• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
World Trigger

Hyuse Yotaro needed more time. I wonder if he knew what Hyuse was thinking or if he had been spying on him. IN any case, I hope Hyuse holds no dark feelings about Border since it doesnt appear anywhere that people DONT want him to go back. Still I hope he gets back in the action on a team and not just waiting there until invaders come.

Lain

If Lain is to be trusted, it's shit.

I won't comment on Billy Bat, because I only have 1 random volume that was sent to me by mistake and I refused to read it (I mean, it was volume 7 or 8, even if it wasn't an Urasawa work, it just... isn't right to jump in at that point).
But I'll comment on Urasawa because I've read all of Happy! and gave a chance to Yawara: he's a writer that seems to love to troll his audience through forced drama or repeating the same joke over and over for entire volumes and as such I avoid everything by him now.

Hinamatsuri 50

Hitomi chapter!
What, she isn't Prime Minister already? And I really wanted to see how she was with a more "adult" look

ll43HYO.png

Marvelous. If cringe can be marvelous.

Kono Sekai ga Game da to Ore dake ga Shitteiru 04

money solves everything!

expect emotional distance between a father and a son who haven't spoken to each other in years

Usobuko

Banned
Hi guys!

I am looking for some recommendations, and maybe you could help me. Its been like +4 years since reading any manga, I just stopped after a very busy period of my life and my hobbies and tastes changed.
This weekend while cleaning all my shit in some dark prohibited closets and boxes I found my Planetes manga collection. God I didnt even remember I had those! I have read the some chapters since and I felt curious again.

Mitsuru Adachi (Touch!, H2), Rumiko Tahakashi (Maison Ikkoku) and Naoki Urusawa (Monster, 20 Century Boys) were some of my favorites. Also really liked Mushishi, Planetes and Nijigahara Holograph between others.

What good series or one offs from the past few years would you guys recommend? Something short would be a plus! Is Billy Bat from Urusawa any good? Never read anything else from Asano, something to read from him?

Thanks a lot! And sorry if I misspelled some names.

To add on to what Zweizer's post, you seem like someone who might enjoy Kakukaku Shikajika & Ran and the Grey World.

Witchcraft Works Vol.07

the weekend is over
and now we're back to carefree days
including a giant penguin vs giant bear vs giant rabbit vs giant black bear showdown

the arc into discovering their past was pretty interesting so looking forward to seeing that develop again

and I'll always keep saying praises to this show for the amazing background art that appears in the scenes here. It's really something you don't notice in the first place but amount of detail in background characters and events is really amazing

Jintor

That Yuri Manga With Butts 02

please stop banging in toilets. it's unhygenic.

Spotted Flowers

I wasn't enjoying it so dropped

Some manga about getting a girlfriend but actually she draws H-manga and is only dating you for reference material 1-3

This is okay I guess

Orc and Pervy Elf Manga 05

This is great, hope someone picks it up for a redraw or something one day

God’s Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand Spiders 9

Wait I thought Sou could like see the future now he can do astral projection? Fucking psychics are a bunch of cheaters

Hey people. I am not as into manga as I am into anime, but because I bus to school 2+ hours a day, I have been reading manga a lot more, so I would like some recommendations, if anyone would like to help. This is a list of what I have read/am reading:

Naruto
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
The Seven Deadly Sins (Just got caught up to this, which led me here)
Prison School
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
One-Punch Man
Rikudo
Shokugeki no Soma

Behind/Backlog:

Assassination Classroom (Got to school trip, and then I watched the anime)
Akame ga Kill! (Saw anime, heard manga was a lot better)
Magi (Saw anime, heard manga was better)
One Outs (Saw anime)
Shingeki no Kyojin (Read up to around chapter 50)
Tokyo Ghoul (Saw anime, read 10 chapters)
World Trigger (Heard the manga was actually good)
Yamada and the Seven Witches (Saw anime)
Fairy Tail (Up to chapter 402)
Btooom! (Saw anime)
Berserk (Read the first few volumes)

I think that might be it. These seems to paint a clear picture of what I like, at least I think so. Here is my MAL, in case there is something I have watched that I should read, or just to see other genres I like, in case I haven't read any of a particular genre yet.

Thanks in advance!

Hey people. I am not as into manga as I am into anime, but because I bus to school 2+ hours a day, I have been reading manga a lot more, so I would like some recommendations, if anyone would like to help. This is a list of what I have read/am reading:

Naruto
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Prison School
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
One-Punch Man
Rikudo
Shokugeki no Soma

Behind/Backlog:

One Outs (Saw anime)
Btooom! (Saw anime)

I think that might be it. These seems to paint a clear picture of what I like, at least I think so. Here is my MAL, in case there is something I have watched that I should read, or just to see other genres I like, in case I haven't read any of a particular genre yet.

Thanks in advance!

You need to read Seraph of the End and Haikyuu!! Two of the most definitive currently running series. Ace of Diamond is a must as well with a touch of Twin Star Exorcists.

Naruto
One Piece
Hunter x Hunter
Prison School
My Hero Academia
Black Clover
One-Punch Man
Rikudo
Shokugeki no Soma

Behind/Backlog:

One Outs (Saw anime)
Btooom! (Saw anime)

Thanks in advance!

Go read Berserk before anything else

You need to read Seraph of the End and Haikyuu!! Two of the most definitive currently running series. Ace of Diamond is a must as well with a touch of Twin Star Exorcists.

I am currently watching the first two you mentioned. I might read them once each anime ends. I didn't like what I watched of Ace of Diamond, so I am not particularly interested in reading it. Twin Star Exorcists seems pretty cool, so I will give that a try. Thanks!

Go read Berserk before anything else

It is sooooo long. Besides, I have plenty of time to catch up before it gets even further along, don't I? :p

Usobuko

Banned
Hey people. I am not as into manga as I am into anime, but because I bus to school 2+ hours a day, I have been reading manga a lot more, so I would like some recommendations, if anyone would like to help. This is a list of what I have read/am reading.

Your currently reading list consist of a bunch of shounen stuff, I will just say I like Gash Bell a lot. It's a little traditional and the humour is more akin to One Piece than JoJo. You might also want to check out Fullmetal Alchemist.

I am currently watching the first two you mentioned. I might read them once each anime ends. I didn't like what I watched of Ace of Diamond, so I am not particularly interested in reading it. Twin Star Exorcists seems pretty cool, so I will give that a try. Thanks!

It is sooooo long. Besides, I have plenty of time to catch up before it gets even further along, don't I? :p

It's been releasing pretty consistently for a few months now no excuse :p

And besides of all the series on your list, even if stuck on hiatus Berserk is the best

Your currently reading list consist of a bunch of shounen stuff, I will just say I like Gash Bell a lot. It's a little traditional and the humour is more akin to One Piece than JoJo. You might also want to check out Fullmetal Alchemist.

Yeah, I realized my list was almost all shounen, which is why I put the part about what I like being obvious in there.

I've seen a couple episodes of Zatch Bell, never really knew what it was. I may try it. I guess I should've said I was looking more for currently running manga.

Already watched both seasons of FMA. No interest in reading it.

It's been releasing pretty consistently for a few months now no excuse :p

And besides of all the series on your list, even if stuck on hiatus Berserk is the best

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize it started releasing again. I saw a boat joke not too long ago. I guess I will start reading it again. The beginning isn't supposed to be amazing, right? Just seems like some guy getting beaten up but still surviving right now.

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records 03-04

good old Magic Tekkan ☆ Magical Punch

enjoying what a goofball then a badass the protag is

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
God’s Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand - Tongue of the Spider Queen

Sou is a fucking psychopath, he's like that little shit from the corn fields Twilight Zone episode or that kid in the Omen.

Also this is slowly becoming more gruesome and horrifying. I mean this lady summons a million spiders and forms her body out of them then a crow rips her spider tongue out because Sou can...become a crow now? Okey dokey

The arc after that one is raw as fuck. Only one I really liked tbh, but it's super gruesome.

ZoddGutts

Finished Punpun last night. I wouldn't say I was numb after reading but it felt pretty damn close. Lots of feels and all got a really heavy towards the end maybe a bit heavy to my liking to the point I was asking myself if the author was just being sadistic. Anyways boy am I going to read something light after that for the time being.

Usobuko

Banned
Finished Punpun last night. I wouldn't say I was numb after reading but it felt pretty damn close. Lots of feels and all got a really heavy towards the end maybe a bit heavy to my liking to the point I was asking myself if the author was just being sadistic. Anyways boy am I going to read something light after that for the time being.

Join the Hinamatsuri or Dungeon Meshi train.

mdubs

Banned
Hi guys!

I am looking for some recommendations, and maybe you could help me. Its been like +4 years since reading any manga, I just stopped after a very busy period of my life and my hobbies and tastes changed.
This weekend while cleaning all my shit in some dark prohibited closets and boxes I found my Planetes manga collection. God I didnt even remember I had those! I have read the some chapters since and I felt curious again.

Mitsuru Adachi (Touch!, H2), Rumiko Tahakashi (Maison Ikkoku) and Naoki Urusawa (Monster, 20 Century Boys) were some of my favorites. Also really liked Mushishi, Planetes and Nijigahara Holograph between others.

What good series or one offs from the past few years would you guys recommend? Something short would be a plus! Is Billy Bat from Urusawa any good? Never read anything else from Asano, something to read from him?

Thanks a lot! And sorry if I misspelled some names.
If you read H2 and Touch then you need to read Cross Game immediately

Koufuku Graffiti 01-03

the warm fuzzy feelings food adventures of a girl and her cousin

of course with slightly interesting food eating cause that's how we all eat food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom