• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking this out because of the recent posts (and i trust you guys..most of the time)

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. 1

Seems alright but man at the last page.

Shit is gonna go sideways with this thing because of that.

Let's see how this works out

Japanese Manga Sales Oct 5-11

*1. 808,741 2,276,482 One Piece Vol.79
*2. 261,773 *,615,795 Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Vol.16
*3. 236,318 *,603,815 Haikyuu!! Vol.18

*5. 175,315 *,348,215 Shokugeki no Souma Vol.15
11. *43,899 *,121,727 Haikyuu!! Complete Guidebook Haikyuubon!

15. *41,198 *,*75,400 Saiki Kusuo no Ψ Nan Vol.15

18. *37,340 *,*80,462 Black Clover Vol.3
27. *26,055 *,*63,330 Let's! Haikyuu!? Vol.2
28. *22,729 *,*45,281 Soul Catcher(S) Vol.9

Haikyuu!! already Assassination Classroom level and will soon surpass it, and in that top 500 listing every HQ volume charted, Big sales for even its second season maintaining a boost. Go best sports manga go.

BLack Clover so close to 100K and passing Saiki Kusuo :( Hope they give us an BC anime fast.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how in Negima every chance the author had for a panty shot he took, in UQ Holder there's been no panty shots so far instead everyone's just straight up nude half the time. The highlight of this being Karin doing flips and shit not showing us a single panty shot, then her clothing gets completely destroyed and she finishes the fight completely nude like its no big deal.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MagicSkirt

I like how in Negima every chance the author had for a panty shot he took, in UQ Holder there's been no panty shots so far instead everyone's just straight up nude half the time. The highlight of this being Karin doing flips and shit not showing us a single panty shot, then her clothing gets completely destroyed and she finishes the fight completely nude like its no big deal.

I think hes trying for a less juvenile fanservice style with this one. Love hina and negima was filled with cheap panty shot style service scenes.

Imperial Guards v1 & v2

Quite peculiar how these characters are written. Intensely militaristic, and yet it seems that the author chose to write the more fantastical elements as if they've simply been a part of the world's arsenal for quite a long while. It's refreshing, really.

Plus the dragon and cat becoming bros was all sorts of d'aaaawwww

Love the cray eyes on the lieutenant. Never thought perfectly round dotted circles could be so interesting.

Then went and saw what else the author did. A ton of novels, games, and... highschool of the dead? what the heck.

Usobuko

Banned
Tonari no Onna Chapter 2

BboK0xS.jpg

A struggling artist couldn't make end meets.

A self-deceiving belief to the possibilities of what 300 yen could bring.

There is just something about Yoshiharu Tsuge manga that strike a chord with me. I love him.

45. *15,556 *,*15,556 Kengan Ashura Vol.140

Expect the upcoming anime to boost this martial arts manga.

Numb

Doupo Cangqiong 137-138

Yeah baby. MC stealing shit again while getting the affection of 2 separate hot girls one which he is stealing from and the other who actually wants to kill him for real. Playa!!
An MC that is good with good intentions but can't help but judge all the time. Love the guy.

Furyous

Black Haze 129

Any odds on what Opion's deal with the other guys was?

The leader of the tower knows Rood's identity so it's looking grim. Hopefully, dude powerful guy that is hiding sides with Rood and wrecks the tower.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Stretch end
So, it end. One of the most enjoyable SoL about two girl who share an apartment, living and doing stretch togethre. The stretch part become a gimmick that are used to hook the reader, but the author manage to hold on thanks to the storytelling and comedy. It end with beautifully. No character making sudden remark. Everything heal as time goes on. They both move on from tragedy that struck them by living together and fsimply filling their everyday life with positive attitude.
Great manga, will recommend to read.
Note: The teasing on the other hand, might make yuri/shojo ai fan furious!

Jintor

as long as the author doesn't go back to drawing doujin with extremely questionable subject matter i think i'll be happy. that talent is wasted on that shit.

man even if they went back to tracing pics for their yuri manga i wouldn't mind.

Please check out the anime it has the goddess of musics top 3 song, [ "Saved" by Maaya Sakamoto ]

I have stopped watching anime, especially if it's an adaption but i might check this one out.

Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha. 2

As expected this predicament is oozing future shenanigans and i'm interested but then i saw this

http://imgur.com/gfN3kmC

Best Characters so far in this Story
0. Uka
Everybody else

Famassu

Not sure if it has been discussed here (probably, but don't visit the thread much), but Kodansha has resumed Vinland Saga's localization for at least two volumes. Vol 6 was released just recently and the Vol 7 will be released by the end of the year. If those don't sell well enough, they are gonna drop the English localization. So go buy some quality shit in the form of Vinland Saga, people!

Numb

Bleach

The next guy seems brainless and straight forward so no making shit along i hope.
Last page saved this chap. That moment you are surprised they do that thing cos you have so little faith in Bleach and expect them to just die before it.

LeleSocho

Banned
Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! Extra 1-8

G-Gao~

Also there's a good Misuzu smile in there, someone should tell Tanabe.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! 176
She brought tape from home just to make him stop... you know what that means? She actually thinks about him!

Dynedom

So... how many Bankais are left to see? Was that the last one which we haven't seen? Soon...

Ukitake (which we won't get)
Shinji (which we most assuredly will)
Love (lol who?)
Aizen (lolz)
Kenpachi (I'm guessing Yachiru is going to be a part of his bankai if we go down this route)

In terms of outside chances:
Rangiku
Hisagi

Real outside chance:
Momo
Kira

We also have to see Ichigo's new Bankai

Kyuur

Toriko

Jokes on us, we're going to do this arc in a flashback! Maybe!? Guess we'll see. This manga is completely unpredictable sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom