• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobohoro

Mahou Sensei Negima! 27

I like how Asuna and Kamo-kun are already lazing around the dorm together on their day off. Best buds.
Going through the early parts of the manga again is more enjoyable than I thought. Already knowing the cast makes it an easier read (seriously overwhelming for a first-timer to get to know all 30 classmembers) and having all those little details about their future powers and roles sewn into the introduction stages is nice fanservice. The fight with Evangeline also is actually a pretty good first example of the great battles that happen later on.

Assassination Classroom 158-160

Can't think of any other teased ships that would be worth exploring before this series is through. As I can recall all the major ones have been resolved in some way now. Sad to think this series is almost over as its so good.

Zweizer

Banned
Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki ch8

Lotta technical applications of skills again.

Better not too get involved with party drama.

Usobuko

Banned
Enidewi from Harta magazine seems pretty good.

XRPWxy1.jpg

Although I think Hakuginhi, a harem centric manga, might be more welcome here.

Zweizer

Banned

An angel and a devil living in New York City.
This is the story of several harem girls for a new ruler. The most beautiful is the silver-haired, large-chested Relenia, but she has a lot of rough edges in terms of her personality. She can jump extremely high, and she was recruited for the harem in exchange for tax exemption for her family and the promise of a cat of her very own. Martena is very anxious about not losing out to Relenia, though she seems to end up quite often in sexually charged situations with Relenia and another girl, Edel. The three of them navigate their life in the harem together!

They both look great. Too bad there doesn't seem to be any translations.

Four varied short stories, none of them were good, so just one line impressions:

Twisted.
It tries to do to much (mid life crisis story, ghost that posses the mc story) in just 32 pages, and it fails. Dialog specially feels stilted.

Kingdom of Stars.
Pseudo-high school romance story of a guy whose girl he always liked happens to be into a weird religion/cult. It basically ends before going anywhere. At least it has a pair of funny moments

Loop
A ghost trapped in a loop of having to revive the night of his murder, until he can solve his regrets. Which doesn't sound that bad as stories go, but it fell into a mediocre execution for me.

Cruel Fairy tales.
It also wasn't good. It has some interesting ideas: missing siblings, obsessed serial killers, family tragedy, twist at the end, but it's told as an uninteresting mess. Pity, Yuki Kaori can do better.

Lain

The Enidewi art-style is really great.

Hakuginhi seems less well-defined but I like that softer look.

I'd read both.

Assassination Classroom 160

As much as I really really like this chapter, I wish Japan would fucking stop with the whole "eeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhh a man and woman living together under the same roof?!?!?!" bullshit. I know I know, but specifically in this circumstance it really irritated me. Two consenting adults, not even kids, are talking about it. The one who said it is both not Japanese and didn't grow up with their cultural values and has slept with men before to kill them. Even if she's super shy around Karasuma do to actually liking him it makes absolutely no sense for her to be the one to say it.

I like that Karasuma doesn't give a fuck but god damn did this annoy me.

Kyuuyaku Märchen 1
Another manga based on a Sound Horizon album. A young boy makes a promise with his childhood waifu, but ends up breaking it after being thrown into a well and left to die. Instead of dying, he digivolves and goes around helping murdered girls get revenge for their deaths. I think. At any rate, the premise and gothic style are ridiculously relevant to my interests. Followed as closely as it's possible to follow something that's bi-monthly(?).

edit:

Shin'yaku Märchen 1
Wait, what? Another interpretation of the same album? Has Christmas come early?

Assassination Classroom 160
CRnmYRvWEAEhiF1.png

Irina best moment on a color page in this series. I laughed a lot from it.

And awesome chapter, reconfirmed canon adult otp.

I wish the Asano stuff was mentioned a bit more instead of left open ended.

The only thing left is students plot, ministries plot, and shiro's plot. Betting on spring 2016 is when this will end.

Soma

Vanilla Spider 1-3

Pretty Cool.

I'll admit that I'm not as enamored with this as I was with Chimoguri since the premise for this series is much more straightforward but it still has that strange, unique Abe Youichi charm even down to the reoccurring motifs that he continually uses in his series (random giant female student, eye-patch police officer, etc.). I'm not 100% sold on the main characters and something about the pacing seems off but it's enjoyable so far and the art is expectedly really good.

I finished reading the entirety of Negima last week, and these are my thoughts:

Negi is definitely gay.

Not enough Jack Rakan damnit.

Best girl is Nodoka.

But it doesn't matter because Negi's DEFINITELY gay.

OTP is Nagi x Arika followed by Konoka x Setsuna

Ending was the worst.

I then reread the entirety of UQ holder, it was great that I can spot the easter eggs.

Usobuko

Banned
Aoi Uroko to Suna no Machi Chapter 1

A kid move back to a rural town and reminisce of being rescued by a mermaid in the past. Only difference is the boy is the mermaid here and the girl is the one who almost drown.

Usobuko

Banned
Kingdom of Stars

Pseudo-high school romance story of a guy whose girl he always liked happens to be into a weird religion/cult. It basically ends before going anywhere. At least it has a pair of funny moments

I like this one-shot, I thought the way it ended was good. Contrast of beliefs aside, it pulls the 'shit happens, life goes on' card that is fitting to the way the story develops.

Lain

Oh look, another reason why I'll hate not being able to go to Lucca Comics&Games 2015.
I hope with the publisher that released The 'Can an Accidental Collision on the Way to School Result in a Kiss' Experiment and Fraction having him as a guest, they'll announce some of his other works for release.

Kyuur

DDDD 25-26

Huh, cast switch? Guess it isn't ending anytime soon! New characters are interesting, wonder if they'll bump into the old ones quickly or if it'll be a complete switch for a while.

Umibozu

Saseyo Eroika 3
Rintarou seems like he's stuck between a rock and a hard place, how will he ever stay pure.
tbh there doesn't seem like there can be much done before it gets formulaic.

Turok_TTZ

Tomo 180

Alright can someone explain to me the smile?

I'm getting mixed signals here and I am not sure how should I be interpreting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom