• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

It's a fair price imo considering they are monthly length chapters. Print is usually like $10 a volume for like 4 chapters. $0.99 a chapter is like $4 a volume, plus its simulpup so the way they are doing it is A-OK in my books, especially since I don't really have too much of an interest in subscribing to Jump anyways.

Also, I made an OT here for it! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1122676

Given that I pay about that for an issue of Shonen Jump, half of which is a rag of crap (and I'm probably being generous there), I'd much rather it be part of that.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 90
VHL5L8t.jpg
Rena used Destiny Bond.
Asou used Wake-Up Slap. The attack missed!

It looks like 3 player mode was too perfect to last. 8 chapters left for things to get even better/worse.

I wonder what OT6 could have contained to cause its disappearance.
The thread title was too lewd for our google overlords. OTE/P are next. RIP.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

Erina finally gets to play cards.

-TRUE ENDING UNLOCKED

Negima ~334

Woah wait what? When did Nagi become the mage of the beginning?

I'll save further comments till I finish but this just felt out of nowhere

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Negima ~334

The answer is "we don't know." Remember how we told you he just skipped the final arc?

Arabesque

Negima ~334

If you are at this point, then you read about Zect (Nagi's master and former ally) becoming the leader of CE suddenly yeah? And you remember that bit about him escaping after Nagi defeated the Mage of Beginning during the Akira flashback?

Common theory is that the Lifemaker can body snatch/possess people after Nagi defeated her he first time, hence why Zect became the new MotB and then later on Nagi became the new one sometime later
and then Negi eventually after Asuna is gone

The answer is "we don't know." Remember how we told you he just skipped the final arc?

LOL but we do know Nagi and Negi are both alive during UQ Holder correct? So everyone is holding out for UQ Holder to have a flash back/explantion arc of what was skipped?

Also

Negima 336

:dtl :dtl :dtl :dtl

Arabesque

LOL but we do know Nagi and Negi are both alive during UQ Holder correct?

It's questionable if Nagi is still "alive" given he's just a mortal man after a 100 years of being possessed.

Negi on the other hand is harder to talk about until you read the chapter before the ending.

Marche90

LOL but we do know Nagi and Negi are both alive during UQ Holder correct? So everyone is holding out for UQ Holder to have a flash back/explantion arc of what was skipped?

Also

Negima 336

Bonus: I recommend checking out side by side page 30 of the first chapter and page 7 of the chapter you read.

The art evolution really hits you home after seeing that.

Negima ~fin

Yeah it feels like we missed a story or two, and Asuna's "sacrifice" was too quickly undone, and that final chapter while heart warming felt unearned due to the above mentioned skipped story line or two, but overall I still enjoyed the finale warts and all and really loved Negima. I'll post some extended thoughts tomorrow after I have time to process everything.

Guess its time to catch up on UQ Holder

Arabesque

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Waiting to see your more in depth thoughts on it.

I think that after everything is said and done, I think the ending itself is good even if we had to press the skip button to get there and miss a ton of stuff in the process (I mean, just look at the class sheet Asuna and Negi look at and scribble all of those notes on, jeez). It's unfortunate, but hey the cast got their super happy ending and all lived happily ever after, saving the world from destruction.

Shame about the Martian Independence Wars though.

Angry Grimace

Also

Negima 336

I don't think its been confirmed that Nagi is alive, has it?

Oddman 11 22

Time to wait another 4 months for a chapter

Murcielago 31-34.5

This series gets really fucked up for like a page or two then goes back to lesbians

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Waiting to see your more in depth thoughts on it.

I think that after everything is said and done, I think the ending itself is good even if we had to press the skip button to get there and miss a ton of stuff in the process (I mean, just look at the class sheet Asuna and Negi look at and scribble all of those notes on, jeez). It's unfortunate, but hey the cast got their super happy ending and all lived happily ever after, saving the world from destruction.

Shame about the Martian Independence Wars though.

Yeah I have a lesson tonight then have to be up early for work tomorrow, that and I think I read most of the series in about a week lol

I don't think its been confirmed that Nagi is alive, has it?

I thought I saw an image of the two of them in UQ Holder? Touta gets warped to their location? Its after where I stopped reading the manga (mid 60s once Maya was introduced and the series started hard core referencing Negima). If the image was something else in context my mistake.

Arabesque

Yeah, that did happen in UQ Holder, right when the tournament arc started and Touta tried to enroll into it. The Lifemaker sent him a letter that teleported him to what looked like Mars and they meet both Negi and Nagi seemingly.

The 2 will end up deader than dead by the end of he manga for sure, but for the time being it looks like they are both "alive" as part of the Mage of the Beginning.

Angry Grimace

Yamada and the Seven

Doesn't Miyamura already have a bunch of girls after him? Who cares about this one random girl?

UQ Holder

Eh, training arcs are boring, lets have some romance. Nothing is going to light the fire under those girls like a rival appearing. Nice callback to earlier chapters as well, was wondering when she would turn up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom