• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
Horimiya 56

80a4b77d48.jpg

Finally a good chapter again!

Also Vol. 1 is coming out officially this week, hooray! *runs out to buy*

Zephyx

Soma 140

LOL at that end page. Rubbing salt to the wound. I think he'll still challenge Eizan for a duel though. But with being a member of the E10 on the line or something.

Revo

Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ 7

besides always feeling a bit off that like no one apparently uses permission i really enjoy this series

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 22-23

I like the new club member, hope she gets to dance someday too~

and wow, tournament already!

/I swear every development here makes me think its a step to getting axed even if it isn't

Aizo

Banned
Have there been any new, good Horror manga in the past two years not done by Itou Junji?
I don't know if any of you remember, but I read a lot of Horror. I can jump into more of the Umezz catalog, but I don't know what else there is that's good, which I haven't already read.

I like things that subvert expectations, like the work of Kago Shintarou (though I really don't like eroguro).
67061.jpg

I also just love pretty much everything Itou has done.

Shokugeki no Soma 140

Oh no Skewer Senpai... I liked the guy as a character :(

Oh and this cheating opens the flood gates as to why other rich kids can't do the same.... unless it is only allowed for people in the council

Glasses Yakuza said that this isn't the same school any more so maybe now the rules have changed.... corruption already in Azami's utopia

Vinland Saga

I have a feeling all of these will wind down and come to a understanding... she might join them too

Tomo-chan 184-186

lol at this hugging saga

Hastati

Claymore Vol 1 (- 27)

Just bought the NA boxset, which is hefty and awesome. Been a few years since I read it (stopped at around 20? There was a hiatus or something), and I'm really going to enjoy going through it again. Forgot how much I liked Clare as a character and as the MC. Perfect time of year to be reading it too, got just the right amount of spooky.Very curious to see what happens in the last quarter of the story.

Revo

Shokugeki no Soma 140

this is dumb
and he'll obviously also be an amazing chef too when he actually has to fight

zzzzzzzzz

Lain

World Trigger volume 1
t58b.jpg

Enjoyable read despite the little info given in the first volume.
The chemistry between Osamu and Yuma isn't half bad and their differing personalities play nicely off each other.
The Neighbor stuff and the powers/triggers etc have me interested, though there isn't enough in the first volume to let me see how deep it's gonna be.
I'm expecting Osamu to end in some trouble because of Yuma.

Is the anime adaption of this faithful enough to the volumes? I'm thinking of taking a look to have a peek at the upcoming events while I wait for more volumes to come out here.

Revo

waiting for revo impression on the latest Alice in Borderland :(

I was getting around to it!

Alice in Borderland 32

Don't know how much I like the new system (assuming that other face card areas are outside of king of spade's area.is it only if you're challenging them, or can you just loiter around in their area? a lot of unknowns)
I was looking forward to facing off against the king of spades since we were thrust into it but I guess author wants to keep that more wildcarded (although i do like that instead of going to a random one arisu used his heart expertise to try and focus out one)

assuming bandaged guy is the hatter and he's another wild card, don't know anything about the game besides the name+difficulty so there's another unknown

Somewhat looking forward to more, a lot of additional unknowns though
(also i hope all the queens are female)

liar game 1-201 end

What a good manga. The pattern was routine but the games were interesting and you were always wondering how Akiyama and Nao would be able to win the games. The ending was way too abrupt though. Highly recommend!

Assassination Classroom Vol.06

Always interesting to see what the anime skipped over and this time was developing one of the characters.

Besides that, the pool arc was pretty good and I did enjoy the final exam arc.

Usobuko

Banned
I was getting around to it!

Alice in Borderland 32

Don't know how much I like the new system (assuming that other face card areas are outside of king of spade's area.is it only if you're challenging them, or can you just loiter around in their area? a lot of unknowns)
I was looking forward to facing off against the king of spades since we were thrust into it but I guess author wants to keep that more wildcarded (although i do like that instead of going to a random one arisu used his heart expertise to try and focus out one)

assuming bandaged guy is the hatter and he's another wild card, don't know anything about the game besides the name+difficulty so there's another unknown

Somewhat looking forward to more, a lot of additional unknowns though
(also i hope all the queens are female)

Bandaged guy was the one who got burned by Chishiya using the flame thrower in Hearts of 10th Game. I like the introduction of King of Spade because it essentially remove any safety net for the participants.

liar game 1-201 end

What a good manga. The pattern was routine but the games were interesting and you were always wondering how Akiyama and Nao would be able to win the games. The ending was way too abrupt though. Highly recommend!

If you like survival game manga, give Alice in Borderland a shot.

Wiseblade

World Trigger volume 1
t58b.jpg

The chemistry between Osamu and Yuma isn't half bad and their differing personalities play nicely off each other.
The Neighbor stuff and the powers/triggers etc have me interested, though there isn't enough in the first volume to let me see how deep it's gonna be.

Is the anime adaption of this faithful enough to the volumes? I'm thinking of taking a look to have a peek at the upcoming events while I wait for more volumes to come out here.
Toei picked up World Trigger and have pegged it as their next long-runner. The first 50 episodes are a very faithful adaptation ofthe manga, but the animation is exceptionally wonky. The first 20 episodes in particular are painful.

The anime just started what appears to be a lengthy filler arc, since the newest opening is dedicated to it.

The Seven Deadly Sins

Holy shit, Jericho is a boss. Carried Ban and Elaine on her back the whole way and saved their asses multiple times. This girl is awesome.

Also, RIP Commandments. Escanor about to wreck them.

Berserk 341

"Is the falconia arc over yet so we can go back to asking if they got off the boat" is the new "are they off the boat yet"

Anyone who thought Erica would actually bite it is nuts.

Arabesque

World Trigger volume 1
t58b.jpg

Subsequent volumes delve more into the world and expands on the Neighbors and their world as well. It's a slow series but I enjoy it for being through with the explanations and world building it does, as well as the character growth.

The anime is faithful to the source but the first 20 episodes are really shoddily made. Aside from the animation and production problems, the way it was directed early one was painfully slow to watch especially during the board room meetings or when characters talked with each other.

I say skip to episode 21-22 since that is when the anime went on from bad/passable to being good and at some occasions great even.

Shengar

Have there been any new, good Horror manga in the past two years not done by Itou Junji?
I don't know if any of you remember, but I read a lot of Horror. I can jump into more of the Umezz catalog, but I don't know what else there is that's good, which I haven't already read.

I like things that subvert expectations, like the work of Kago Shintarou (though I really don't like eroguro).
67061.jpg

I also just love pretty much everything Itou has done.

Anyone can help Aizo? (paging Usobuko and Lain since both like to read weird stuffs)
Wish I read horror so I could help.

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone can help Aizo? (paging Usobuko and Lain since both like to read weird stuffs)
Wish I read horror so I could help.

Well, not a horror expert here and I think the kind Aizo appreciates are dwindling in modern manga. He is probably better off tackling his own backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom