
World Trigger
Seraph of the End
One Punch Man

And now Negima, Negima is easily the best/my favorite of the bunch with probably OPM being the series I really don't care for.

Funny, I didn't cared for One Punch Man before, and I was completely apathic to it.

And then I read the first chapter an hour ago. I'm on chapter 20. I can't stop and started the anime on Daisuki. Shit's utterly hilarious

o_O

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 80

Honestly liking Aoi more than Koyuki more at this point right now. Koyuki just feels like the girl that'll always fall behind. She's going to have to do something to make me stop pitying her.

bigkrev

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 20

Sorry dude, that was totally a confession, dropped while One Direction music is playing

Still the cutest thing in the world.

ElFly

Prison School 193

not a lot happened, but I feel weird with Hana just acting natural with Chiyo

it's not like she didn't threat Kiyoshi to show the pictures to her, she knows what's the deal here

Conan-san

Hero Acadaemia
How on earth did that many joke votes (and maybe protest votes in the case of the Zoo cast) get into the popularity vote?

Food Wars
Calling it, Factory Cooking (Think how what's-his-name was farting out sub-standard sweatshop produced crap in Bakuman)

The rest (Except for One Piece which is just in mId-arc wheel spin mode and Toriko because literally who but especialy that Kishimoto one shot, so he was just boring from the off and Naruto's first arc had enough good in it to hide it, apparently)
*Long, Drug out Fart Nose with the occasional sputter to simulate sharting*

Yeah, the talk from a few pages back about Viz, Sunday series and Magi. They publish other Sunday series like Arata and Itsuwaribito. I'm not worried about Magi's poor sales juts disappointed. Shogakukan has a controlling interest in Viz and it is rumored that it's hard to cancel their series like when they stopped doing Gintama and Reborn. Brave Firefighter Daigo only sold a few hundred copies and was fully released. Proud owner.

Conan-san

Speaking of, is anyone confused about how they're doing the new Death Note Dood's work? Is that in Jump or are they trying to shrill that separately?

Because if the latter that really bums my smokes.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 174

I think it has a lot to do with Misuzu being really honest and genuine with Tomo, and mostly deriving kicks from torturing Jun because he's dragging his heels in the sand when it comes to her best friend.

Mononoke Sharing 1

mLsEAGU.jpg

Slice-of-comedy series about a FeMC living with 5 well endowed monster girls. Collectively they're a bit lacking on the monstrous side, and 3.5/5 of them are lame species, but will read regardless.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Prison School 193

not a lot happened, but I feel weird with Hana just acting natural with Chiyo

it's not like she didn't threat Kiyoshi to show the pictures to her, she knows what's the deal here
I have seen many a scene of girls who hate each other talking quite normally. They can contain it.

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch193

Gakuto is truly the best friend one can ask for~

I wonder what craziness the chairman will be able to pull off.

Lain

Saseyo Eroika 1-2

Never thought mosquito bites could make women so hot they became perverts or collapsed to the ground.
The first two chapters were entertaining, despite a lot of annoying things.

Speaking of, is anyone confused about how they're doing the new Death Note Dood's work? Is that in Jump or are they trying to shrill that separately?

Viz wants 99 cents a chapter for it.
Rikudou 37
Yeah, I can't see any situation where the kid isn't both mentally and physically broken by the end of the manga.
Keep reading, his troubles grow but somehow I feel better about myself after reading it. I enjoy the good cry.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Prison School ch. 193

I'm excited to see what sort of fuckery is in store for the Chairman.

I was really hoping this would read right to left like it's supposed to, but it's Dark Horse so I guess they have to butcher it just like they did to Akira.

Dang, just how wide is that book?

Zweizer

Banned
Murciélago ch31-34.5

That factory scene was hella disturbing, and yet the manga still managed to make me feel a bit sorry for the guy. Is there something wrong with me? At least this arc is over.

I wonder if the sniper will make a bigger appearance next.

Kuroko best protagonist ever.

Hinako best sidekick.

Negima ~295

This truly feels like a case of "did I forget anything as I head into the final battle? Oh shit that Zazie girl I better make her show up to make sure that isn't a lose end". I get the impression the author did not originally plan this to be the "final battle" but he ratcheted up the stakes too high where it had to be the final battle. Explains the rapid pactio kissing chapter and the random "oh all of you come back to mahora" for the girls left behind in England. This ending is still really exciting and enjoyable where instead of a rushed "oh I'm getting canceled" like Toriko it feels somewhat like the author is in control of how he wants things to play out. I guess this is why some people call him a hack for not better planning these things out.

mdubs

Banned

It's a fair price imo considering they are monthly length chapters. Print is usually like $10 a volume for like 4 chapters. $0.99 a chapter is like $4 a volume, plus its simulpup so the way they are doing it is A-OK in my books, especially since I don't really have too much of an interest in subscribing to Jump anyways.

Also, I made an OT here for it! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122676

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom